Super Bowl 52 GDT: New England Evil Empires vs Philadelphia Destiny

Question for fellow Eagles fan:

How upset/angry/disappointed will you guys be if we lose this game? More upset than 2004??? Same amount??? I'm just wondering cause I been thinking about this all week, and I don't feel the pressure that we had back in 2004. I feel like we are underdogs and playing with house money. I want us to win.... you have no idea how bad, but I also won't be so hard on myself if we loss. 

How do you guys feel?

5 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

How upset/angry/disappointed will you guys be if we lose this game? More upset than 2004??? Same amount??? I'm just wondering cause I been thinking about this all week, and I don't feel the pressure that we had back in 2004. I feel like we are underdogs and playing with house money. I want us to win.... you have no idea how bad, but I also won't be so hard on myself if we loss. 

How do you guys feel?

I really couldn't tell you. Lets hope we don't have to find out.

5 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

How do you guys feel?

pressure was so high in 2004 that we could barely enjoy it.

I don't think any of us were ready for them to take this much of a leap this year.
I thought getting to the playoffs and winning a game was gonna be a good goal for the year...I didn't even necessarily expect it per se.

Much like this regular season. I've just sat back and enjoyed it the playoffs.
They are the whip cream on top of an amazing and honestly fun season.

Would it be great to get that cherry and bring home the Lombardi?....of course, it's what we all want.
But I know the way this team has been built up, the culture they have made...it's a roster of guys who are gonna give it their all and have fun doing it.

If that isn't enough sunday, I'm not going to be devastated.
I'm not going to start to question "Are we even good enough to win?" like I did in 2004 where Andy and McNabb let us all down when it mattered.
This was the beginning of something great, and something that can continue to get better (CBs developing in the scheme, Barnett getting a stronger NFL body to start murdering teams, more chemistry in the receiving core...perhaps additions to it in the draft, and more defensive talent being added to an already deep group)

I'm proud of them for getting here, and doing it their way.
They could've easily gotten to Minnesota and shown up timid, or try to emulate the Patriots quite reserve.
But they showed their personality and passion like they did all year. 

They seem loose and confident
While I won't be crushed if they lose...I fully expect a win Sunday.

19 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

How do you guys feel?

To me, we're playing with house money at this point. We're the more talented team, but with a huge talent gap at the most important position in the game. 

Agree @Kiltman. I think the reason 2004 felt different was because of the build up of years to get there. It feels like we’re just starting right now.

Also, just want to especially agree about Barnett. I think he’s going to be our best defensive lineman in a few years. He’s got a ton of potential. 

44 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

How do you guys feel?

My preseason expectations were no where near this and I put this season out to pasture after the Ginger Jesus went down. So on one hand, we are playing with house money. On the other, i am so tired of being a team without a SB. This team is here and it would be really disappointing not to capitalize because you never know if/when theyll get another chance

1 hour ago, RollEagles said:

Jernigan has really disappeared since he got his contract. I know he's been sick the past week but a return to how he played the first part of the season would be huge for us. I'm sure the Patriots are going to have their hands full with Cox. I'd imagine they have a lot schemed up in an effort to try and slow Cox down. The rest of the D-line is going to have their chances to win one on one matchups.

Every Ravens fans warned us that Jernigan disappears for the second half of the season. And he did. 

I feel like we shouldn't take this SB appearance lightly or for granted. 

Yeah, its pretty nice knowing that this is a team playing with house money. If we lose, people can't (though they'll try) actually make fun of us.  Because we have the whole Foles "excuse" for lack of a better word. And win or lose, we are still going to be the heavy favorite going into the following season. 

With that said, we've seen teams that looked destined to go back to the big game after getting there and then fail. Seattle made that second one in the loss, but its likely they missed their chance for the time being. And Carolina is 2 seasons removed from a 15-1 season where Cam won MVP only to regress faster than almost any QB I've seen. Green Bay has just the one appearance (and they won tho). And after that win eight years ago, people thought they were bound to be the next New England. Which therr never will be anyway so I hate hearing people say that.

Players say it so much it almost sounds cliche at this point but it's true: It's REALLY hard to make it to the big game. You have to really have things go your way most of the season. Granted, our insane depth kept us from doing what most teams who lose their best RB, LT, MLB, AND QB for the season which is roll over and die. Instead we kept rolling. And it's a fun god damn ride. 

So I really am actually going to be upset if we lose. Because of a few reasons:

1. We are actually the much better team than NE. People mistakenly assume Brady just will win this on his own despite the fact that he is 40. His body could break down any moment from any hit. Even in this game. Who knows. 

2. LIS before, being in the SB is a big deal. It's hard to get there. I don't want this season to end like that. 

But here's the thing...Would you guys be happy if we won this game but then don't win one again for another 50 years? Because almost as much as I want this win, I want Carson to win one for us. 

23 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I feel like we shouldn't take this SB appearance lightly or for granted. 

Yeah, its pretty nice knowing that this is a team playing with house money. If we lose, people can't (though they'll try) actually make fun of us.  Because we have the whole Foles "excuse" for lack of a better word. And win or lose, we are still going to be the heavy favorite going into the following season. 

With that said, we've seen teams that looked destined to go back to the big game after getting there and then fail. Seattle made that second one in the loss, but its likely they missed their chance for the time being. And Carolina is 2 seasons removed from a 15-1 season where Cam won MVP only to regress faster than almost any QB I've seen. Green Bay has just the one appearance (and they won tho). And after that win eight years ago, people thought they were bound to be the next New England. Which therr never will be anyway so I hate hearing people say that.

Players say it so much it almost sounds cliche at this point but it's true: It's REALLY hard to make it to the big game. You have to really have things go your way most of the season. Granted, our insane depth kept us from doing what most teams who lose their best RB, LT, MLB, AND QB for the season which is roll over and die. Instead we kept rolling. And it's a fun god damn ride. 

So I really am actually going to be upset if we lose. Because of a few reasons:

1. We are actually the much better team than NE. People mistakenly assume Brady just will win this on his own despite the fact that he is 40. His body could break down any moment from any hit. Even in this game. Who knows. 

2. LIS before, being in the SB is a big deal. It's hard to get there. I don't want this season to end like that. 

But here's the thing...Would you guys be happy if we won this game but then don't win one again for another 50 years? Because almost as much as I want this win, I want Carson to win one for us. 

I agree with a lot of what's here. To answer your last question, I'd take this win even if it meant we didn't get one for a while. I'd love for Carson to win one in Philadelphia too but as you said, it's so hard to get here.

Archived