TCMD 2018 GB Packer WAR ROOM (pick 232= Riley Ferguson, QB Memphis)

squire12

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Do we have the comps in this simulation?

I'd throw one of the 5ths at him, otherwise they can keep him.

I think it will go by whatever Over the cap has projected....GB would get a 3rd and 3 picks in the 5th as comp picks.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Nice, well a 5th is as high as I'd go then. They need the cap relief, if they want more than that they can hold him.

It is going to be a game of chicken to see what can happen in these deals.  

12 minutes ago, triplejcubed3 said:

I'd concur with a 5th round pick for him. I like Barron for the Rams. They are looking for a starter in return for him Cobb for Barron ??

I don't see the attraction for Barron.   care to elaborate on what he brings for GB.

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I don't see the attraction for Barron.   care to elaborate on what he brings for GB.

My thought process behind it is instead of overpaying for morgan burnett, i see Barron as being more versatile and helping with coverage in dime and nickel packages on the TE or RB's out of the backfield instead of seeing ryan/martinez.  Ideally i see Josh Jones being very similar to Barron but just gives us some veteran prescence there. Just my 2 cents and was spit balling an idea. thanks

11 minutes ago, triplejcubed3 said:

My thought process behind it is instead of overpaying for morgan burnett, i see Barron as being more versatile and helping with coverage in dime and nickel packages on the TE or RB's out of the backfield instead of seeing ryan/martinez.  Ideally i see Josh Jones being very similar to Barron but just gives us some veteran prescence there. Just my 2 cents and was spit balling an idea. thanks

Barron has a base salary of $7M in 2018.  Not sure that really saves that much over what GB could resign Burnett for and structure it to have a smaller cap hit in 2018

On 1/29/2018 at 10:38 AM, squire12 said:

Clowney is signed for 2018 at $13.8M.   Is a FA after that.  

HOU would be looking at a top package of assets

On 1/30/2018 at 12:45 PM, ChaRisMa said:

Offer PICK 14.

HOU is looking for a good bit more than pick 14.   It is the highest pick in the 1st round they have gotten in discussions, but would need to add more to it.  I will inquire more as to how much

36 minutes ago, squire12 said:

HOU is looking for a good bit more than pick 14.   It is the highest pick in the 1st round they have gotten in discussions, but would need to add more to it.  I will inquire more as to how much

Be cool to add a stud like that, that makes us instant SB favorites. Not sure what else we'd have to offer. Only thing I could think of is 14 and Bulaga. Stud RT and a top 15 pick. Spriggs era starts at RT for us.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Be cool to add a stud like that, that makes us instant SB favorites. Not sure what else we'd have to offer. Only thing I could think of is 14 and Bulaga. Stud RT and a top 15 pick. Spriggs era starts at RT for us.

I am fine with moving Bulaga and having Spriggs take over at RT....he was drafted to take over at some point.  If Bulaga can be used to add a stud on D it would be worth it.  Helps to offset the salary from Clowney as well.    I will see what HOU says on that

Just now, squire12 said:

I am fine with moving Bulaga and having Spriggs take over at RT....he was drafted to take over at some point.  If Bulaga can be used to add a stud on D it would be worth it.  Helps to offset the salary from Clowney as well.    I will see what HOU says on that

Otherwise I don't know what else we can offer. Clowney is a stud but it doesn't make sense to make another hole to fill one. Getting rid of a 1st is steep enough, can't really afford more than that.

Some OLB/DE players OTB

OLB/DE:

Za’Darius Smith (rookie deal)

Jerry Hughes (Cap number $9M)

Dee Ford (cap number $8.7M)  KC looking for a 4th

Eli Harold (rookie deal) SF looking for late round pick

Kevin Dodd (rookie deal)

Archived