TCMD 2018 GB Packer WAR ROOM (pick 232= Riley Ferguson, QB Memphis)

squire12

20 minutes ago, squire12 said:
41 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Clowney is OTB? yes please

@JBURGE25

What are you willing to give up to get him?

Depends, are you thinking he won't be signed? otherwise I would try to package one of your OTB guys. Bulaga would be nice on Houston. As much as I don't want to move Bulaga, we can more easily replace RT than an elite edge rusher. 

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

Depends, are you thinking he won't be signed? otherwise I would try to package one of your OTB guys. Bulaga would be nice on Houston. As much as I don't want to move Bulaga, we can more easily replace RT than an elite edge rusher. 

Clowney is signed for 2018 at $13.8M.   Is a FA after that.  

HOU would be looking at a top package of assets

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

I wouldnt move any of those guys except Hundley. Move Monty to WR for immediate depth there. Bulaga is a 28 year old all-pro caliber RT. Cobb is still young as well and a Rodgers favorite. 

I guess I look at Cobb and Bulaga as different pieces.  Spriggs is ready to step into the RT role for Bulaga, and it adds almost $5M in cap space.

Cobb would add $9+M in cap space and if it adds another piece on D or a mid round draft pick, I think that works.  As you said, Monty could slide into a slot WR role if Cobb is moved..

28 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Right sorry, his 5th year option. We don't have what it takes to get him in a trade then unless they are interested in a package of Bulaga/Cobb + Picks, but they don't have the cap for that I don't think. 

7 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Right sorry, his 5th year option. We don't have what it takes to get him in a trade then unless they are interested in a package of Bulaga/Cobb + Picks, but they don't have the cap for that I don't think. 

HOU has like $50M in cap space.  They could take in Bulaga and Cobb, but I think it would take a 1st added to that to get Clowney.

The salaries just about equal each other, but then we are short of a top pick and have created other holes to fill.

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

HOU has like $50M in cap space.  They could take in Bulaga and Cobb, but I think it would take a 1st added to that to get Clowney.

The salaries just about equal each other, but then we are short of a top pick and have created other holes to fill.

I wouldn't say we create large holes. But yeah losing the 1st kills it

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Would like some thoughts on draft pick round compensation for the following players

Bulaga --day 2 pick

Cobb -- 3rd/4th

Hundley -- day 3 pick

I would not under any circumstances move Bulaga for just a pick. You would get a failing grade from me if you move Bulaga for a 3rd

3 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:
On 1/29/2018 at 11:38 AM, squire12 said:

Offer 14.

He is already signed this year is what he is saying

Archived