Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

1 minute ago, kempus said:

For sure. Which of the rookie running backs do you think will have the best long term impact and potential? Mixon, Cook or McCaffery? I'm guessing Fournette will be gone before I'm on the clock.

OTC when? Round 2? I think Mixon and Mccaffrey are really close. If ppr I'd give a slight edge to Mccaffrey. Although taking them that soon is a reach imo

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If a back would be on your bench it would be silly to draft 2. Cooper is overvalued in standard leagues but better in ppr imo. I prefer Mixon over Cook but likely you wont have to make that decision 

It is a PPR league so I am leaning towards Cooper and 1 of the backs.  I am a Raider fan and a bit skeptical of Cooper as an elite 1 but he is young and has upside potential.  Why do you say I won't have to make that decision?  It will boil down to Cook or Mixon if Fournett and McCaffrey are gone.

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It is a PPR league so I am leaning towards Cooper and 1 of the backs.  I am a Raider fan and a bit skeptical of Cooper as an elite 1 but he is young and has upside potential.  Why do you say I won't have to make that decision?  It will boil down to Cook or Mixon if Fournett and McCaffrey are gone.

Sorry, thought you had 4&5 not 3&4. How many players are kept? If Cooper is available I'm wondering if the rookies are even BPA at RB

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Sorry, thought you had 4&5 not 3&4. How many players are kept? If Cooper is available I'm wondering if the rookies are even BPA at RB

3 players are kept.  I am not completely sold on Howard as a keeper either.  Gurley and Jones I feel will be my keepers for years, I know that Gurley had a down year last year but I expect him to bounce back this season in a big way.  I want to take one of the rookie backs if not both with 3 and 4.  The better one can be my flex and they are potential trade bait after the year although it would be foolish to have a player on my bench to start the season when a potential young stud WR like Cooper could be in my lineup all year.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

3 players are kept.  I am not completely sold on Howard as a keeper either.  Gurley and Jones I feel will be my keepers for years, I know that Gurley had a down year last year but I expect him to bounce back this season in a big way.  I want to take one of the rookie backs if not both with 3 and 4.  The better one can be my flex and they are potential trade bait after the year although it would be foolish to have a player on my bench to start the season when a potential young stud WR like Cooper could be in my lineup all year.  

Can you keep Howard? Or you arent sure if he is going to be kept? Draft him if you can

I'm keeping Howard, Gurley and Jones and then have the 3rd and 4th overall picks in the 1st.  I'm just not sold on Howard as a long term stud keeper.  My dilemma is that I will have to choose 2 of the 3 between Cooper, Cook and Mixon with my 2 first round picks.  

Would anyone mid weighing in on my draft today? I had the 11th pick in a 12 team league, No PPR, 6 point passing TD. $400 is on the line!

QB Winston (R8)

RB Ajayi (R2)

RB Mixon (R4)

WR Evans (R1)

WR Pryor (R3)

TE Graham (R5)

W/R Gillislee (R6)

K Prater (R14)

DEF Jacksonville (R15)

Bench:

QB Mariota (R12)

RB McFadden (R9)

RB Rawls (R11)

WR Snead (R7)

WR Z Jones (R13)

TE Henry (R10)

