NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not defending Frank Reich, but look at that roster and tell me who scares you on offense? They've given Bryce Young chicken**** and asked him to make chicken salad. 

Shame on Reich for taking that job. Shame on the next guy to take the job. They aren't improving anytime soon. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I for one am sad we were denied this unprecedented offensive explosion. 

I'm glad they took all the dead weight off of our hands and threw in 2 - 2nds and a flip of 13/15 in the draft. 

What do you think we could have gotten if we had some leverage? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm not defending Frank Reich, but look at that roster and tell me who scares you on offense? They've given Bryce Young chicken**** and asked him to make chicken salad. 

Shame on Reich for taking that job. Shame on the next guy to take the job. They aren't improving anytime soon. 

I know nothing of Carolina's organization (read: who their GM is) but apparently, Tepper's a really short fuse guy - which is a major problem when you've gotta pick a good coach and give him (and the GM whomever that is..) time to develop the program and players.

I'm not a fan of smallish QBs...but Young was all the rage coming out of college...and Carolina bit. Will he develop into a franchise QB? Nobody can say for sure given the lack of talent around him. I dont think Reich's any kind of great coach, but I also dont think is was the problem in Carolina this year. Anyway....it's Carolina...what do I care?

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Not sure if it's true, but thought I read that Reich wanted Stroud in the draft, ownership wanted Young. 

Basically, it's good to be the Owner. 

The Panthers find themselves in the position of, in consecutive years:

- Traded away their top two offensive weapons
- Took the wrong left tackle high in the draft
- Took the wrong QB high in the draft

It's a difficult rebuild from this point, but perhaps not the hardest one in the NFL (just go familiarize yourself with the Saints cap situation).

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Not sure if it's true, but thought I read that Reich wanted Stroud in the draft, ownership wanted Young. 

Basically, it's good to be the Owner. 

Well, actually in this case it sucks to be the owner because he was wrong......... maybe. Hard to imagine any rookie succeeding with the mess Carolina has for offensive talent. 

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Well, actually in this case it sucks to be the owner because he was wrong......... maybe. Hard to imagine any rookie succeeding with the mess Carolina has for offensive talent. 

I meant good in the sense that as the Owner, you can pretty much make any decision you want without consequences. Unfair world. 

• Like 1