Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

30 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I don't believe in taking a QB early like that. I'd aim for WR - WR usually in that spot. 

I'm not sure the value for WRs will be that great at the 24 and 25 spots. How about trading down? Reccomended or not?

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

And sammy couldn't stay healthy. Not sure picking Mccoy at 3 is better than getting someone like Nelson and Gordon/Howard/Murray

Well... considering McCoy has outscored Jordy and every other WR for the past 3 seasons by an average of 3.3 fantasy points per week, yeah... he actually is better in standard leagues.

Look, I'm a massive Jordy backer for fantasy, but I wouldn't take him over any of the top 4 RB's (save for maybe Zeke now with the suspension).  It's a standard league which means your players are considerably more TD-dependent in order to deliver the kind of consistent Top 10 positional performances week to week that you expect if you're investing a Top 3 pick.  While the top tier WR might give you a similar average in number of TD's on the season, guys like Shady have been far more proven to deliver the week-to-week consistency in TD's while giving you that average.

6 hours ago, The LBC said:

Does your league raise keeper costs annually or do they remain the same for the career of the player (or until they're dropped)?  it's a 6-game suspension, it sucks, but it does have an end date (and that assumes he even serves the suspension this season... which isn't definite at this point) - whereas a 3rd round cost for a Top 3 RB with Top 1 RB upside (as long as that OL stays intact) has value beyond just this season.  it's a 10-team league, you can keep him and realistically still draft accordingly.  Chances are in a 10-team league guys that will be productive starters like Terrance West are going to get undervalued and you'll be able to get a starter in the 8th round or later.

If it were me, I'd hold on to him at that cost and just adjust my draft strategy to overpower yourself at WR - that way, worst case scenario you've got tons of options to flex WR and start only two RB's for 6 weeks (assuming he serves the suspension this season).  Slightly better case, people are going to see that suspension for Zeke and try to "hose you" by drafting RB's before you can get them, but they'll forego strength at WR by doing that, so you've got common ground to find a trade.

I'd also say, keep an eye on who in your league has/drafts Doug Martin and maybe consider trying to snag Jacquizz Rodgers a little ahead of ADP (relative to where ADP and that guy's pick intersect), because between Quizz and maybe an Alfred Morris (I'd want him over McFadden for the TD/goal-line value in a standard league) you should be able to comfortable ride out a Zeke suspension.

That is very helpful. 10 league team and you keep at the same cost. So 3rd rounder next year. I think I'll be keeping Zeke and target Quizz to get me through. Hopefully I shouldn't be too far behind to make a dash for the line. Once I'm in the playoffs who knows!!

1 minute ago, G-McDog said:

That is very helpful. 10 league team and you keep at the same cost. So 3rd rounder next year. I think I'll be keeping Zeke and target Quizz to get me through. Hopefully I shouldn't be too far behind to make a dash for the line. Once I'm in the playoffs who knows!!

I mean, I look at it this way - if you're out of playoffs and Zeke fights the suspension and ends up pulling a Brady - where more than likely he'd still end up serving the suspension, just an alleviated version and in the 2018 season versus this one - you've got the option of shopping him around to a playoff team and seeing if you can't get a +++ return (lots of things can happen, but I've had a similar situation where someone in one of my league's had dropped Julio when he did his ACL, someone else picked him up for $5 and stashed him on the IR, but that guy made the playoffs where I didn't and ended up needing the roster space, so I traded him my RB1 that I paid out the nose for in auction for Julio as a $5 keeper moving forward).

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

Well... considering McCoy has outscored Jordy and every other WR for the past 3 seasons by an average of 3.3 fantasy points per week, yeah... he actually is better in standard leagues.

Look, I'm a massive Jordy backer for fantasy, but I wouldn't take him over any of the top 4 RB's (save for maybe Zeke now with the suspension).  It's a standard league which means your players are considerably more TD-dependent in order to deliver the kind of consistent Top 10 positional performances week to week that you expect if you're investing a Top 3 pick.  While the top tier WR might give you a similar average in number of TD's on the season, guys like Shady have been far more proven to deliver the week-to-week consistency in TD's while giving you that average.

Yea i mean i would never take Jordy at 3 but to take Mccoy just seems like lost value idk. Moving back guarantees me a top-tier WR and a 2nd tier RB or 2 top tier WRs. Mccoy is 29, had a ton of miles just wonder if eventually he breaks down. 3 is crappy to me the way i thought 4 was before the Zeke suspension 

Edit when I mentioned Jordy and the RBs i meant that I'd be trading back to 9 for them essesentially passing on mccoy at 3

2QB league with 4 keepers I'm trying to decide on.  We pay a round higher than where the player was drafted, with waiver pickups costing are lowest available pick.  

The players I've narrowed it down to are:

Cooper (3rd or 4th to keep)

Hilton (3rd or 4th to keep)

Ware (16th)

Prosise (16th)

Dalton (5th)

There's also guys like Lockett (10th), Dion Lewis (16th) and Malcolm Mitchell (16th) but I'm pretty meh on all of them.

Both Cooper and Hilton were 5th rounders so that's why they're listed as "3rd or 4th" because I would have to choose which round I'd want to pay for them.  Advice here would be appreciated, but I'm thinking Cooper for a 4th and Hilton for a 3rd.

Archived