Trade Block Candidates

Scout

6 hours ago, August4th said:

I can see the steelers dealing Bryant

I dont see it unless its a nice player for player trade that helps us immediately.

Like, I wouldnt mind seeing us use him in a potential deal for Earl Thomas (if they were open to trading him).    Or maybe to the Panthers for Shaq Thompson.

Neither of those will happen, but its just an example.

2 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I have one that some niner fans might not agree with but Trent Brown OT. He was really good the early part of last year but faded to average play (more penalties than bad play) until he got hurt but some teams might view him as an elite-really good tackle but I question a little if Shanny's scheme is the best fit for him and he's heading into a contract year and if we havent locked him up now to some type of deal I wonder if we plan to at all. He was a player the current regime inherited and we've already seen with quite a few guys (Bowman, Robinson, Kerley, Brock, Dial, Brooks) they aren't afraid to move on from players even when they prove the belong in the NFL and can play at a high level. Scheme determines everything

Better get a really nice return on him if they do. He's a borderline top ten RT on a 7th round deal, and we have replacement. Not sure why they would create a hole they don't have to, but if they don't think he's a fit, I get it, but it shouldn't be cheap. At worst, you keep him, draft his replacement, let him walk and get the 3/4 comp pick the following year.

Also, we haven't locked him up to a deal because we couldn't. Can't do an extension until the start of the new year. He wasn't eligible

3 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I have one that some niner fans might not agree with but Trent Brown OT. He was really good the early part of last year but faded to average play (more penalties than bad play) until he got hurt but some teams might view him as an elite-really good tackle but I question a little if Shanny's scheme is the best fit for him and he's heading into a contract year and if we havent locked him up now to some type of deal I wonder if we plan to at all. He was a player the current regime inherited and we've already seen with quite a few guys (Bowman, Robinson, Kerley, Brock, Dial, Brooks) they aren't afraid to move on from players even when they prove the belong in the NFL and can play at a high level. Scheme determines everything

I doubt it unless we get offered a first which I doubt. If anything if we don't resign him we should get a decent comp back. But John Lynch already called Joe Staley and Trent brown cornerstones.

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Better get a really nice return on him if they do. He's a borderline top ten RT on a 7th round deal, and we have replacement. Not sure why they would create a hole they don't have to, but if they don't think he's a fit, I get it, but it shouldn't be cheap. At worst, you keep him, draft his replacement, let him walk and get the 3/4 comp pick the following year.

Also, we haven't locked him up to a deal because we couldn't. Can't do an extension until the start of the new year. He wasn't eligible

Ahh, see I was mistaken, I thought he was eligible once the season ended or even a little before. 

7 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I doubt it unless we get offered a first which I doubt. If anything if we don't resign him we should get a decent comp back. But John Lynch already called Joe Staley and Trent brown cornerstones.

But absolutely the return would have to be much better than that late 3rd round comp (or late 4th) and I think it can be. As bad as our Oline was, it was serviceable with freaking Zane Beadles in the span when Jimmy took over. It's a bit of a leap to say he's going to be traded but there are some slight rumblings 

Brown has had weight/conditioning/motivation issues in the past. The team naturally might be nervous about giving him a big payday. Seeing how he deals with and overcomes a significant injury, one that will keep him out of the gym for a while, should be telling. -per Barrows

If a team like Houston wanted to trade a 2nd for him i'd bite especially if his long term future in SF is in question. 

Archived