Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

While no deal has come together, Dalvin Cook says that he has been in contact with clubs this offseason. Cook said this weekend that he has been “taking calls” from clubs while he works to make sure that he’s in the right condition to make the most of any opportunity that comes his way.

Cook: “Just really focusing on myself. Getting ready for training camp, getting ready for what’s coming up next. For me, like you said, patience is the key. Right now the only thing I’m really focusing on is getting myself in tip-top shape to really tote the rock come the fall.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dalvin-cook-im-taking-calls-patience-is-the-key

12 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I wonder how Brady would've done playing in the 60's and 70's?  

He probably would have adjusted and been successful because of his football intelligence...but, he also didn't have to call plays like Fran did.  Peyton Manning probably would have been more successful than Brady because he basically did call his own offense. 

What was the worst playoff loss for any playoff team during the 1970s? What team gave you the indication that they would -- or should -- have no problem with their playoff opponent, and yet did, to the point of losing the game?

To me, the 1975 Minnesota Vikings appeared to be all set to go to their third straight Super Bowl. And despite a difficult first 58 minutes of their playoff game on December 28th of that year versus the Dallas Cowboys, the Vikings managed to secure a 14-10 lead. All they had to do was keep the Cowboys from driving 85 yards and scoring a touchdown. They could not do that, as Drew Pearson's reception of Roger Staubach's Hail Mary Pass (the first that coined the phrase) would show.

We will never know if Minnesota could have beaten the Los Angeles Rams in the 1975 NFC Championship Game. Nor do we know if the Vikings could have found a win to defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl X. What we do know, however, is that the 1975 Minnesota Vikings left pro football fans with one of the worst playoff losses in NFL history.

NFLinthe70's.com

24 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

What was the worst playoff loss for any playoff team during the 1970s? What team gave you the indication that they would -- or should -- have no problem with their playoff opponent, and yet did, to the point of losing the game?

To me, the 1975 Minnesota Vikings appeared to be all set to go to their third straight Super Bowl. And despite a difficult first 58 minutes of their playoff game on December 28th of that year versus the Dallas Cowboys, the Vikings managed to secure a 14-10 lead. All they had to do was keep the Cowboys from driving 85 yards and scoring a touchdown. They could not do that, as Drew Pearson's reception of Roger Staubach's Hail Mary Pass (the first that coined the phrase) would show.

We will never know if Minnesota could have beaten the Los Angeles Rams in the 1975 NFC Championship Game. Nor do we know if the Vikings could have found a win to defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl X. What we do know, however, is that the 1975 Minnesota Vikings left pro football fans with one of the worst playoff losses in NFL history.

NFLinthe70's.com

@#$*>"! Cowboys!!  Pearson pushed off!!!!

c-carter.jpg

Through 16 seasons in the NFL, Cris Carter managed an astounding 13,899 yards receiving (13th all-time), 1,101 receptions (6th all-time) and 130 receiving touchdowns (4th all-time) and he still holds the all-time Vikings WR records for all three categories. Along with being selected to 8 straight Pro-Bowls ('93 - '00, all for the Vikings), Carter also produced 122 receptions in a single-season twice - back to back in '94 & '95, which was an all-time Vikings record for 27 years until Justin Jefferson broke it (128).

He played with intensity and heart and was arguably the best sideline receiver ever to play the game. Cris Carter was selected to the Vikings Ring of Honor in 2003 and inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in 2013. He is forever known as not just one of the Vikings best all time WRs, but one of the greatest in NFL history.

BleedingPurple.com

• Like 2

6) ADRIAN PETERSON

Adrian Peterson’s inclusion on our list demarcates the end of the NFL’s RB-friendly era. He’s the last running back to win league MVP, doing so after returning from ACL and MCL injuries to post 2,097 rushing yards — nine yards shy of Dickerson’s single-season record — in 2012.

Peterson hit the ground running with the Minnesota Vikings in 2007. Not only did he win Offensive Rookie of the Year, but he set an NFL single-game record by rushing for 296 yards against the San Diego Chargers. Peterson surpassed 1,200 rushing yards in seven seasons, leading the NFL in rushing three times (including in his age-30 campaign).

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-nfl-running-backs-of-alll-time/

That's a fair list...although I personally would put Barry Sanders ahead of Walter Payton...but I can't make a huge fuss about it.