TCMD 2018 GB Packer WAR ROOM (pick 232= Riley Ferguson, QB Memphis)

squire12

Thoughts on some players on the block

WR:  

AJ Green (Base Salary $10.5M)

Emmanuel Sanders (Base Salary $8.25M)  4th round pick wanted

Demaryius Thomas (Base Salary $8.5M)

JJ Nelson (Base Salary $700K)

Allen Hurns (Base Salary $6.9M)

Doug Baldwin (Base Salary $8.25M)

Hurns and Baldwin would be the wrs I'd target from that group with the Jags being more willing trade partners then the Seahawks I'd say. I don't know enough about Kareem Jackson to give an opinion to be honest. Eli apple I'd definitely take a flyer on hoping the green bay environment can get his head right again

4 hours ago, EirePacker said:

Hurns and Baldwin would be the wrs I'd target from that group with the Jags being more willing trade partners then the Seahawks I'd say. I don't know enough about Kareem Jackson to give an opinion to be honest. Eli apple I'd definitely take a flyer on hoping the green bay environment can get his head right again

What are they looking at for return ?? Hurns contract is kind of high if we don't restructure or move cobb/nelson. Alot of $$ tied up in the WR position. If we are looking at trading Rollins what about a swap for ELI Apple ??

Crappy QBs certainly cant have assisted - but one has to wonder if he's caught a bit of "Dez Disease" where he's taken so many hits he can no longer gain separation. The stats cant tell me that and I dont see enough DEN games to make a judgement.

1 hour ago, triplejcubed3 said:

What are they looking at for return ?? Hurns contract is kind of high if we don't restructure or move cobb/nelson. Alot of $$ tied up in the WR position. If we are looking at trading Rollins what about a swap for ELI Apple ??

I'm not involved in any talks that's all @squire12 and @CWood21. I'm presuming if a wr is signed or traded for then 1 of Cobb or jordy wont be here next season

8 hours ago, EirePacker said:

4 hours ago, triplejcubed3 said:

Here is a link to the trade block.

Hurns has no specific compensation listed.  I think he would come at a later round pick.

Baldwin is a much higher price, WR in return and a higher draft pick.  

Emmanuel Sanders is OTB for a 4th.  I think that would be an upgrade over Cobb or Nelson.

Have some ongoing discussions regarding trading Cobb with 2 teams.  PM if wanting specifics.  I have a google worksheet that has the info and it is easier for me to add info there on updates.

League Trade Block

I'd explore swapping Randall Cobb for Dee Ford in KC. Ford had 10 sacks and 17 hurries in 2016. Missed most of this year with injuries and is on a nice 1 year option right now. Ford would be a nice addition as a 3rd OLB as the EDGE we draft relatively early gets burn as the 4th OLB. If Ford returns to 2016 form you give him a nice deal and either cut Clay or extend him as an ILB. Cobb is probably gone after this year anyway and you can probably easily grab a slot for cheaper in FA.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd explore swapping Randall Cobb for Dee Ford in KC. Ford had 10 sacks and 17 hurries in 2016. Missed most of this year with injuries and is on a nice 1 year option right now. Ford would be a nice addition as a 3rd OLB as the EDGE we draft relatively early gets burn as the 4th OLB. If Ford returns to 2016 form you give him a nice deal and either cut Clay or extend him as an ILB. Cobb is probably gone after this year anyway and you can probably easily grab a slot for cheaper in FA.

KC does not have the cap space to add Cobb....unless the trade out of Smith is added to this Mock.  They were over by about $4M

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

We would eat Cobb's bonus in a trade. Cobb has a 8.6m base, Ford 8.7. Don't see how that would be an issue cap wise.

I thought Ford was on a smaller deal than that.   You are correct that the $ would work out well.

Ford is OTB for a mid-late round pick, so depending on how the Cobb negotiations go with other teams, it could be an option to use a pick for Ford.   Message sent to the KC GM.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

I thought Ford was on a smaller deal than that.   You are correct that the $ would work out well.

Ford is OTB for a mid-late round pick, so depending on how the Cobb negotiations go with other teams, it could be an option to use a pick for Ford.   Message sent to the KC GM.

I don't see why they wouldn't be interested. You've got Hill as a deep threat/gadget guy, Kelce as a stud TE but beyond that they could use a nice chains move for their young QB. One of those comps for Ford would also be worth looking into, but cap wise we would need to move Cobb to someone else then.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't see why they wouldn't be interested. You've got Hill as a deep threat/gadget guy, Kelce as a stud TE but beyond that they could use a nice chains move for their young QB. One of those comps for Ford would also be worth looking into, but cap wise we would need to move Cobb to someone else then.

KC not interested in Cobb.   They are looking for cap space and picks.  

Archived