Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

Just now, CentralFC said:

Jeez, would not have taken that risk. But that's the game!

Who's throwing Thomas the ball this year again?

Yeah, you could have easily gone Hunt there, gotten Mixon on the turn (maybe, or even Cook), been loaded at RB, and then grabbed a few high-floor receivers in rounds 5-6 (Decker, Maclin, Jackson, etc.). The league is chocked full of those WR2s that you can win with. There aren't many that have the opportunity about to be afforded to Hunt.

I tried to get cute and nab DT and then Hunt and it backfired.  As soon as it happened I was pissed.

I actually did grab Mixon later on so I hope things shake out quickly there in Cincy and by week 4-5 he's the man there.  I took Run DMC late as well so hopefully the Zeke suspension holds and I have an elite back as my flex for weeks 1-6 while things shake out in Cincy at least.  

I think DT will be solid enough.  He still finished as a top 20 WR last year and hopefully Siemen improves with another year under his belt and DT finishes top 15ish.    

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

I tried to get cute and nab DT and then Hunt and it backfired.  As soon as it happened I was pissed.

I actually did grab Mixon later on so I hope things shake out quickly there in Cincy and by week 4-5 he's the man there.  I took Run DMC late as well so hopefully the Zeke suspension holds and I have an elite back as my flex for weeks 1-6 while things shake out in Cincy at least.  

I think DT will be solid enough.  He still finished as a top 20 WR last year and hopefully Siemen improves with another year under his belt and DT finishes top 15ish.    

Hill just went down with an ankle. It's probably not serious, but that's all Mixon needs. 

Nice job hedging with McFadden. 

I can only start 2 RB and 3WR (12 team standard) and I have the following:

RB: DJ, Zeke, Crowell, CJA, D. Henry

WR: D. Adams, A. Robinson, Maclin, Tyrell Williams

Someone in our league just dropped D. Moncrief and I picked him up with my DST.  So I have a week to decide who to drop, D. Henry, Maclin, Williams, Moncrief. I am thinking I may just drop him again.

2 minutes ago, pengu said:

I can only start 2 RB and 3WR (12 team standard) and I have the following:

Someone in our league just dropped D. Moncrief and I picked him up with my DST.  So I have a week to decide who to drop, D. Henry, Maclin, Williams, Moncrief. I am thinking I may just drop him again.

I would. Especially with the uncertainty at QB there with Luck out. 

2 minutes ago, pengu said:

I can only start 2 RB and 3WR and I have the following:

I would just drop him again.  Hard to buy into the Colts' passing attack with the uncertainty surrounding Luck.

3 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Where are guys like McCaffrey, Dalvin and Mixon going now in standard leagues? I know in my mocks usually 1-2 are gone by the middle of round 3. Is it the same in real life? I want one, but preferably in round 4. 

ADP is 3.2 for McCaffrey, 3.4 for Cook, and 3.12 for Mixon in a 12-team standard scoring league.

Main league just had our inaugural keeper draft and man oh man was that a weird draft.  Players were kept based on where they were drafted, plus one round. Meaning guys like Ajayi, Murrary, Howard and Thomas were kept for a 9th, 7th, 16th and a 16th respectively and those are just a few examples of crazy value had by league mates.  All of this made the first few rounds pretty weird....anyway here's what I ended up with, what you think?

10 team, 2 Quarterback, and half ppr, keepers were turned in on the 20th:

QB's: Roethlisberger(5), Bradford(10), Hoyer(13)

RBs: Gilislee(6), Martin(7), West(9), Rodgers(11), Kelly(13), Prosise (keeper-15), Ware(keeper-16)

WRs:  Evans(2), Hilton(K-3), Cooper(K-4), Merideth (11....didn't know), Marvin Jones(12)

TE: Gronk (2)

So it's a little rough around the edges but honestly I don't hate it outside of my quarterbacks.

