Super Bowl 52 GDT: New England Evil Empires vs Philadelphia Destiny

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

we have the better team they have the better QB(only because our better qb is hurt) 

but I am going into this game the same way I approached the last 2. I think we'll win but I'm not going to be heartbroken if we dont. Still a great ride and a bright future. 

I feel the same way. 

We have the better OL and DL.

We have the better defense as a whole. 

I think in terms of WRs and TEs, the two teams are close to even. 

In terms of RBs, both teams have fits for their systems. Not sure either team would swap with the other. 

They might have the edge in terms of DBs.

They have the edge in QB. 

I think we'll win. That defense can be had. With our OL against that defense, I expect us to be able to run the ball and keep them off balance.

My biggest concern is if Foles is off and we start off with a couple 3 and outs. I expect the Patriots to go tempo on offense and the only thing I'm worried about is our defense wearing down if we fail to sustain drives on offense. However, the only way I see us not moving the ball is if we really get away from the run. 

Basically, if we have the offensive game plan we had against the Chiefs early this season where we just didn't run the ball, we'll lose for sure. 

Run the ball, mix it up like we did against the Vikings, and have the defensive line beat the Patriots offensive line (a matchup that very much favors us).

If Cox, Graham, Long, Jernigan, Curry, and Barnett show up, we're going to win. Brady hasn't faced this much depth and talent on the defensive line in years.

11 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

BG, Curry & Timmy J are going to need to step up...0 sacks this postseason between them so far. 

Patriots have given up 11 QB hits this post season

Jernigan has really disappeared since he got his contract. I know he's been sick the past week but a return to how he played the first part of the season would be huge for us. I'm sure the Patriots are going to have their hands full with Cox. I'd imagine they have a lot schemed up in an effort to try and slow Cox down. The rest of the D-line is going to have their chances to win one on one matchups.

If the patriots want to win, I think they can look at the Seahawks game to get a blueprint on how to. The Seahawks kicked our butts in the short quick passes. If we can defend against those plays then I think we have a good shot at winning the defensive side of the ball. 

Archived