TCMD 2018 GB Packer WAR ROOM (pick 232= Riley Ferguson, QB Memphis)

squire12

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

exactly... well he would be our #3 edge I think depending on the draft, but I wouldn't give up 2 more years Spriggs for him. If anything, move Bulaga for a better package.

I mean, in an ideal world you're drafting another EDGE relatively early so you've got Nick Perry, Clay Matthews, Matt Judon, and a DP.  I'd do something like a 5th round pick for him.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
5 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

exactly... well he would be our #3 edge I think depending on the draft, but I wouldn't give up 2 more years Spriggs for him. If anything, move Bulaga for a better package.

I mean, in an ideal world you're drafting another EDGE relatively early so you've got Nick Perry, Clay Matthews, Matt Judon, and a DP.  I'd do something like a 5th round pick for him.

Judon still has 2 years left before free agency. He has been pretty good from what I've seen. I'd put a value of our 4th on him, if not slightly higher

Just now, squire12 said:
10 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

do the judon trade asap 

What do you see in Judon that makes you want to do the trade?    Is it that you have little trust in Spriggs?

Looking for a rationale to the thought process.

it's finny

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:
2 minutes ago, squire12 said:
10 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

do the judon trade asap 

What do you see in Judon that makes you want to do the trade?    Is it that you have little trust in Spriggs?

Looking for a rationale to the thought process.

it's finny

I get that.  Just was hoping for some sort of thought process.   Maybe I am overselling @jfinley88;)

Just saying, if we are trading Spriggs or Bulaga, we had better be getting more back than freaking Judon. I would argue Spriggs shouldn't even be OTB right now because his value is lower than his draft pick. I know everyone wants to make splashes by trading, but Spriggs showed some promise in the second half of the season. He could work out as a starting tackle with polish (we knew he was a raw player with near-elite physicals). You don't jump ship on that after 2 seasons

Judon is a JAG. He would be a good rotational guy and we could use him, but not for that

29 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Just saying, if we are trading Spriggs or Bulaga, we had better be getting more back than freaking Judon. I would argue Spriggs shouldn't even be OTB right now because his value is lower than his draft pick. I know everyone wants to make splashes by trading, but Spriggs showed some promise in the second half of the season. He could work out as a starting tackle with polish (we knew he was a raw player with near-elite physicals). You don't jump ship on that after 2 seasons

Judon is a JAG. He would be a good rotational guy and we could use him, but not for that

Spriggs is not on our trade block.  BAL inquired about him.  I would much rather move Bulaga for salary purposes vs moving Spriggs.  

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Spriggs is not on our trade block.  BAL inquired about him.  I would much rather move Bulaga for salary purposes vs moving Spriggs.  

I got you. I just wanted to add my 2 cents on the trade and Spriggs

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

I got you. I just wanted to add my 2 cents on the trade and Spriggs

All good.   I am looking to get as many opinions as possible with this.  Trying to generate discussion and hope that this TCMD becomes bigger and more involved like FFMD used to be.  

It is hard get people involved and have some measure of privacy on various discussions.   It would be ideal if there was a way to have a thread topic private for open discussions vs having to use PM to share particulars on trades and prospects of FA and draft picks.  

15 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

just use chat sites?

I miss FFMD

that would be my vote as well (Group me, Slack, etc.), but that has not been received well.    I know there is a goal to have as much traffic and posts happen on the site, so trying to have some sort of privacy for teams to openly discuss while still having traffic to this site. 

48 minutes ago, squire12 said:

that would be my vote as well (Group me, Slack, etc.), but that has not been received well.    I know there is a goal to have as much traffic and posts happen on the site, so trying to have some sort of privacy for teams to openly discuss while still having traffic to this site. 

Would group PMs work? I know it's disabled on this site though

Yeah I wouldn't move Spriggs unless we get an offer that clearly favors us. 

Especially because I would be continuously dangling 14 and Bulaga for Clowney. We've seen how many games this postseason where a stud pass rusher has made a play to change the complexion of the game. Clowney is the stud we're missing on D. Whether that's enough to get Houston to bite on this I'm not sure, but I think it's a fair offer.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Yeah I wouldn't move Spriggs unless we get an offer that clearly favors us. 

Especially because I would be continuously dangling 14 and Bulaga for Clowney. We've seen how many games this postseason where a stud pass rusher has made a play to change the complexion of the game. Clowney is the stud we're missing on D. Whether that's enough to get Houston to bite on this I'm not sure, but I think it's a fair offer.

Didn't they move him to DL, not OLB in Houston?

Archived