TCMD War Room

Nick

Missed out on Hitchens just barely thanks to a certain someone who came in here to chime in on our free agent pursuit ¬¬

Was able to sign Jay Bromley and Davon House.

Going to continue to sign more depth players. Think we will have to address LBer in the draft, which is ok with me. I love a handful of guys at that position.  

20 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Missed out on Hitchens just barely thanks to a certain someone who came in here to chime in on our free agent pursuit ¬¬

Going to continue to sign more depth players. Think we will have to address LBer in the draft, which is ok with me. I love a handful of guys at that position.  

Did we put in a bid for Darkwa and Hurns or no? Just curious

13 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Did we put in a bid for Darkwa and Hurns or no? Just curious

I can only do 3 at a time plus a resign bid on our own UFAs. I went with Hitchens, Bromley and House. Darkwa and Hurns got paid more than I think they're worth.

Thoughts on going after Sam Bradford and Case Keenum for one of them? Both are at about 14 mil APY. Think it'd be wise to have one of them on a 2 year deal. 

I'd like to offer Albert Wilson and another depth player I haven't determined yet, maybe Upshaw?

8 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I can only do 3 at a time plus a resign bid on our own UFAs. I went with Hitchens, Bromley and House. Darkwa and Hurns got paid more than I think they're worth.

Thoughts on going after Sam Bradford and Case Keenum for one of them? Both are at about 14 mil APY. Think it'd be wise to have one of them on a 2 year deal. 

I'd like to offer Albert Wilson and another depth player I haven't determined yet, maybe Upshaw?

Gotcha... My phone doesn't upload the spreadsheet so couldn't tell.

Definitely would put an offer in for Wilson and Upshaw. Upshaw would be huge as a depth piece. He plays so many positions. DE. He kicked into DT spot every once in awhile. And he played LB at Alabama.  Would be a great depth signing.

Is Dion Lewis or Alfred Morris still available? I like Lewis. Local kid from Albany. Ran for 900 yards, great pass catcher, 27 years old, averages 4.8 yards a carry, doesn't turn over the ball, makes a great compliment to Shady and most importantly improves our team while hurting the Patriots. If price is right and he is still available he would be a nice get. If not Morris would be nice too lol.

As for Keenum and Bradford... I'd wait until they're cheaper or try for a experienced/cheaper QB later on

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Gotcha... My phone doesn't upload the spreadsheet so couldn't tell.

Definitely would put an offer in for Wilson and Upshaw. Upshaw would be huge as a depth piece. He plays so many positions. DE. He kicked into DT spot every once in awhile. And he played LB at Alabama.  Would be a great depth signing.

Is Dion Lewis or Alfred Morris still available? I like Lewis. Local kid from Albany. Ran for 900 yards, great pass catcher, 27 years old, averages 4.8 yards a carry, doesn't turn over the ball, makes a great compliment to Shady and most importantly improves our team while hurting the Patriots. If price is right and he is still available he would be a nice get. If not Morris would be nice too lol.

As for Keenum and Bradford... I'd wait until they're cheaper or try for a experienced/cheaper QB later on

I'll make an offer on Upshaw. Liked him coming out and you make a good point about his versatility. 

Running back is tough because I think you can fill that position in the draft in almost any round. But–Alfred Morris is available, however, Dion Lewis is gone (who I'd much prefer). How about Rex Burkhead? A little pricey at 2.5 mil APY but he looked pretty good. Damien Williams is also available for a younger option as is Jerick McKinnon (still expensive at 5.3 APY)

7 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I'll make an offer on Upshaw. Liked him coming out and you make a good point about his versatility. 

Running back is tough because I think you can fill that position in the draft in almost any round. But–Alfred Morris is available, however, Dion Lewis is gone (who I'd much prefer). How about Rex Burkhead? A little pricey at 2.5 mil APY but he looked pretty good. Damien Williams is also available for a younger option as is Jerick McKinnon (still expensive at 5.3 APY)

Yeah I hate our backup RBs... There are good ones in the draft but we could use the ammo to trade up. I'd hate to have a backup RB selection be the reason you can't trade up. It's always been my philosophy to fill roster in free agency and take BPA throughout draft. When you are drafting by need then you didn't put yourself in proper position to succeed in the draft. Just my general philosophy tho.

McKinnon is like 4 million dollars to much. Burkhead is a little pricey for what you get in return. Not a fan of Williams at all.

Some cheaper options that I like are Terrance West and Christine Michael. Michael is cheaper than West for similar production. And a young guy I'd be interested in is Thomas Rhawls... One cut guy like Gillislee. And he is only 24 years old. Those 3 are pretty cheap and young. And I think they would do much better in a backup role rather than a starters role which Seattle and Baltimore forced them to do.

Or we could hold off on RB and use our last offer on Brock Osweiler. Hear me out. He is a bad QB but at the price he is listed at I take him. He would give us an experienced backup QB at 790,000... Geno Smith is at 6.2 million. I'd take Osweiler at a 790,000 over Geno at 6.2 million any day of the week. I don't think your gonna find a better backup QB at that price range.

15 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

Love the Bromley signing. Adds to a very solid rotation with little drop-off...might even start one day. What happened with Korey Toomer...to who and for how much? I really wanted him at MLB and makes sense with McDermott. Serious sideline-to-sideline ability would have been an upgrade over Brown and he can cover anyone going over the middle. Would have allowed us to bump Brown out to SLB, where his coverage abilities would be less of a liability.

