This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I don’t know about the process an turnover rate of college football teams, so I can’t speak to that. I don’t know.

All I know is that if you can build and maintain a defense in this league like the one Harbaugh built and maintained, as well as the offense he had with the lack of talent he had there, and the mentality he imbues…

You will have success.

If his GM works well with him…

I mean, people here act like the Vikings don’t have talent. They are loaded with talent at all the skills, and they’ve got some pretty decent pieces on defense.

Harbaugh will have them winning 10-12 games per year starting year one, and they will be legitimate contenders for a Super Bowl win starting in year three. 

The Vikings don't have a single player on defense I would trade Clark, Gary, Alexander for. Kendricks is probably their best player and he's getting up there. That defense is void of talent.

Harbaugh inherited that defense. Didn't build it. He replaced a grown man that pulled his pants down in the locker room at halftime. Not shocked his team had no interest in playing for him.

Your take here is puzzling. Harbaugh is a mediocre coach who benefited from a great defense he inherited, and an offensive coordinator (the same one who's built Lamar Jackson) that thrives around an offense the NFL had never seen.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Vikings don't have a single player on defense I would trade Clark, Gary, Alexander for. Kendricks is probably their best player and he's getting up there. That defense is void of talent.

Harbaugh inherited that defense. Didn't build it. He replaced a grown man that pulled his pants down in the locker room at halftime. Not shocked his team had no interest in playing for him.

Your take here is puzzling. Harbaugh is a mediocre coach who benefited from a great defense he inherited, and an offensive coordinator (the same one who's built Lamar Jackson) that thrives around an offense the NFL had never seen.

I think you’re wrong.

13 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Harbaugh didn't build anything. And he was hated by his players. S.F. dumped him. 

Which players hated him, and who led that?

I don’t remember what the timing was like, but did Kaepernick outlast Harbaugh?

Because if Kaepernick was a possible reason for this alleged hatred towards Harbaugh from the players…

I find it funny that I was the only one who was right about the Bears trading for Mack and none of you could be convinced it was a bad move, but now a legitimate move for a coach who has NFL experience and who turned a team that missed the playoffs the previous 9 seasons into a near Super Bowl berth in his first year is somehow a terrible hire.

I told you all so about Mack and I’m telling you all again now, if the Vikings get Harbaugh, they will win a Super Bowl within 5 years.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I find it funny that I was the only one who was right about the Bears trading for Mack and none of you could be convinced it was a bad move, but now a legitimate move for a coach who has NFL experience and who turned a team that missed the playoffs the previous 9 seasons into a near Super Bowl berth in his first year is somehow a terrible hire.

I told you all so about Mack and I’m telling you all again now, if the Vikings get Harbaugh, they will win a Super Bowl within 5 years.

First of all, you weren't the only one who questioned the Mack trade. Second of all, that schtick is tired. Like wayyy tired

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

First of all, you weren't the only one who questioned the Mack trade. Second of all, that schtick is tired. Like wayyy tired

Don’t care, I was right, and it’s a fact.

The Schtick of me being right on things over and over again only for everyone to act like I’m on some batting average of being wrong 99% of the time is tired.

I was right about Rodgers. We LITERALLY had the same or better odds of winning the Super Bowl without him over the past 6 seasons. Re-signing him to that contract was a mistake.

Mack, Cousins, I was right about both of those.

I’ve been right on quarterbacks paid above 12% of the cap being right literally every single year there has been a salary cap and a Super Bowl.

It’s possible I’m wrong, it’s possible I’m right, but to sit there and say it’s old when it’s true is old.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Don’t care, I was right, and it’s a fact.

The Schtick of me being right on things over and over again only for everyone to act like I’m on some batting average of being wrong 99% of the time is tired.

I was right about Rodgers. We LITERALLY had the same or better odds of winning the Super Bowl without him over the past 6 seasons. Re-signing him to that contract was a mistake.

Mack, Cousins, I was right about both of those.

I’ve been right on quarterbacks paid above 12% of the cap being right literally every single year there has been a salary cap and a Super Bowl.

It’s possible I’m wrong, it’s possible I’m right, but to sit there and say it’s old when it’s true is old.

Funny, you'd think that someone who is right so often wouldn't disappear during the actual football season.

I picked the Giants to upset the Packers in 2011. I was the only one in the universe. So you must listen and agree with me whenever I predict games.

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Literally everyone said the Mack trade was stupid for the Bears because they were no where close to title contention.

The Rams gave up the same for Ramsey, was that a bad move??

Also, this notion that players hated him, etc.

It’s baloney.

It’s baloney as far as it has an effect. It’s quite possible they did hate him, but that comes from a player and it trickles to other players.

Rodgers hated McCarthy. McCarthy got another chance once everything about Rodgers came out.

If legitimate players hated Harbaugh, he wouldn’t be a highly sought head coach. The truth came out, and he probably had a mutiny from a player that time proved to be a whining diva.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Funny, you'd think that someone who is right so often wouldn't disappear during the actual football season.

I picked the Giants to upset the Packers in 2011. I was the only one in the universe. So you must listen and agree with me whenever I predict games.

Dude, enough.

Disagree with me I don’t care. The cheap shots from you and Ray over me not watching a regular season are the most childish I can imagine and have no bearing on football discussion when it comes to macro moves.

Is your dad’s boat bigger than my dad’s boat, too I’ll bet?

Do you even know how you sound?

I get you don’t like me, and I’m sorry, but I’m not going to have a conversation with people who pull that junk.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Literally everyone said the Mack trade was stupid for the Bears because they were no where close to title contention.

The Rams gave up the same for Ramsey, was that a bad move??

You literally were the most vocal in arguing that the Mack trade was a good move.

Edited by Outpost31

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

You literally were the most vocal in arguing that the Mack trade was a good move.

Do you want to bump the Mack thread?

I said a deal for Mack would've been a good move for us. It wasn't for the Bears. That was an all-in move for a team that had no QB.

I stand by that if you have a franchise QB, whenever you have a chance to add an All Pro EDGE, CB or OT, you explore pulling the trigger.

• Like 1