Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

15 hours ago, SoS said:

You make good points about McVay. However, what he is excellent at is spacing, and it's what the previous regime was so terrible at. It's that spacing that should allow Gurley slightly more breathing room than he's had the past 2 seasons, and even slightly more space for a back of Gurley's caliber can be a huge difference. McVay will design concepts that get Gurley in space, both in the run and pass game, and the acquisition of Watkins will greatly limit defenses propensity for loading the box. Gurley, IMO, is a terrific post-hype sleeper. The fact you can get him in round 3 (I had drafts where he was going round 3 his rookie season) is robbery. 

I hope you're right.  I would like to see McVay succeed.  I think he is a very good coordinator, but I think his ability to significantly help the running game is being overrated.

On 8/15/2017 at 4:23 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Okay so back to my non-auction draft. I have the 9th pick. I absolutely love Jordy Nelson and really want to get him. I will have my pick of the Top-4 :

Jordy Nelson

Devonta Freeman

Melvin Gordon

AJ Green

TY Hilton

Michael Thomas

Demarco Murray

And hopefully get 1 of those for my 2nd round pick(maybe the bottom 3 instead)

If Bell-DJ-AB-Julio-ODB-Mccoy-Evans go

What would your next 5 or so guys be in order?

Nelson

Green

Gordon

Murray

Thomas

Freeman

Hilton

On 8/15/2017 at 8:29 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Just did another mock draft: 10 teams non-ppt: Thoughts? If i drafted this team for real i'd be VERY happy with it

QB: Dak Prescott, Tyrod Taylor

RB: Devonta Freeman, Melvin Gordon, Frank Gore, Spencer Ware, Doug Martin, Derrick Henry

WR: Terrelle Pryor, Michael Crabtree, Davante Adams(Think he is criminally underrated), Tyrell Williams, Jordan Matthews

TE: Kyle Rudolph

Love it too.  I'm high on the first four of those receivers, and I like your 1-2 punch and depth at RB.

On 8/15/2017 at 10:33 PM, SimsZilla said:

so in my main league, im thinking of going johnson at 1, then at 20 going zeke if he is there (he should be). where should i target mcfadden? im thinking rounds 6/7? im scared to take him but zeke and johnson weeks 8 on makes me happy on the inside

I think you have to pull the trigger in round 6 unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

How far would you move Lamar Miller and DeAndre Hopkins up your rankings if Deshaun Watson gets the start Week 1?

I think I would still lean towards Baldwin, Cooks and Pryor who are all going in the same range.

On 8/16/2017 at 2:14 AM, The LBC said:

Worth noting, with Zeke formally appealing and looking willing to take this appeal to Brady-level (i.e. he won't serve the suspension until the repeal process is fully resolved), where are you setting your risk/reward threshold for willingness to draft him (early/mid/late what round), given that he may not actually serve that suspension until next year?

I think it depends on my draft position within the round.  First is too rich for me, but there comes a point in the second where I feel compelled to take him, right around that Hilton, Howard, Dez, Gronk area.

On 8/16/2017 at 5:37 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

Are we undervaluing CJ Anderson this year? Or did the injury last year do his career in? 

I know he was a huge disappointment in 2015 after having a huge second half in 2014. But before his injury in 2016, he was one of the more consistent RBs out there...4 of 7 weeks scoring 10+ points. I like to look for consistency. 

He's undervalued.  I think he's locked into good volume, but the injury potential is always a concern.  I have him as a rock solid RB2.

On 8/16/2017 at 11:07 AM, Soggust said:

Keeper league - 

Pick 2 of 3 

Lamar Miller - 8th Round

Todd Gurley - 5th Round

Isaiah Crowell - 14th Round

Crowell and Miller.  I have these guys at all about the same value, so the round discounts on Miller and Crowell win out.

32 minutes ago, JonStark said:

If I told you Sammy Watkins would play all 16 games, where would he end up in your rankings?

Around 20 maybe?  I really don't know.  This is so contingent on Goff's progression, but McVay likes to throw.  So 15-20 seems safe based on target volume alone.

Archived