Also, what happened with Cadet? I liked him as a back-up to Shady and his mileage is low considering his age.

14 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yeah I hate our backup RBs... There are good ones in the draft but we could use the ammo to trade up. I'd hate to have a backup RB selection be the reason you can't trade up. It's always been my philosophy to fill roster in free agency and take BPA throughout draft. When you are drafting by need then you didn't put yourself in proper position to succeed in the draft. Just my general philosophy tho.

McKinnon is like 4 million dollars to much. Burkhead is a little pricey for what you get in return. Not a fan of Williams at all.

Some cheaper options that I like are Terrance West and Christine Michael. Michael is cheaper than West for similar production. And a young guy I'd be interested in is Thomas Rhawls... One cut guy like Gillislee. And he is only 24 years old. Those 3 are pretty cheap and young. And I think they would do much better in a backup role rather than a starters role which Seattle and Baltimore forced them to do.

Or we could hold off on RB and use our last offer on Brock Osweiler. Hear me out. He is a bad QB but at the price he is listed at I take him. He would give us an experienced backup QB at 790,000... Geno Smith is at 6.2 million. I'd take Osweiler at a 790,000 over Geno at 6.2 million any day of the week. I don't think your gonna find a better backup QB at that price range.

What?!? Not the suggestion, but the price! Where are you getting that figure? If it's accurate, that would be a textbook moneyball-like strategy and as back-ups go, you could do a lot worse.  My initial thought was to pursue Keenum, but Brock at that price or even close would free up so much money and make resigning key players a lot easier in the future. The trade-off is that I wouldn't want a rookie learning behind Osweiler. Keenum would be the better stop-gap IMO.

18 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

Lol sorry! But I swear he was always one of my targets from the last round, I wasn't trying to snake him!

8 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

What?!? Not the suggestion, but the price! Where are you getting that figure? If it's accurate, that would be a textbook moneyball-like strategy and as back-ups go, you could do a lot worse.  My initial thought was to pursue Keenum, but Brock at that price or even close would free up so much money and make resigning key players a lot easier in the future. The trade-off is that I wouldn't want a rookie learning behind Osweiler. Keenum would be the better stop-gap IMO.

It's his given APY value... They're in the spreadsheet. That's as good as it gets money wise.

Miami just moved up for Mayfield (I assume). They're now picking 7th... so it looks like going after Keenum/Bradford is looking better to me. I don't think we want Mason Rudolph/Josh Allen/Lamar Jackson starting right away, do we?

1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

Miami just moved up for Mayfield (I assume). They're now picking 7th... so it looks like going after Keenum/Bradford is looking better to me. I don't think we want Mason Rudolph/Josh Allen/Lamar Jackson starting right away, do we?

No we don't. But if we land Keenum or Bradford and Allen is there at our pick, I'd scoop him up.

20 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Love the Bromley signing. Adds to a very solid rotation with little drop-off...might even start one day. What happened with Korey Toomer...to who and for how much? I really wanted him at MLB and makes sense with McDermott. Serious sideline-to-sideline ability would have been an upgrade over Brown and he can cover anyone going over the middle. Would have allowed us to bump Brown out to SLB, where his coverage abilities would be less of a liability.

Also, what happened with Cadet? I liked him as a back-up to Shady and his mileage is low considering his age.

The Saints snagged Preston Brown. Our LBer core is looking pretty weak. I think Milano earned a starting role, and Alexander is ok at SLB, so ILB is a big need now. Tried to sign Hitchens last round but lost.

Korey Toomer is at 5.1 APY, which I think is a little high. If he's around for the next round I'll see if the money will line up.

I have a reserve bid in on Cadet, meaning if someone bids on him my offer will kick in. I'll attempt to use one of my resign bids on Cadet next round. 

Great round of bidding this go! Landed all my targets.

Albert Wilson - 4 yr deal, 27.6 mil. Only 7 mil guaranteed in case he's not a great fit, but I like what he brings.
Courtney Upshaw - 4 yr, 5.2 mil. Cheap! Great depth piece.
Travis Swanson - 2 yr, 3.05 mil. If he can stay healthy, he could be a bargain starter down the line. At worst, he's a good depth center behind Groy.
Kyle Williams - 1 yr, 3 mil. Definitely think this is less than what we'll give him should he return, happy with the value! 

Unfortunately, we lost out on Cadet, my reserve bid kicked in but it wasn't higher than what Pittsburgh offered.

26 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Great round of bidding this go! Landed all my targets.

Albert Wilson - 4 yr deal, 27.6 mil. Only 7 mil guaranteed in case he's not a great fit, but I like what he brings.
Courtney Upshaw - 4 yr, 5.2 mil. Cheap! Great depth piece.
Travis Swanson - 2 yr, 3.05 mil. If he can stay healthy, he could be a bargain starter down the line. At worst, he's a good depth center behind Groy.
Kyle Williams - 1 yr, 3 mil. Definitely think this is less than what we'll give him should he return, happy with the value! 

Unfortunately, we lost out on Cadet, my reserve bid kicked in but it wasn't higher than what Pittsburgh offered.

My bad ? As a Bills fan, had to bring a little bit of Buffalo down to Pittsburgh with me haha. I think i only beat you out for Cadet because of the second year I offered. 

Archived