Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

Did the 2QB tonight, 12 team PPR.  Massive QB run in the 2nd round so I waited and it might have screwed me:

QB: Carson Wentz
QB: DeShone Kizer
RB: Leveon Bell
RB: Kareem Hunt
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
TE: Zach Miller
Flex: Tyrell Williams

BN: Jared Goff
BN: Tom Savage
BN: Theo Riddick
BN: Terrance West
BN: Rex Burkhead
BN: Jonathan Stewart
BN: Connor Kupp

Okay, 3rd draft in the books.  This is a 12 team, full PPR league.  What do you think?  Where can I try to improve?

QB: Marcus Mariota

RB: DeMarco Murray

RB: Dalvin Cook

WR: Keenan Allen

TE: Eric Ebron

FLEX: Mark Ingram

DST: Jags

K: Will Lutz

Bench:

Allen Robinson

DeVante Parker

Tevin Coleman

Tyrell Williams

James White

Corey Coleman

I was annoyed I couldn't get Derick Henry - he went a few picks before I would have taken him.  Otherwise, I love my bench for the upside; it allows me to be a little less worried about Keenan's injury risk.

0.5 PPR... QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, RB/WR, WR/TE, K, DEF

I have kept Crowell (round 11), Benjamin (round 17), Montgomery (round 18), H. Henry (round 19). I can keep four players (one must be a rookie) with the cost of the round that player was drafted the prior year, may keep a player for 3 years).

I have pick #3 and #12.

I'll list twenty or so players not kept. I'd greatly appreciate it if you can give me a guy to target at #3 and #12.

McCoy
Beckham
Green
Evans
B. Cooks
Fournette
Elliott
D. Bryant
McCaffrey
Cooper
Hyde
D. Cook
Gronkowski
Hunt
Lynch
Miller
Jeffrey
Allen
Hopkins
Brees

On 8/29/2017 at 6:09 PM, SoS said:

I'm also curious to hear why you rank Tyrell ahead of Keenan Allen (I have both on one of my teams, with Tyrell essentially acting as a valuable handcuff). 

Also curious to hear your thoughts on Ted Ginn being named the #2 ahead of Willie Snead. Snead is a player I am low on this season and I think Ginn is a sneaky bet to finish as a top 30 WR as the only real deep threat on that Saints high octane offense that will force defenses to respect the run this season. 

Mostly just the injury concerns for Allen that propel Williams ahead, and I tend to like the vertical potential better than I do Allen's volume-based production.  

Totally agree on Ginn.  Thinking he's a darkhorse WR2 candidate.  He's just going to be hard to map out week to week.  I feel like 3/114/2 is going to be mixed in with 1/24/0.

On 8/29/2017 at 4:30 PM, Dolphins1984 said:

Hey, really enjoyed your top 50 WR rankings but I have a few questions.

Why are you so low on Kelvin Benjamin (37) and DeVante Parker (46)?  Both players look to be trending up this preseason.

Why so high on Tyrell Williams (17) and Michael Crabtree (15)?

What’s makes up the difference for you for the players in tier gaps 4-6?

I would be interested in seeing your top 50 RB rankings for PPR.

Thank you

Parker needs to show me more.  He's done virtually nothing through 2 seasons, and I need to see it before I give him recognition.  With Landry and Thomas occupying short and intermediate zones and Stills probably the preferred downfield guy, I think Parker could settle in for maybe 60/750/4 or something to that effect.  Benjamin is wildly inconsistent, and I'm not going to be fooled by his preseason.

Williams is vastly underrated.  His consistency was on par with Doug Baldwin and Demaryius Thomas last year.  With Mike Williams out and Rivers's trust earned, he's going to be a weekly WR2 start in a great offense.  Crabtree is a top 12 WR over the past two seasons.  His RZ looks are undeniable; he's Carr's preferred target there.  His upside is not as great as Cooper's, but I like his floor better.

On 8/29/2017 at 6:37 PM, SoS said:

Key & anyone else, need input on what could be a preseason blockbuster move. Quick run over of scoring. 1 PPR w/ +3 for 100+ yards and +5 for 200+ yards. Here's the current makeup of my team (12 team league): 

QB: D.Brees
RB: L.McCoy / J.Ajayi / M.Ingram / S.Vereen 
WR: K.Allen / D.Thomas / P.Garcon / T.Williams / T.Ginn / Z.Jones
TE: Z.Ertz / J.Doyle
D/ST: Panthers / Chargers (traded Vikings+Ebron for Chargers+Garcon) 
K: M.Bryant

OFFER
Send: J.Ajayi + T.Ginn 
Receive: D.Martin + J.Mixon + M.Gillislee

Obviously this would be a huge move. Ajayi was a maniac in this league last year with the yardage bonuses once he was made starter. I'd be getting three risky investments in return with hopes that at least two of them become valuable. 

I'm trying to squeeze one of Crabtree or Tyreek out of him to improve my WR3 spot, but he's been stubborn about it to-date (I'd be adding Vereen & Doyle, his current TE is Evan Engram). 

No, wouldn't do it unless you can get Crabtree.  I don't like Martin or Gillislee.  Mixon, Gill/Martin, and Crabtree is tempting to me, but I still would probably resist.

On 8/29/2017 at 9:15 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

If Chad Henne were to get the starting gig in Jacksonville (and i know they said Bortles is the starter) how much would that help or hurt Allen Robinson? 

