TCMD 2018 GB Packer WAR ROOM (pick 232= Riley Ferguson, QB Memphis)

squire12

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Clowney's of the NFL don't hit FA.

So Clowney's of the NFL are available in trade?  No.  That generally means that they're being dangled out there more as an opportunistic cost than an actual desire to move him.  There's two types of players available on the trade block, and that's one type.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:
3 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

See this is why I don't love it. I don't want to give up both 14 and Bulaga. Not saying he isn't worth that, it's just hard giving up 14 when, in this scenario, he will be a FA next year and we could go after him then

Clowney's of the NFL don't hit FA.

They are looking to trade him now. If no one does, then theoretically, we could assume he hits FA. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

And that's the issue with these mock drafts.  There's no value on the future.  I mean, none at all.  If you want to go for this "all-in" mentality it makes sense.

Clowney is 25. Did the Brewers trading for Yelich mean they're all in? Trading go elite young players is not going all in to me. It realizing you're a piece away and making a sustainable, smart move to get you there.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Clowney is 25. Did the Brewers trading for Yelich mean they're all in? Trading go elite young players is not going all in to me. It realizing you're a piece away and making a sustainable, smart move to get you there.

That's not even a remotely sustainable comparison, but I'll ignore that.  Yelich got traded because he essentially was a toxic situation waiting to boil over.  I mean, they could have kept him and forced him to play out his contract, but that creates bad blood between he and the franchise.  Does Clowney make us more of a Super Bowl contender if we added him for nothing?  I think we'd all agree yes.  But the question becomes significantly murkier if you ask if it means giving up our best pick AND committing $13M or whatever his cap hit is.  That's my bigger issue.

Just now, CWood21 said:

That's not even a remotely sustainable comparison, but I'll ignore that.  Yelich got traded because he essentially was a toxic situation waiting to boil over.  I mean, they could have kept him and forced him to play out his contract, but that creates bad blood between he and the franchise.  Does Clowney make us more of a Super Bowl contender if we added him for nothing?  I think we'd all agree yes.  But the question becomes significantly murkier if you ask if it means giving up our best pick AND committing $13M or whatever his cap hit is.  That's my bigger issue.

Our #1 need is a pass rusher, so I say without question Clowney would help us more than the rookie we take at 14, pass rushers like Clowney go top 5. Special rushers don't fall in today's NFL.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Our #1 need is a pass rusher, so I say without question Clowney would help us more than the rookie we take at 14, pass rushers like Clowney go top 5. Special rushers don't fall in today's NFL.

I'm still not a believer that he's that special pass rusher you claim he is.  He's definitely not the same player that he was coming out of South Carolina.

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

What do you see in Judon that makes you want to do the trade?    Is it that you have little trust in Spriggs?

Looking for a rationale to the thought process.

more value in solid young pass rushers than bad young lineman that have never looked good personally 

5 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

give everything for clowney... bulaga + 14 + 18' 3rd rounder for clowney... 

and judon for spriggs. figure RT out later. 

no fin no

Spriggs was never going to be a day 1 starter. I trust Campen with him, but he needs time. Don't give up!

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

no fin no

Spriggs was never going to be a day 1 starter. I trust Campen with him, but he needs time. Don't give up!

... i have zero understanding why wouldn't trade a bad/"project" Spriggs & possible release candidate in bulaga along w/ a 1st and 3rd for an elite talent/immediate second best player on the team and ANOTHER young guy in Judon who'd probably be the best pass rusher on the roster last year... immediately fix the biggest problem w/ the roster besides general lack of talent.  clowney/perry/matthews/judon... i mean.. i guess yall do what you want. 

3 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

... i have zero understanding why wouldn't trade a bad/"project" Spriggs & possible release candidate in bulaga along w/ a 1st and 3rd for an elite talent/immediate second best player on the team and ANOTHER young guy in Judon who'd probably be the best pass rusher on the roster last year... immediately fix the biggest problem w/ the roster besides general lack of talent.  clowney/perry/matthews/judon... i mean.. i guess yall do what you want. 

There's absolutely no reason to trade both. We could probably get some good EDGE guys for King and Randall too but what good does making a hole to fill another do? You're obviously super low on Spriggs but a lot of us aren't.

2 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:
8 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

no fin no

Why is Spriggs a bad project? He was a RAW rookie, and was on the IR twice last year. I don't understand why we'd get rid of him so soon. 

The Bulaga one I get

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

Why is Spriggs a bad project? He was a RAW rookie, and was on the IR twice last year. I don't understand why we'd get rid of him so soon. 

The Bulaga one I get

cause he's trash, whoops. it's not really "so soon"... and it's also not even "giving up".. we're trading him for a legit young pass rusher.. lol. it's an obvious move imo. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's absolutely no reason to trade both. We could probably get some good EDGE guys for King and Randall too but what good does making a hole to fill another do? You're obviously super low on Spriggs but a lot of us aren't.

.. i mean that's way different. king and randall have looked good. spriggs has consistently been dreadful. people on here like him? do people know judon is good? i dont get it. was just peeping in to check on yall, but imma check out now. yall will lead this ship better than me. i got strong & usually wrong opinions. **** man im rhyming how bout that

Archived