Super Bowl 52 GDT: New England Evil Empires vs Philadelphia Destiny

Just now, Blahman88 said:

If we have Wentz we win......

With Foles, I'd be lying if I said I was confident

You don't have to be confident, but don't be a defeatist either.

I was going to respond to your previous post a lot more aggressively but decided against it. You don't have to think it will be easy, but to be all doom and gloom is disrespectful to this team who's worked so hard to get here.

Just now, Danger said:

You don't have to be confident, but don't be a defeatist either.

I was going to respond to your previous post a lot more aggressively but decided against it. You don't have to think it will be easy, but to be all doom and gloom is disrespectful to this team who's worked so hard to get here.

Not really, my views have no effect on the team or what they do.

Defeatism or Realism, we are starting Nick Foles out there and he's such a hot and cold QB against a coaching mastermind who almost always comes through.

I'm not disrespecting the team.

That Vikings game showed me that this Eagles team can really play with any team in the NFL. 

And that Vikings defense was the best statistical defense in the league this year. They were so good that they were the best statistical defense on 3rd down in NFL history (since that started to get tracked).

So if Nick Foles can play extremely well against that defense, he can do it against anyone.

Just now, RollEagles said:

That Vikings game showed me that this Eagles team can really play with any team in the NFL. 

And that Vikings defense was the best statistical defense in the league this year. They were so good that they were the best statistical defense on 3rd down in NFL history (since that started to get tracked).

So if Nick Foles can play extremely well against that defense, he can do it against anyone.

No debate he can do it.....

.....but he is also capable of being so so bad.

2 minutes ago, Blahman88 said:

That's what it's all about, hopefully Dougie P plays balls out and goes at it aggressively.

They honestly need to approach this game the same way they approached the Vikings. This Patriots aura is a silly storyline to me. This is a completely different Patriots team and Brady is 40 years old. We need to get after him. He looked uncomfortable against the Jags early on and then their lack of depth on the D line started to show.

Apparently there are mostly Eagles fans in Minneapolis right now. Eagles reporters saying mostly Eagles fans flew in today and that it's mostly Eagles fans at the Mall of America (that's where most of the pre-Super Bowl events have been happening?)

For the season, the Patriots rank 31st in defensive DVOA, and that could ultimately be their undoing this week. Our study of Super Bowl winners has shown that no team since at least 1986 has won a Super Bowl with a defense ranked lower than 25th in this metric.

kacsmar-sneaky-0202.png

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/sneaky-stats-that-could-decide-the-super-bowl/

5 hours ago, BAConrad said:

But here's the thing...Would you guys be happy if we won this game but then don't win one again for another 50 years? Because almost as much as I want this win, I want Carson to win one for us. 

I would be happier than any other moment in my life to date outside of marriage and my son’s birth. The next 50 years would give me a warm, fulfilled feeling deep down in my soul. 

Would love for Carson to recreate that joy, if given the opportunity. But we need that win this Sunday. 

Archived