REPORT: Steve Wilks to be Hired as next Cardinals Coach

LuckyNumber11

55 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Bringing in Al Holcomb to be his DC potential. Switching to a 4-3? I think the personnel are there for it.

That would take some shine off this hire. The roster is clearly built to run a 3-4 defense. Jones and Golden are not hand in the dirt defensive line men. Buchanan will have to move back to safety as he is not big enough to be a 4-3 middle linebacker. What do you do with baker and honey badger? 

sounds like a really good hire if true

2008-09: Brown helps the Bills second year running back Marshawn Lynch to 1000 yards and works with Jason Peters to get to first Pro Bowl in 2008, in 2009 Brown broke in two rookies and a second year player on the Bills revamped offensive line.

2010: Helped to work in Mike Iupati and Anthony Davis as rookies.

2011-2015: Helped develop rookies Amini Silatolu in 2012, former defensive lineman Nate Chandler in 2013, and Trai Turner And Andrew Norwell in 2014. Since then Turner and Norwell have become All Pro linemen.

From 2014-2016, the Panthers had 30 consecutive games with at least 100 yards in a regular season game, the longest streak in the NFL since the Steelers from 1974-1977, according to Panthers.com.

55 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Gotta think Bevell + Lamar Jackson might be a good combination

Oh God no!!!! Lamar Jackson is a horrible choice. He will exciting to watch until he gets hurt. He is a less accurate version of Vick or RG3. 

10 minutes ago, Smhx2519 said:

Oh God no!!!! Lamar Jackson is a horrible choice. He will exciting to watch until he gets hurt. He is a less accurate version of Vick or RG3. 

Can't predict injuries, no matter the player or their style. I would want Jackson to sit a year, but he has the potential to be one of the most dynamic players in the league. The kid is an outstanding athlete and can make all the throws on the field. I'm not going to knock him because he doesn't look like a QB. I'd vehemently disagree with any poor grade on LJ, he needs work yes. But he can be every bit as good as Russell Wilson or Cam Newton

6 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Can't predict injuries, no matter the player or their style. I would want Jackson to sit a year, but he has the potential to be one of the most dynamic players in the league. The kid is an outstanding athlete and can make all the throws on the field. I'm not going to knock him because he doesn't look like a QB. I'd vehemently disagree with any poor grade on LJ, he needs work yes. But he can be every bit as good as Russell Wilson or Cam Newton

We will have to agree to disagree. Cam Newton is at least 50 lbs heavier and almost as big as the linemen trying to tackle him. Lamar Jackson doesn’t have the same stature. Russell Wilson is more more like Fran Tarkington in his game and run as last resort. Different than Jackson. The nfl game is played from the pocket and he simply doesn’t have the accuracy to be successful from there. I have no faith in that style of quarterback. 

35 minutes ago, Smhx2519 said:

We will have to agree to disagree. Cam Newton is at least 50 lbs heavier and almost as big as the linemen trying to tackle him. Lamar Jackson doesn’t have the same stature. Russell Wilson is more more like Fran Tarkington in his game and run as last resort. Different than Jackson. The nfl game is played from the pocket and he simply doesn’t have the accuracy to be successful from there. I have no faith in that style of quarterback. 

There's a big reason why I would want him to sit for a year. Build up a little bit more muscle, gain some more experience with our receivers. I think he can be very successful in the NFL, but it has to be in the right environment 

4 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

There's a big reason why I would want him to sit for a year. Build up a little bit more muscle, gain some more experience with our receivers. I think he can be very successful in the NFL, but it has to be in the right environment 

I think he will be a flash in the pan type player. All of his natural ability will wow everyone for a while, but like Vick, RG3, Kapernick and most of that type QB he won’t last long. Even Deshaun Watson who is lighter years better as a passer only lasted part of a season. I’d rather find a standard style QB and take my chances. 

1 hour ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

McCoy as OC is very meh to me. Feel like we could've done better, but it could be worse. 

Couldn’t be more disappointed in this selection. McCoy is the most overrated OC in the NFL. His only real success was with manning. So much for developing a young QB. We are going to be mediocre for awhile. Fitz will probably retire because of this choice. Awful!!!

Archived