Landry vs Robinson or?

Pandomonium

who should we go after for our #1 WR this offeseason  

7 members have voted

1. 1. who should be our #1 WR?

• Jarvis Landry
    • Allen Robinson
    • We don't need another WR, Our receiving corps are just fine.
    • We need a true #1 but we should draft one (put answer below and tell why)
    • We need a true #1 but we should sign someone other than the two guys you mentioned (give answer below and tell why)

On 1/28/2018 at 10:14 PM, 48 1/2ers said:

I think we should draft a receiver to potentially be our #1. It doesnt matter body type for me really as long as they are physical enough to not get AJ Jenkinsed around. Could be a round 2-4 guy, it doesnt need to be in round one to get a potential diamond. 

If we go free agency I wouldnt hate it. 

Landry is #1 for me, then I have Richardson, Robinson, and Watkins up there too. I'd be pumped to have any of them really. 

I agree, I would rather draft one from the second round on. Unless we could land Josh Gorden.We would be set with him for sure. I would prefer to grab an edge rusher and an OLman if FA.

Big no to Richardson. What discernable quality does he bring that we dont already have? If a player doesn't have the physical gifts to potentially turn into a  #1 in this offense(which I dont believe Richardson posses) then I say pass. Thats why from the beginning, I've been saying guys like Moncrief, Allen,  or Matthews, who all have the physical characteristics and athletic ability to develop into a #1 WRs in this offense, opposite a guy like Goodwin, who's still developing himself and Taylor who looks like the guy in the slot for the foreseeable future.  I think we have enough young guys who could develop into something like Bourne or Bolden, Jr to not have a need to bring in a guy like Richardson.

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Big no to Richardson. What discernable quality does he bring that we dont already have? If a player doesn't have the physical gifts to potentially turn into a  #1 in this offense(which I dont believe Richardson posses) then I say pass. Thats why from the beginning, I've been saying guys like Moncrief, Allen,  or Matthews, who all have the physical characteristics and athletic ability to develop into a #1 WRs in this offense, opposite a guy like Goodwin, who's still developing himself and Taylor who looks like the guy in the slot for the foreseeable future.  I think we have enough young guys who could develop into something like Bourne or Bolden, Jr to not have a need to bring in a guy like Richardson.

Richardson is faster than the other FA's you mentioned. Does that count as a discernible quality? He has pretty great ball skills and knows how to high point deep targets. Had his better games against Jacksonville, and knows how to get in the endzone, and he's shown up big in the playoffs. Those are the qualities I like in him. I get the skepticism but I dont get the favoritism toward Boldin and probably not Bourne either although he did impress at times. 

3 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Richardson is faster than the other FA's you mentioned. Does that count as a discernible quality? He has pretty great ball skills and knows how to high point deep targets. Had his better games against Jacksonville, and knows how to get in the endzone, and he's shown up big in the playoffs. Those are the qualities I like in him. I get the skepticism but I dont get the favoritism toward Boldin and probably not Bourne either although he did impress at times. 

two words bro...."healthy knees"

5 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Actually he and Moncreif both clocked 4.40 40 times. And considering Moncrief weighs 50 pounds more than him I'd give speed edge to him. He's a skinny, injury-proned WR that isnt quite the deep threat he's made out to be. He has the magician, Russell Wilson creating a alot of his opportunities and buying time for him to get open. He just doesn't move the needle for me.  

21 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Actually he and Moncreif both clocked 4.40 40 times. And considering Moncrief weighs 50 pounds more than him I'd give speed edge to him. He's a skinny, injury-proned WR that isnt quite the deep threat he's made out to be. He has the magician, Russell Wilson creating a alot of his opportunities and buying time for him to get open. He just doesn't move the needle for me.  

In fairness, the last two years, it's not like Moncrief has been a bastion of health. 

12 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Hey we have a lot of options to improve thats clear. Moncreif I like too so i'm not gonna spend time knocking him when it would be easy. Injuries are a fair concern but we're not talking about a broken player here with Richardson. He's missed a single game the last two years, he's got some injury history in his past but to return from that and have a prove youre a better player it's a lot different then being out with an injury an entire season leading up to signing a contract. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Not sure what that has to do with moncriefs health.

i think they were illustrating how moncrief's numbers aren't what they should be because of the lack of his QB always being hurt ....I think that what they were saying....*shrugs*

Archived