Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

On 8/10/2017 at 7:35 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know i asked in the other thread, but do you have any advice for an auction league? I've done some before but been a long time

How do you really set $ amounts for each guy. I feel like if you overvalue them early you screw yourself come draft day

Would consider looking at Fantasy Pros' auction values.

My strategy in auctions is usually to accumulate 3 stars and fill in my team around them with $1 specials.

On 8/11/2017 at 3:37 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Okay so with the suspension of Zeke, all of a sudden my #3 pick in a non-ppt 10 team league is pretty crappy. I have an offer to completely switch from #3 to #9 and all picks thereafter as well so i'd have 9 and 12 instead of 3 and 18. Seems like an obvious move now right? Especially since i don't think Antonio Brown is so close to 3 other WRs. 

Hmm, I think I'd probably ask for more than just a pure switch since that guy clearly wants to move up to 3.  If you stay, take Brown and feel good.  If you move, you're still in okay position, but you probably lose out on one of the elite WRs.  However, you could maybe end up with like a Jordy-Gordon combo or something similar.

On 8/11/2017 at 5:30 PM, G-McDog said:

I have Elliott as a 3rd round keeper. I still have time to change it. Should I stick with it or go elsewhere. The only real other option is Matt Ryan with a 15 round allocation!! I'm not convinced Elliot will still be there when I pick!!

Hang onto Elliott in the 3rd.

On 8/11/2017 at 6:49 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

My RBs- CJ Anderson, Doug Martin (suspended first 4 weeks), Ryan Mathews

My WRs- Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Alshon Jeffery

My TEs- Zach Ertz, Jason Witten

Got offered Ezekiel Elliott and Jimmy Graham for Julio and Witten? What do you guys think... Losing my most reliable option and an almost guaranteed top 10 fantasy player for a slight upgrade at TE and a huge upgrade at RB (for 6 regular season games, 3 potential playoff games). I still have a great pair in Hopkins and Jeffery though. My plan all along since the draft was to move Hopkins or Jeffery for a RB, but now this has popped up and I don't know... if I can win 3 before EE comes back I'd be in great shape. Plus he might appeal and get it reduced. I'm leaning towards doing it. 

Absolutely zero percent chance I would accept this.

4 hours ago, keysersoze3421 said:

Hang onto Elliott in the 3rd.

I think I may know your answer Key or SoS, But what are your thoughts on taking Zeke in the 3rd if hes still on the board? 10 man PPR redraft league. When do you think we will get your Qb and TE rankings Key? thanks as always good sir! love this thread on stoked I made it over to the new website!

Nevermind! I went to your WR tiers page and saw that you're posting one of the 2 today.

On 8/12/2017 at 9:43 AM, Dolmonite26 said:

2QB league with 4 keepers I'm trying to decide on.  We pay a round higher than where the player was drafted, with waiver pickups costing are lowest available pick.  

The players I've narrowed it down to are:

Cooper (3rd or 4th to keep)

Hilton (3rd or 4th to keep)

Ware (16th)

Prosise (16th)

Dalton (5th)

There's also guys like Lockett (10th), Dion Lewis (16th) and Malcolm Mitchell (16th) but I'm pretty meh on all of them.

Both Cooper and Hilton were 5th rounders so that's why they're listed as "3rd or 4th" because I would have to choose which round I'd want to pay for them.  Advice here would be appreciated, but I'm thinking Cooper for a 4th and Hilton for a 3rd.

You can keep 4 of these guys?  I would keep Cooper, Hilton, Ware, and Prosise.  It looks like Dalton's ADP is mid-6th in a 2 QB league, so you're not getting a huge bargain there.

On 8/12/2017 at 0:54 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm in a PPR keeper league (1RB, 2WR and 2 Flex).  I'm keeping Gurley, Howard and Julio Jones.  I also have the 3rd and 4th overall pick in this years draft.  I'm pretty sure that Fournett and McCafrey are going 1 and 2.  My question is who should I take with those 2 picks.  Right now my leading candidates are D. Cook, Cooper or Mixon.  I would like to take 2 of the backs but 1 will be on my bench so I am leaning towards Cooper and a back.  Thoughts?

Amari Cooper?  Definitely him.  I would take Mixon as my other guy.  In a start-1RB league, I'm less interested in having both Cook and Mixon.  

On 8/12/2017 at 0:55 PM, kempus said:

For sure. Which of the rookie running backs do you think will have the best long term impact and potential? Mixon, Cook or McCaffery? I'm guessing Fournette will be gone before I'm on the clock.

For me it's Mixon because of his receiving ability.  McCaffrey is a great receiver, but it's possible that he could turn into a slot guy at some point.  Cook is a solid pass catcher, but I don't think he's the best of both worlds like Mixon, who reminds me of Bell and Forte out of the backfield.