I do have offer tentatively on the table:

Hilton and Bradford for Crowell and Palmer.  It's a good deal but I don't like what it does for my receiver depth.

Hey Keyser or anyone.

My dynasty tam is loaded at RB but my wr depth took a big hit with Meredith going down. Very deep league, I have my eyes on a couple udfa's not a whole lot else

1. Dez

2. DT

3. Maclin

4. M Jones Jr

5. Marquis Lee

6. Mohammed Sanu sigh

27 minutes ago, Renohightower said:

Hey Keyser or anyone.

My dynasty tam is loaded at RB but my wr depth took a big hit with Meredith going down. Very deep league, I have my eyes on a couple udfa's not a whole lot else

1. Dez

2. DT

3. Maclin

4. M Jones Jr

5. Marquis Lee

6. Mohammed Sanu sigh

What exactly are you asking here? Honestly that doesn't seem like a terrible lineup of receivers, at least if your RBs are truly stacked.

I would drop Lee tho....for...anybody

On 8/26/2017 at 2:38 PM, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Key and SOS: I just had my first out of six money league drafts today.  It's a 0.5 PPR league, with 6 points for passing touchdowns (QBs also get 0.1 points per completion) and bonus points for every position dependant on hitting certain yardage totals.  I hate my RB situation, but I focused on trusting my board and drafting based on value, rather than reaching for a RB in any of the early rounds.  It's a 10 team league, and I had the 4th pick. What do you think?

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Dalvin Cook

RB: Joe Mixon

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Dez Bryant

TE: Rob Gronkowski

FLEX: Martavis Bryant

DST: Jags

K: Dan Bailey

Bench:

Theo Riddick

James White

Desean Jackson

Jonathan Stewart

Derrick Henry

Randall Cobb

Jamaal Williams

To add on to this, I just had my 2nd of 6 drafts last night.  This is a 12 team, standard scoring league.  I had the 2nd pick overall. 

QB: Marcus Mariota

RB: Leveon Bell

RB: Isaiah Crowell

WR: Amari Cooper

WR: Allen Robinson

TE: Tyler Eifert

FLEX: Joe Mixon

DST: Patriots

K: Janikowski

Bench:

Stefon Diggs

Tevin Coleman

Chris Hogan

John Brown

Jamaal Williams

Julius Thomas

Chris Carson

So I hated my RBs in the first league, but I hate my WRs in this league.9_9

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Main league just had our inaugural keeper draft and man oh man was that a weird draft.  Players were kept based on where they were drafted, plus one round. Meaning guys like Ajayi, Murrary, Howard and Thomas were kept for a 9th, 7th, 16th and a 16th respectively and those are just a few examples of crazy value had by league mates.  All of this made the first few rounds pretty weird....anyway here's what I ended up with, what you think?

10 team, 2 Quarterback, and half ppr, keepers were turned in on the 20th:

QB's: Roethlisberger(5), Bradford(10), Hoyer(13)

RBs: Gilislee(6), Martin(7), West(9), Rodgers(11), Kelly(13), Prosise (keeper-15), Ware(keeper-16)

WRs:  Evans(2), Hilton(K-3), Cooper(K-4), Merideth (11....didn't know), Marvin Jones(12)

TE: Gronk (2)

So it's a little rough around the edges but honestly I don't hate it outside of my quarterbacks.

I do have offer tentatively on the table:

Hilton and Bradford for Crowell and Palmer.  It's a good deal but I don't like what it does for my receiver depth.

I'd make the deal because your RBs are really bad, and I value Palmer as an upgrade over Bradford.  Offloading Hilton for value is not a bad thing given Luck's injury uncertainty.

I do not like that team really at all. Your RB group is strong, but your receivers are below-average IMO. Robinson is shaky, Cooper loses red zone looks to Crabtree, and Diggs/Brown are more valuable in reception-based formats. Coleman loses some value for the same reason. 

Would give it a B- with an outside shot for the championship.

Edit: regarding HTTRG's team.

Archived