TCMD 2018 GB Packer WAR ROOM (pick 232= Riley Ferguson, QB Memphis)

squire12

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Dodd is a bust at this point and I'm not sure Zettel has any use on a team other than a pure 4-3 team. 

By all accounts, Pettine will run a multile front defense.  Zettel's ability to get pressure on the QB makes him a viable asset for GB in sub packages. 

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

By all accounts, Pettine will run a multile front defense.  Zettel's ability to get pressure on the QB makes him a viable asset for GB in sub packages. 

Yeah he's an inside rusher in sub on passing situations, where he'd rotate with Daniels, Clark and hopefully Adams. I just don't see much value there. Again I'd throw one of those 5th comps at him but I doubt that's enough.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

:)

I dont even know who Kevin Dodd is - but now, I do know that I dont have to care. Thanks for that!

He was an interesting pop-up prospect up a couple of years ago.  Was in a 34 defense despite being a pretty clear fit for a 43 only.  Unfortunately, Vrabel runs a 34 so he's miscast. Just not a real twitchy pass rusher.

BAL is inquiring about Spriggs (Looking for a RT)

Mentioned Matt Judon as a trade option from them.  

I feel Spriggs is more valuable to GB.  Judon has had some nice pass rush numbers and is on a rookie deal.

Feel free to share your thoughts.  

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

BAL is inquiring about Spriggs (Looking for a RT)

Mentioned Matt Judon as a trade option from them.  

I feel Spriggs is more valuable to GB.  Judon has had some nice pass rush numbers and is on a rookie deal.

Feel free to share your thoughts.  

Spriggs for Judon? yeah do that 

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Why blow a pick on Zettel when you could try for him in FA soon?

Ford interests me, but, like Raymond, I'd only use one of our comp 5ths on him. 

Spriggs for Judon? Ask me after the draft on that one.

Zettel is a FA in 2020, seems silly to wait 2 years to try and improve the GB pass rush.

Spriggs for Judon would need to be done before the draft.  If BAL fills their OT needs, then they likely hold onto Judon.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

What exactly is Baltimore's motivation to move Judon?

I asked about Zakaria Smith, who was on their trade block.  He is agreed to be traded already in another deal.  

BAL GM then asked about Spriggs for Judon.  They are looking for an RT.

Archived