Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

24 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Would he be waived-IR?

I don't believe so.  I believe it just means that he'll be eligible for injury compensation and the team clears some of his cap number. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 9:45 AM, vike daddy said:

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero

Four-time Pro Bowl RB Dalvin Cook is signing with the #Cowboys, per his agency LAA. Cook was waiting for the right opportunity and always felt it was Dallas. A marquee addition in Big D.

That RB room is a retirement home

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Maybe he kicked his car after finding out he got cut and stubbed his toe.

Didn't Taylor Heineke once kick in a window or something like that to his own house because he forgot the keys, and then had to go on IR?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Didn't Taylor Heineke once kick in a window or something like that to his own house because he forgot the keys, and then had to go on IR?

yep. slashed up his ankle.

patio door.

Edited by vike daddy

Per Bruce Feldman of TheAthletic.com, Jack Del Rio is joining Wisconsin football’s staff as senior advisor to head coach, Luke Fickell.

Feldman reports Del Rio will assist both offense and defense, generally being a resource for Fickell.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jack-del-rio-joins-wisconsin-staff-as-senior-advisor-to-head-coach

17 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Yep. And that mistake likely cost him a chance at starting after Teddy’s injury, and probably cost the Vikings a 1st round pick. 

• Like 1

Dalvin Cook had career lows last year with the Jets, rushing for 214 yards and no touchdowns on 67 carries and averaging 3.2 yards per carry. The running back calls that an aberration and expects to be with the Cowboys more what he was with the Vikings in 2022.

After rehabbing from shoulder surgery in the 2023 offseason, Cook signed with the Jets to back up Breece Hall and play with Aaron Rodgers. It didn’t work out for Cook last season after Rodgers went down with a torn Achilles on the fourth play of the first game. The Jets cut Cook on Jan. 2, and he signed with the Ravens. He ran for 23 yards on eight carries in the divisional round game against the Texans.

Cook: “I got it. It’s right here."

“I don’t really want to speak on the situation, but when Aaron went down on play four, everything was just a little bit different. There wasn’t any emergency plan. Aaron went down, and it was just kind of like, ‘What do we do?’ That’s just what it was. When I got to Baltimore, I was ready to go. I was ready to get the ball however many times they needed me to. Unfortunately, I didn’t get it that much.”

“My résumé speaks for itself to be honest. But I just had a son [Dalvin Jr.]. He turned 1 a week ago. I have everything to prove to him, to be honest. I owe the world to him. Every day I put on my pads, every day I wake up, that’s my why.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dalvin-cook-insists-he-still-has-it-and-is-ready-to-prove-it

• Like 1

Former Vikings coach Mike Zimmer is back in the NFL, as defensive coordinator of the Cowboys. Instead of looking forward, he spent some time recently looking backward, in an interview with Mark Craig of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Fired after eight seasons and a 74-59-1 record (postseason included), Zimmer was asked a question by ownership when he learned he was out.

Zimmer: “They asked me if I wanted to address the team. And I said, ‘Hell, no, they got me fired. I can tell you I’ve not watched one Minnesota game since."

"Unfortunately, I hold grudges. That’s just how I am.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/did-mike-zimmer-address-vikings-on-his-way-out-hell-no-they-got-me-fired

Mike Zimmer says in this interview that he wasn’t around for most of day two during the 2021 NFL Draft. Why not? Because, as previously reported, he did not like or want anything to do with QB Kellen Mond.

So, when Rick Spielman took the Texas A&M senior with the Vikings’ 66th overall pick that April, Mike got up out of his seat in the Vikings war room and left TCO Performance Center. With four third-round picks, Spielman selected, in order, quarterback Kellen Mond, linebacker Chazz Surratt, offensive lineman Wyatt Davis and defensive end Patrick Jones II. Zimmer was there for only the first pick.

Zimmer: “The first round, Rick tried to trade up for Justin Fields, who hasn’t done anything. When he picked Mond, I walked out of the room. I left the building. I didn’t even talk to him on the phone.  [When the two spoke the next morning,]  Rick said, ‘You mad at me?’ I said, ‘Yeah, I think you took four backups when we had guys there I thought were starters.' From that time on, it just kind of got worse between us.”

"And I’m not saying nothing was my fault. I’m sure there were plenty of things that were my fault."

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/minnesota-vikings-news-mike-zimmer-tells-all-boyd-spielman-cousins-mond/

Edited by vike daddy

Some of the negative player reactions after his firing hardly registered for Zimmer. 

Zimmer: “Kris Boyd? He says something about me? I’m like, ‘Dude, you had more special teams penalties than anyone I can remember.’ ”

Star Tribune