Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

It ultimately didn’t matter because the Gophers scored anyway, but they stole a down from Gophers on the last TD drive. They called a delay of game on UCLA on 1st and goal, but after they accepted the penalty, it was 2nd and goal.

I was watching with the sound off, so I don’t know if anyone noticed, but that could have been a huge mistake.

Just to make sure I wasn’t crazy on the lost down (since I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere), I looked up the play-by-play 

• 1st & Goal at UCLA 9

(0:48 - 4th) TAYLOR, Darius rush to the right for no gain to the UCLA9 (SCHWESINGER, Carson), clock 00:43. PENALTY Before the snap, UCLA Delay Of Game on TAUPAKI, Siale enforced 5 yards from the end of the play at the UCLA9 to the UCLA4. NO PLAY (replay the down).
  • 2nd & Goal at UCLA 4

(0:34 - 4th) Max Brosmer pass incomplete
  • 3rd & Goal at UCLA 4

(0:32 - 4th) Timeout UCLA, clock 00:32
  • 3rd & Goal at UCLA 4

(0:27 - 4th) Max Brosmer pass complete to Darius Taylor for 4 yds for a TD (Dragan Kesich KICK)

A Minnesota horticulture teacher remained the reigning champion Monday of an annual pumpkin-weighing contest in Northern California where his massive gourds have won the top prize four years in a row. Travis Gienger, of Anoka, Minnesota, beat his closest competitor by 6 pounds to clinch the victory at the 51st World Championship Pumpkin Weigh-Off in Half Moon Bay, south of San Francisco.

His winning gourd came in at 2,471 pounds, falling short of the world record he set last year with a pumpkin weighing 2,749 pounds.

https://www.kbzk.com/life/holidays-and-celebrations/minnesota-teacher-wins-pumpkin-contest-for-the-fourth-straight-year-with-a-2-471-pound-gourd

• Like 1