Also, in the mocks I do, i like how my team looks the most when i go 3 RBs in the first 3 rounds. I find myself with a lot of DeMarco-Fournette-Cook/Crowell/Mixon and then i'll snag up guys like Kelvin, Davante Adams, Crabtree or Tate between the 4th and 6th rounds. That being said, if a WR like Jordy Nelson or Michael Thomas fall to the 2nd round, i'd be stupid to pass on him for a 3rd tier RB right? When that happens on occasion, i always seem to hate my flex spot, I'm always picking between guys like Garcon and DeVante Parker to fill that spot. 

Wouldn't change any of my Jags rankings if Henne becomes starter.  He's about equal in my eyes to Bortles.

I agree that if Thomas or Nelson falls, you have to grab him.

23 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

10 man PPR, had 6th pick:

RB: LeSean McCoy

RB: Isaiah Crowell

WR: Terrelle Pryor

TE: Tyler Eifert

R/W/T: Larry Fitzgerald

R/W/T: Kareem Hunt

D/ST: Panthers

Bench:

Rex Burkhead

Rob Kelley

Alvin Kamara

Tyreek Hill

Zay Jones

Mike Wallace

Thoughts?

Great work!

Need some help on my 12 team auction draft I have later tonight. Its a PPR league and standard scoring after that, we will start QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,Flex,TE,Def,K.

This will be a keeper league and tonight will be our first draft so we will be bidding from the entire field of players. 

I usually like to wait and let guys "overpay" for the first 10-20 guys and then build a team with excellent depth, I'm always worried about paying 40% or more of your stack just for one player and then they get hurt. Do you believe in spending a good amount of money on 2-3 guys or going with my approach of building a team with great depth instead?

Also since its a keeper league I am toying with the idea of drafting Ezekiel Elliot (he usually goes for $30-$40 in most ESPN auction drafts) we will be using the $200 total pot on ESPN. He will obviously be missing some time this season but that would most likely be my keeper going into year 2 of our league, that would free me up to build a team with more depth rather than spending $65-$85 on guys like DJ, Bell, Brown, ect.

Thanks! 

23 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Key, do you have your RB tiers?  

Also I've got my 2QB draft tonight, its 12 team PPR and I have the 2nd pick.  The way my mocks have been going I typically get Bell, Dez, and Baldwin/Cooper in the first three rounds.  Is the end of round 4/start of round 5 too late to take my first QB you think?  It typically plays out that I'll be in the Luck, Winston, Mariota tier of QBs in the 2nd and 3rd round and I just feel like grabbing two borderline top 10 WRs is worth it more than one of the QBs.  If that happens I'm looking at Rivers/Stafford/Ben in rounds 4/5. 

Sure, below are my updated RB tiers:

Tier 1  
1 David Johnson
2 Le'Veon Bell

Tier 2  
3 Melvin Gordon
4 LeSean McCoy
5 DeMarco Murray

Tier 3  
6 Devonta Freeman
7 Jay Ajayi
8 Jordan Howard

Tier 4  
9 Dalvin Cook
10 Lamar Miller
11 Todd Gurley
12 Isaiah Crowell
13 Ty Montgomery
14 Ezekiel Elliott
15 Kareem Hunt
16 Christian McCaffrey
17 Carlos Hyde
18 CJ Anderson
19 Leonard Fournette
20 Marshawn Lynch
21 Joe Mixon
22 Danny Woodhead

Tier 5  
23 Bilal Powell
24 Tevin Coleman
25 Frank Gore
26 Ameer Abdullah
27 Mark Ingram
28 Terrance West
29 Derrick Henry
30 Doug Martin
31 Adrian Peterson
32 Rob Kelley
33 Theo Riddick
34 Thomas Rawls

Tier 6  
35 Mike Gillislee
36 Duke Johnson
37 James White
38 Paul Perkins
39 Darren McFadden
40 Eddie Lacy
41 CJ Prosise
42 Rex Burkhead
43 Gio Bernard
44 Chris Carson
45 Jacquizz Rodgers

Tier 7  
46 Matt Forte
47 Jonathan Stewart
48 LeGarrette Blount
49 Samaje Perine
50 Jamaal Williams

13 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Did the 2QB tonight, 12 team PPR.  Massive QB run in the 2nd round so I waited and it might have screwed me:

QB: Carson Wentz
QB: DeShone Kizer
RB: Leveon Bell
RB: Kareem Hunt
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
TE: Zach Miller
Flex: Tyrell Williams

BN: Jared Goff
BN: Tom Savage
BN: Theo Riddick
BN: Terrance West
BN: Rex Burkhead
BN: Jonathan Stewart
BN: Connor Kupp

I'm a big fan of cobbling together QB play.  With those RBs and WRs, they should more than make up for Wentz and Kizer, even if they only give you about 12 pts per week.  Even the worst QBs have guaranteed volume.  I like the team, and nice grab on Miller!

It's Cooper Kupp btw...good pick there.

12 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Does Matt Kelley actually know what he's talking about or does he just talk out of his butt? 

He's well respected in the fantasy community.  That said, I don't really subscribe to his analysis often.  I have analysts that I like a lot more.

11 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Okay, 3rd draft in the books.  This is a 12 team, full PPR league.  What do you think?  Where can I try to improve?

RB: DeMarco Murray

RB: Dalvin Cook

WR: Keenan Allen

TE: Eric Ebron

FLEX: Mark Ingram

DST: Jags

K: Will Lutz

Bench:

Allen Robinson

DeVante Parker

Tevin Coleman

Tyrell Williams

James White

Corey Coleman

I was annoyed I couldn't get Derick Henry - he went a few picks before I would have taken him.  Otherwise, I love my bench for the upside; it allows me to be a little less worried about Keenan's injury risk.

Yeah, great bench and very solid team overall.  Think I'd stick Lord Tyrell in as your flex.

Archived