TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

Just now, samsel23 said:

tbh he already kinda does that one his own. (Carr)

Still hate going against him though

Fun fact: Carr attended HS in my hometown (he and my sister attended same school... like 15 years apart) ;)

Also his brother David may or may not have been the Texans first draft pick... lol

I have to laugh to keep from crying

I think it's a good trade for both sides. Bengals have a logjam at WR and need to get John Ross on the field. Our O-line was terrible.

Penn is 34 so in 3-4 years Green and Hudson will still be going strong but the Bengals will be looking for an LT again. And maybe Ogbuehi benefits from a change of scenery.

Just now, jch1911 said:

I hear you... but as a team with no LT, a starting caliber one is better than nothing

I understand the criticism of the trade.  I wasnt planning on trading Hudson by any means, but I also wasnt planning on Green being a Raider.  I will be looking to trade for/Free Agency an LT and OC before the draft.  Now WR is locked down.  AJ Green/Amari Cooper/Patterson is a pretty decent set up.

Just now, daineraider said:

I understand the criticism of the trade.  I wasnt planning on trading Hudson by any means, but I also wasnt planning on Green being a Raider.  I will be looking to trade for/Free Agency an LT and OC before the draft.  Now WR is locked down.  AJ Green/Amari Cooper/Patterson is a pretty decent set up.

I get it and honestly that lineup would sell a lot of tix in Vegas ;)

2 minutes ago, daineraider said:

What are the chances Newton is back and ready to play this year?

If you asked before I would say NONE

BUT apparently the dude is actually much further along than anyone ever imagined

O'Brien even talks like he will be back at starting RT before training camp

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Teams have spent way more for way worse QB's. Jags would have been in the Super Bowl if they had Nick Foles last season. 2 2's and a 4 is worth that and some.

We spent a second round pick and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on Kevin Kolb. We also traded a 6th round pick for Carson Palmer. For me, I would not want to buy in on any Quarterback that you are not 100% certain on, while their value is high. 

3 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

We spent a second round pick and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on Kevin Kolb. We also traded a 6th round pick for Carson Palmer. For me, I would not want to buy in on any Quarterback that you are not 100% certain on, while their value is high. 

Ah, Kevin Kolb. Good times. That pick turned in to Mychal Kendricks by the way :)  DRC was fairly useless on the "dream team" gross

But Nick Foles is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kevin Kolb

It's probably worth mentioning that cutting Bortles doesn't remove his 2018 cap hit. His contract is guaranteed for injury and at the moment he's recovering from hand surgery. He won't pass a physical for months, probably not until after the May 1 date when the guarantee kicks in. 

Archived