Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

Keeper league I have 7th pick and all but decided I will be taking Rodgers (the crazy scoring league I've spoke of). My keepers as of now are Riddick, McCoy, A. Jeffrey, and Moncrief. With Luck being injured and the possibility of landing TY in the 2nd I'm debating throwing back Moncrief in favor of Tyler Eifert, Mike Gillislee, Brandon Marshall. I will be taking a WR in the 2nd either way who would you protect? Marshall,  Moncrief, Eifert,  Gillislee, or Ingram? 

Gillislee scares me because he is injured and he's on NE, Moncrief injury history plus Luck injury (feel there are a couple guys that are much of the same) and Eifert injury history as well. 

I'm leaning keeping Ingram, his usage will be down a bit but will be my 2/3 back behind McCoy. I can land a Tyreek Hill, Emmanuel Sanders or another player that I have higher than Moncrief in the 3rd. Best case scenario for HB in the 3rd is TY Montgomery. I feel like the upgrade at WR is slightly better than it would be at HB. 

30 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I've gone WR-WR like 4 years in a row but this year I'm really debating on taking a RB (Shady) and then grabbing Gronk in the 2nd round. I think there should still be plenty of capable WRs in rounds 3-5. And I absolutely HATE drafting a TE early. 

This is smart

1 hour ago, keysersoze3421 said:

Idk man, I absolutely love this team.

I feel like in my mind i ALWAYS have good depth but this way idk i just worry if i get 1 injury I'm screwed

Then again, 1 serious injury probably torpedoes you in most formats

Looking forward to more mocks with this strategy. Feel like a lot of guys will be tentative to spend. Hopefully i can get a trio of 1st rounders for 150

So I'm a seasoned FF vet but this will be my first year doing a draft with defensive players. 

1 pt per tackle
.5 tackle assist
4 sack
6 INT
4 FF
2 FR
6 TD
10 Safety
1 Pass Defended
3 TFL

What would be the best route to go with drafting defense? Who and what positions should I target?

Okay so back to my non-auction draft. I have the 9th pick. I absolutely love Jordy Nelson and really want to get him. I will have my pick of the Top-4 :

Jordy Nelson

Devonta Freeman

Melvin Gordon

AJ Green

TY Hilton

Michael Thomas

Demarco Murray

And hopefully get 1 of those for my 2nd round pick(maybe the bottom 3 instead)

If Bell-DJ-AB-Julio-ODB-Mccoy-Evans go

What would your next 5 or so guys be in order?

7 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

So I'm a seasoned FF vet but this will be my first year doing a draft with defensive players. 

1 pt per tackle
.5 tackle assist
4 sack
6 INT
4 FF
2 FR
6 TD
10 Safety
1 Pass Defended
3 TFL

What would be the best route to go with drafting defense? Who and what positions should I target?

Do you just have 1 defensive spot or do you have to fill 1 DL, 1 LB and 1 DB? PDs don't happen nearly as much as tackles. Even with the added benefit of INTs, most LBs will outscore DBs. MLBs and pass rushing DE/LBs probably benefit the most here. If a DE got 12 sacks, thats probably easier than a DB getting 8 INTs. I'd say a high% of sacks FFs than INTs go for TDs and DEs tend to get more tackles than DBs 

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Do you just have 1 defensive spot or do you have to fill 1 DL, 1 LB and 1 DB? PDs don't happen nearly as much as tackles. Even with the added benefit of INTs, most LBs will outscore DBs. MLBs and pass rushing DE/LBs probably benefit the most here. If a DE got 12 sacks, thats probably easier than a DB getting 8 INTs. I'd say a high% of sacks FFs than INTs go for TDs and DEs tend to get more tackles than DBs 

Just asked commish, and its 1 DL, 1 LB, and 1 DB. Better to go after a DB who plays closer to the line for the tackles?

7 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Just asked commish, and its 1 DL, 1 LB, and 1 DB. Better to go after a DB who plays closer to the line for the tackles?

DB with high volume of pass breakups, and who is generally a candidate to be targeted. No shutdown corner types. 

LBs with high tackle volumes (Craig Robertson last year for example) and who are playmakers (David, Mosley, etc).

Just did another mock draft: 10 teams non-ppt: Thoughts? If i drafted this team for real i'd be VERY happy with it

QB: Dak Prescott, Tyrod Taylor

RB: Devonta Freeman, Melvin Gordon, Frank Gore, Spencer Ware, Doug Martin, Derrick Henry

WR: Terrelle Pryor, Michael Crabtree, Davante Adams(Think he is criminally underrated), Tyrell Williams, Jordan Matthews

TE: Kyle Rudolph

Archived