I feel lucky Evans fell to me at 11, no RBs caught my eye there. I wasn't crazy about Ajayi but in the 2nd I didn't like anyone else aside from some WRs, but I felt the depth later was good. Pryor could be hit or miss, I'm hoping he just matches what he did last year with about 1,000 yards and 5-6 TDs. He's got a better QB but more teammates to contend with for targets. I took a stab at Mixon banking on him taking over as starter in the first few weeks. It felt a little early to take Graham but at the time no RB/WR seemed worthy. I hate hate hate owning a Patriots RB but Gillislee in round 6 seemed too good to pass up. I took Snead at 7 hoping he pans out to about 1,000 yards with Cooks gone. I normally don't look for QBs till round 10 or so, but I feel really good about Winston this year and, with 3 RB and 3 WR already, he seemed like the BPA at the time. McFadden at 9 may have been a reach, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Hunter Henry was sort of a stupid pick in hindsight. I saw him there and jumped to put his name on the board before I realized our league has a W/R flex, not a W/R/T, so he may only start on Graham's bye week unless he is on fire. Rawls at 11 was a hail mary hoping for Lacy to be his usual fat self. I felt set at QB but with Mariota there at 12 I figured I had to take him. He is ranked pretty highly by some sites and could have a huge year. He was the best on the board regardless of position. Zay Jones at 13 was sort of a "meh" pick for me. I actually wanted Jamaal Williams (somehow he was overlooked by everyone and is actually a FA as of now), but I already had Ajayi, Mixon, Gillislee, McFadden, and Rawls, and 2 of my 3 WRs shared an early bye. 

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm keeping Howard, Gurley and Jones and then have the 3rd and 4th overall picks in the 1st.  I'm just not sold on Howard as a long term stud keeper.  My dilemma is that I will have to choose 2 of the 3 between Cooper, Cook and Mixon with my 2 first round picks.  

Who are the other top guys available? Seems like you know who isnt being kept. Cooper for sure, although I'm curious of the other guys available 

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Who are the other top guys available? Seems like you know who isnt being kept. Cooper for sure, although I'm curious of the other guys available 

Roster cut downs are today so players are slowly trickling in.  It looks like Michael Thomas has been cut too so now he is in the mix.  I am thinking about keeping Cooper over Thomas because Cooper will have Carr throwing to him for the next decade and Brees will retire in 2 or so years and Thomas value will take a major hit without Brees 

0.5 PPR league. I get to keep four players (one must be a rookie from the prior year). You pay the round the player was drafted the prior year to keep the player.

Here are my options:
D. Henry (Rnd 12)
H. Henry (Rnd 19)

Crowell (Rnd 11)
Benjamin (Rnd 18)
Ware (Rnd 19)
Montgomery (Rnd 19)
Rawls (Rnd 19) 

If I keep more than one player of the same round, I pay that round and the prior round.
As a side note, I can only keep Benjamin and Rawls one more time because I kept them last year. The other players I can keep up to two years.

2QB league with 4 keepers I'm trying to decide on.  We pay a round higher than where the player was drafted, with waiver pickups costing are lowest available pick.  

The players I've narrowed it down to are:

Cooper (3rd or 4th to keep)

Hilton (3rd or 4th to keep)

Ware (16th)

Prosise (16th)

Dalton (5th)

There's also guys like Lockett (10th), Dion Lewis (16th) and Malcolm Mitchell (16th) but I'm pretty meh on all of them.

Both Cooper and Hilton were 5th rounders so that's why they're listed as "3rd or 4th" because I would have to choose which round I'd want to pay for them.  Advice here would be appreciated, but I'm thinking Cooper for a 4th and Hilton for a 3rd.

No real question here but went to a fantasy football convention thing and got invited on stage to participate in the mock draft portion of it, out of 12. Most of the people were local sports broadcaster personalities but some of the more notable participants were Mike Golic and his son. Wasn't a typical draft since we were given just enough rounds to fill out a roster consisting of 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 Flex. I picked 12th in the snake. How'd I do?

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB1: Melvin Gordon
RB2: Ty Montgomery
WR1: AJ Green
WR2: Deandre Hopkins
WR3: Allen Robinson
TE: Zach Ertz
Flex: Michael Crabtree

So I am in a keeper league where you keep one player drafted in rounds 1-8 and 1 from 9-16. You lose the pick in the round in which you took the player the previous year. 8 team family league. PPR.

I can keep Leveon Bell but give up my first which is 6th overall. Or keep Melvin Gordon and lose my 6th round pick.

which do you recommend?

also Derrick Henry and lose round 11 pick or Jameis Winston and lose round 12 pick. I'm leaning towards Winston.

Thanks 

Archived