On 8/12/2017 at 5:47 PM, sammymvpknight said:

0.5 PPR league. I get to keep four players (one must be a rookie from the prior year). You pay the round the player was drafted the prior year to keep the player.

Here are my options:
D. Henry (Rnd 12)
H. Henry (Rnd 19)

Crowell (Rnd 11)
Benjamin (Rnd 18)
Ware (Rnd 19)
Montgomery (Rnd 19)
Rawls (Rnd 19) 

If I keep more than one player of the same round, I pay that round and the prior round.
As a side note, I can only keep Benjamin and Rawls one more time because I kept them last year. The other players I can keep up to two years.

Easy for me: Montgomery, Ware, Crowell, and D. Henry.  You could just roll with those four as your RBs and load up on QB, TE, and WR early.

So just had our draft the other day and looking for feedback on my team.  This is 12 team, start:  2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX, DEF, K draft.  0.5 PPR and 3 points bonus for: 300 yrs passing, 100 yrs rushing/receiving.

I picked from the 7 spot

RD 1: Julio Jones WR.  

RD 2: Jordan Howard RB

RD3: Gronk TE

RD 4: Marcus Mariota QB

RD 5: CJ Anderson RB

RD 6: Jameis Winston QB

RD 7: Martavius Bryant WR

RD 8: Bilial Powell RB

RD 9: Stefon Diggs WR

RD 10: Matt Forte RB

RD 11:Jeremy Maclin WR

RD 12: Jamaal Charles RB

RD 13: Alex Smith WB

RD 14: Joe Williams RB

RD 15: Pittsburgh Def

Team:

QB Marcus Mariota

QB: Jameis Winston

RB: Jordan Howard

RB: CJ Anderson

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Martavius Bryant

Flex: Bilial Powell (may be S. Diggs)

Def: Pit (great early season games, but plan on streaming later)

K: TBD

Bench:

QB: Alex Smith

RB: Matt Forte, Jamaal Charles, Joe Williams

WR: Stefon Diggs, Jeremy Maclin

Brief thoughts:  This went counter to all of my previous plans.  I intended to start RB/RB, but Julio was a huge surprise gift.  This caused me to panic in the 2nd by forcing a RB that I don't love in a PPR format in J. Howard.  Still, I don't hate Howard, I'm just worried about a Gurley like regression (though I actually like Gurley this year).  In the 3rd, I couldn't pass up Gronk that late, though I fully planned on being one of the last TE drafters this year (was going to target Ertz in like the 10th).  I like CJ more than most people this year with the under the radar improvements to the line and Booker's injury, though I chose to prioritize taking Charles later.  I got both my targeted QBs, though I had originally planned to take Winston in the 5th.  I was thrilled to see him there a round later.  Big fan of Bryant this year and in a PPR: Powell, Diggs and  Maclin were great depth in my opinion.  In fact, I LOVE Powell on that garbage Jets offense.  He's likely their #1 receiving threat this year.  Felt dirty about Forte though... 

Not at all what I anticipated happening, but all in all, I am very happy with my team.  Love my QBs, TE and WRs.  Not thrilled about my RBs, but think a rotation of Howard, CJ and Powell will serve me well, so don't hate it...

Thoughts?

On 8/12/2017 at 7:05 PM, skywindO2 said:

No real question here but went to a fantasy football convention thing and got invited on stage to participate in the mock draft portion of it, out of 12. Most of the people were local sports broadcaster personalities but some of the more notable participants were Mike Golic and his son. Wasn't a typical draft since we were given just enough rounds to fill out a roster consisting of 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 Flex. I picked 12th in the snake. How'd I do?

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB1: Melvin Gordon
RB2: Ty Montgomery
WR1: AJ Green
WR2: Deandre Hopkins
WR3: Allen Robinson
TE: Zach Ertz
Flex: Michael Crabtree

Not bad.  I think you have a couple of wild cards at WR2 and 3, but Crabtree balances out that risk, and I'd be on one of Robinson and Hopkins hitting.  I like this roster a lot of it's PPR, less so if standard.

On 8/12/2017 at 8:25 PM, Counselor said:

So I am in a keeper league where you keep one player drafted in rounds 1-8 and 1 from 9-16. You lose the pick in the round in which you took the player the previous year. 8 team family league. PPR.

I can keep Leveon Bell but give up my first which is 6th overall. Or keep Melvin Gordon and lose my 6th round pick.

which do you recommend?

also Derrick Henry and lose round 11 pick or Jameis Winston and lose round 12 pick. I'm leaning towards Winston.

Thanks 

I would take Gordon and Henry.

I know it's very tempting to take Ball, but the 5-round discount on Gordon is too hard for me to ignore.  My philosophy here is that Bell + 6th rounder << Gordon + 1st rounder, especially in an 8-team league, where you could get an elite receiver.

Winston seems like good value, but I wouldn't draft a QB in an 8-team league until close to the last round.

Archived