Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

16 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Here is the latest on that situation.  I have the 3rd and 4th pick in the first round, all keepers are in.  I am assuming Fournett and McCafrey are going 1 and 2.  I kept Julio, Gurley and Howard and have 1 WR and 1 Flex spot to fill.  My choices to fill in those positions are Michael Thomas, A. Cooper, D. Murray, Mixon and Cook.  

I feel like I could go Thomas and Cooper but I have a feeling Mixon is going to be a stud who will be a first round pick next year.  If I dont get him now I never will.  Also I am not sold on Howard as being a stud nor am I sold on Cooper.  I am a huge raider fan but Cooper is not Megatron.  He is a great possession WR but he doesn't have it in the Red Zone and is not strong with press coverage or preforming well in tight spaces.  Michael Thomas is a stud WR but my only concern is when Brees retires his production will fall off.  

As of now I am targeting Thomas and Mixon with 3 and 4.  Thoughts?

Tricky situation here.  If it's pure keepers, I think I would definitely take Thomas because you need another top flight receiver, and I much prefer his consistency to Cooper's.  Brees could retire eventually, but he's still playing at a high level, and even if he does, Thomas is good enough to thrive with a lesser QB.  

If you're going to have 3 keepers per year, I think I'd probably take Mixon.  I don't see you keeping Cooper over Julio or Thomas in the near future, and I find Mixon's skillset the most likely to push Gurley out of keeper status.  I would also consider DeMarco Murray here.  Even though he doesn't retain much keeper value, I prefer him this season to everyone on that list but Thomas.  It's also likely that you'll keep Julio, Thomas, and probably Gurley next year anyway, so Murray's keeper value shouldn't factor in too much.

15 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

When you say stars what do you mean? Also, how much do you spend on them? You seriously mean like 180 or so? Thought id spend that much on 4-5 but not 3

I personally would try to pay for two first rounders at around $120 then an early second for around $40.  Thinking like Mike Evans, Jordy Nelson, and Devonta Freeman or something like that.

16 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

So to piggy back of my keeper question (I'll be keeping Hilton, Cooper, Ware, and Prosise), I'm curious on what I should do with the 12th and 13th picks that I have.

Keepers haven't been announced yet but I have a rough idea of who could be available, I will list them I order of probability from highest to lowest.

Dez Bryant

Gronk

Brees (2QB league)

Zeke

*Jordy Nelson

*Freeman

*Mike Evans

Players with asterisks are the one that I will take without question if they are they, but I'm dubious of any being there.

Finally other players that will certainly be there but I'm not considering are: Miller, Gurly, Fournette, Baldwin, Demarious Thomas, Hopkins and Lynch.

Anyway curious of who you guys would pick (particularly in this context)/how you would rank them.

Thank you.

See just above for my top 19 ranking those players.  Brees would probably slot in just after my top 19.

1 hour ago, keysersoze3421 said:

I personally would try to pay for two first rounders at around $120 then an early second for around $40.  Thinking like Mike Evans, Jordy Nelson, and Devonta Freeman or something like that.

Wow, i wouldn't have guessed so much, wouldn't 120 for 2 guys pretty much mean i get Bell/DJ? Like no one else is really worth that much right?. I'll try and employ that in a mock and see what happens

Yea Jordy, Evans and Freeman are going for like 48, i wish it were 40

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wow, i wouldn't have guessed so much, wouldn't 120 for 2 guys pretty much mean i get Bell/DJ? Like no one else is really worth that much right?. I'll try and employ that in a mock and see what happens

I think it really depends upon the league and league size. Elite RBs and WRs in my auction league go well over 50$ and we only get 150$ to draft 10 people. Last year I think I payed 55$ for Julio and it was the worst 55$ I have ever spent.

Went starter-heavy I guess, thoughts? I'm not too pleased with it. Need to get a handle on some of the severely underrated guys and wait on them. Can spend over avg cost but worth it to me. TEs and QBs got pretty expensive. Not happy with Eifert but the Top-6 were 12+

10 team mock auction drafts:

QB: Jameis Winston, Tyrod Taylor(I know i know but both were $1)

RB: Lesean Mccoy, Spencer Ware, Doug Martin, Derrick Henry, Jacquizz Rodgers

WR: Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson, Allen Robinson, Tyrell Williams, Randall Cobb, Kevin White

TE: Tyler Eifert

DST: Doesn't matter $1

K: Doesn't matter $1

54 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

^^ If Martin does what I think he will when he gets back you should be alright.  I'm targeting him in all my redrafts in the later rounds.

Yea i think i got him for 1-2 dollars. Trying to keep a list of guys that fall far. Davante Adams was like $9 which seems crazy low

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Went starter-heavy I guess, thoughts? I'm not too pleased with it. Need to get a handle on some of the severely underrated guys and wait on them. Can spend over avg cost but worth it to me. TEs and QBs got pretty expensive. Not happy with Eifert but the Top-6 were 12+

10 team mock auction drafts:

QB: Jameis Winston, Tyrod Taylor(I know i know but both were $1)

RB: Lesean Mccoy, Spencer Ware, Doug Martin, Derrick Henry, Jacquizz Rodgers

WR: Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson, Allen Robinson, Tyrell Williams, Randall Cobb, Kevin White

TE: Tyler Eifert

DST: Doesn't matter $1

K: Doesn't matter $1

Idk man, I absolutely love this team.

Archived