Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

Just now, kempus said:

Inaugural draft.

Six of one, half-dozen of another really.  Kind of depends on how confident you are in the non-premier RB's.  (If it's PPR, you can have considerably more confidence)

There's value in having that extra 3rd (I'm assuming we're talking 10 or 12-team league), because it allows you to swing for the fences on one of them for a guy who could be a solid 1st-year keeper if he hits.

Ultimately, like with all trades and moves back, it depends on how you feel about your leaguemates and what you think they're likely to do (how they're likely to draft).  If you think you can still comfortably get Julio, Shady, etc. at 5, I'd probably do it.  In PPR leagues, it behooves you to load up on WR1's early and supplement with possession receivers later on.

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You think Bell will be there? Who do you expect at 2-4 to go?

This is kind of my thing.  If he's confident Bell will be there, go for it.  But there are several of the "2nd/3rd round" RB's this year, that I have graded notably lower in PPR leagues because I don't think they'll be deployed as every-down backs.

8 hours ago, The LBC said:

Well... considering McCoy has outscored Jordy and every other WR for the past 3 seasons by an average of 3.3 fantasy points per week, yeah... he actually is better in standard leagues.

Look, I'm a massive Jordy backer for fantasy, but I wouldn't take him over any of the top 4 RB's (save for maybe Zeke now with the suspension).  It's a standard league which means your players are considerably more TD-dependent in order to deliver the kind of consistent Top 10 positional performances week to week that you expect if you're investing a Top 3 pick.  While the top tier WR might give you a similar average in number of TD's on the season, guys like Shady have been far more proven to deliver the week-to-week consistency in TD's while giving you that average.

I guess I'm more concerned with the trade and not so much Mccoy. Like do you think pick9 in a 10 team league non-ppr is more valuable than pick 3?

Just now, The LBC said:

This is kind of my thing.  If he's confident Bell will be there, go for it.  But there are several of the "2nd/3rd round" RB's this year, that I have graded notably lower in PPR leagues because I don't think they'll be deployed as every-down backs.

Agreed, if you have info that tells you Bell will be there pull the trigger

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I guess I'm more concerned with the trade and not so much Mccoy. Like do you think pick9 in a 10 team league non-ppr is more valuable than pick 3?

With the Zeke injury, the 9 pick is more valuable to me.  The 6th pick... I'm not so sure.  The turn is way less threatening in smaller leagues.  But then, I also haven't played in a 10-team league in years; hell, I haven't played in anything smaller than a 14-team league in years.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

With the Zeke injury, the 9 pick is more valuable to me.  The 6th pick... I'm not so sure.  The turn is way less threatening in smaller leagues.  But then, I also haven't played in a 10-team league in years; hell, I haven't played in anything smaller than a 14-team league in years.

Why did you mention 6th? Did you mean 3rd? And yea we had alot of dropouts/people dont wanna pay

2 minutes ago, kempus said:

Yeah, I'm fairly confident he will still be there. If not, Elliott will be.

You just have to know that by taking Zeke you might miss playoffs this year but it would help you down the road. Also might allow you to take risks in this draft that others might not want to

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why did you mention 6th? Did you mean 3rd? And yea we had alot of dropouts/people dont wanna pay

I was referring to a trade-back from #3, since that pick has been devalued at this point - which I thought was the initial point of discussion.  If you can trade back to the turn or 1-pick-removed from the turn, go for it.  But I ultimately don't really see the difference between the 3rd pick through the 7th pick now that Zeke is down, and I'd sooner have the ability to pick from a larger pool when the situation is like that.

That said, I also recognize that my board is generally different from the Yahoo and ESPN rankings and I draft with trust in my board and don't mind going aggressive early to get the guys I really want, then sitting back and taking the falling value (according to my tiers and my board) guys as they come.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I was referring to a trade-back from #3, since that pick has been devalued at this point - which I thought was the initial point of discussion.  If you can trade back to the turn or 1-pick-removed from the turn, go for it.  But I ultimately don't really see the difference between the 3rd pick through the 7th pick now that Zeke is down, and I'd sooner have the ability to pick from a larger pool when the situation is like that.

That said, I also recognize that my board is generally different from the Yahoo and ESPN rankings and I draft with trust in my board and don't mind going aggressive early to get the guys I really want, then sitting back and taking the falling value (according to my tiers and my board) guys as they come.

I agree the difference between 3 and 7 isnt much at all and felt that way with 4-7 when Zeke wasn't suspended. Figured trading back nets me 2 players that have less questions. Staying at 3 forces me to draft someone round 2 that has injury concerns or someone i just dont have much confidence in to be worth it

I'm in a PPR keeper league (1RB, 2WR and 2 Flex).  I'm keeping Gurley, Howard and Julio Jones.  I also have the 3rd and 4th overall pick in this years draft.  I'm pretty sure that Fournett and McCafrey are going 1 and 2.  My question is who should I take with those 2 picks.  Right now my leading candidates are D. Cook, Cooper or Mixon.  I would like to take 2 of the backs but 1 will be on my bench so I am leaning towards Cooper and a back.  Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You just have to know that by taking Zeke you might miss playoffs this year but it would help you down the road. Also might allow you to take risks in this draft that others might not want to

For sure. Which of the rookie running backs do you think will have the best long term impact and potential? Mixon, Cook or McCaffery? I'm guessing Fournette will be gone before I'm on the clock.

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm in a PPR keeper league (1RB, 2WR and 2 Flex).  I'm keeping Gurley, Howard and Julio Jones.  I also have the 3rd and 4th overall pick in this years draft.  I'm pretty sure that Fournett and McCafrey are going 1 and 2.  My question is who should I take with those 2 picks.  Right now my leading candidates are D. Cook, Cooper or Mixon.  I would like to take 2 of the backs but 1 will be on my bench so I am leaning towards Cooper and a back.  Thoughts?

If a back would be on your bench it would be silly to draft 2. Cooper is overvalued in standard leagues but better in ppr imo. I prefer Mixon over Cook but likely you wont have to make that decision 

Archived