NFL News & Notes

Leader

Field Yates -   Pete Carroll is asked whether Seattle will claim Odell Beckham, Jr. He does not rule it out, ending his answer with this and a smile: “So, I didn’t say yes or I didn’t say no. That’s just cause…you’ll see.” Seattle does have the cap space to take on the $7.25M owed to OBJ.

ProFootballlTalk - Washington signs Joey Slye, cuts Chris Blewitt.  Washington cut Dustin Hopkins last month and gave the job to Blewitt, who blew his opportunity to become a long-term answer at the position by having three of his five field goal attempts blocked in two games with the team. He did make both extra points he tried in Washington.

///

One could say he blew it.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

Albert Breer -   Pittsburgh's Mike Tomlin didn't just get to 150 wins faster than any coach in NFL history, he also passed his predecessor, Bill Cowher, to move into 20th on the league's all-time wins list last night. Tomlin's still just 49 years old.

Jon Machota -   Jerry Jones: Denver didn’t do anything we weren’t expecting. “We anticipated it. I went over it carefully with Mike (McCarthy) before the game. What they came out doing we anticipated completely. We just didn’t anticipate them having that kind of success, and they stayed in it.”

• Aaron Nagler -   "I went over it carefully with Mike before the game." Amazing.

///

Consider the Ownership universes that McCarthy's inhabited.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Michael David Smith -   By the stats at Football Outsiders, Bills QB Josh Allen played the single worst game of any QB in the NFL this season in Sunday's loss to the Jaguars. Allen has taken a pretty big step backward this season.

Yea, who’d of thunk Allen and Mahomes would be playing like this? I’d gladly still take either one of them if I were starting a franchise tho.

What started out as a promising year has gone south quickly..........

Ian Rapoport -    After two days of testing, exams revealed that #Panthers QB Sam Darnold has a fractured scapula, sources say. The right shoulder injury will most likely lead to Darnold missing several weeks. PJ Walker, his backup, will step in.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -   Minnesota Vikings’ RB Dalvin Cook is the victim of domestic abuse and extortion – there’s pending litigation, according to his agent Zac Hiller.

I'm not trying to make a joke here but I swear I had to read that three times to make sure I was reading correctly. 

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not trying to make a joke here but I swear I had to read that three times to make sure I was reading correctly. 

Some backgound....provided by Cook's Agent:

ProFootballtalk -  Roughly a year ago, someone broke into Cook’s house. The female who did it, is a sergeant in the U.S. military, attacked Cook in his home while he had a guest present. The invader then allegedly tried to extort Cook for millions of dollars, claiming that she suffered injuries during the course of the attack that she allegedly initiated.

Because she allegedly broke into Cook’s house, however, he had the right to defend himself. Litigation, per Hiller, has not yet been commenced, but it’s in the process of being initiated. No criminal complaints have been filed in connection with the incident.

Stay tuned for more details on this developing story.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Some backgound....provided by Cook's Agent:

ProFootballtalk -  Roughly a year ago, someone broke into Cook’s house. The female who did it, is a sergeant in the U.S. military, attacked Cook in his home while he had a guest present. The invader then allegedly tried to extort Cook for millions of dollars, claiming that she suffered injuries during the course of the attack that she allegedly initiated.

Because she allegedly broke into Cook’s house, however, he had the right to defend himself. Litigation, per Hiller, has not yet been commenced, but it’s in the process of being initiated. No criminal complaints have been filed in connection with the incident.

Stay tuned for more details on this developing story.

Wow...