Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

We traded a boatload of 1st's to get Gobert. I believe we didn't have a 1st rounder until 2028 before last nights trade with the Knicks.

True, it is nuts the Wolves are getting so much in return but looking at the contract and the crazy amount Kat gets paid, that is why, but yes it is great to have a protected top 13 pick from the Knicks via Detroit in 2025.  And Detroit will be bad I assume like usual so could be a decent pick.  

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True, it is nuts the Wolves are getting so much in return but looking at the contract and the crazy amount Kat gets paid, that is why, but yes it is great to have a protected top 13 pick from the Knicks via Detroit in 2025.  And Detroit will be bad I assume like usual so could be a decent pick.  

Top 13 protected means Detroit basically has to be good enough to not be a lottery team for the pick to convey. If Detroit’s pick is within in the top 13 picks, Minnesota will not get that pick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

We traded a boatload of 1st's to get Gobert. I believe we didn't have a 1st rounder until 2028 before last nights trade with the Knicks.

We did trade like 4 picks for Gobert, but you can’t trade them in consecutive years, so we do have at least one before 2028

Edited by Worm Guts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

Top 13 protected means Detroit basically has to be good enough to not be a lottery team for the pick to convey. If Detroit’s pick is within in the top 13 picks, Minnesota will not get that pick.

Oh my bad, well then there is almost zero chance Minnesota gets that pick, but I still would say it is a one sided deal for Minnesota getting a very solid guard along with Randle.  Towns is good but he is not so good he is better than a healthy Julius Randle and Donte DiVincenzo.  

I did not know about it, but apparently Finch really likes Randle and coached him in New Orleans a few years back,.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Oh my bad, well then there is almost zero chance Minnesota gets that pick, but I still would say it is a one sided deal for Minnesota getting a very solid guard along with Randle.  Towns is good but he is not so good he is better than a healthy Julius Randle and Donte DiVincenzo.  

There’s very little chance we get it he pick this year, but there’s still another couple chances for it to convey. I believe it’s top 11 protected in 2026, and top 9 protected in 2027, if it doesn’t convey by then it turns into a 2nd round pick.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

There’s very little chance we get it he pick this year, but there’s still another couple chances for it to convey. I believe it’s top 11 protected in 2026, and top 9 protected in 2027, if it doesn’t convey by then it turns into a 2nd round pick.

Right. It’s actually more valuable as a trade piece.