aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

I saw Imagine Dragons on Monday in Virginia Beach. I got to go backstage and see how the sausage was made. It was a really cool experience. They put on a phenomenal show and I would highly recommend seeing them. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I saw Imagine Dragons on Monday in Virginia Beach. I got to go backstage and see how the sausage was made. It was a really cool experience. They put on a phenomenal show and I would highly recommend seeing them. 

Was the concert at the amphitheater?  I lived in Virginia Beach from 1993 to 2003.  My wife grew up in VB. We may move back some day after my wife retires.

6 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

Was the concert at the amphitheater?  I lived in Virginia Beach from 1993 to 2003.  My wife grew up in VB. We may move back some day after my wife retires.

Yes it was. Really nice venue. The weather was perfect. My first time to Virginia Beach/Norfolk, but I really liked it. Would definitely go back.

• Like 2

webmaster.jpg

hey guys, here's a learning moment and a perfect example of something i've said for years around here.

members will touch on a subject they know is not allowed, sneak in to the discussion their view of things, and then try to sugar coat it by saying how they know they can't talk about it or something like "that's all I'll say on the matter."

it gets you banned.

also notice how more than 20 members liked Webby's reaction to the situation, showing that our community doesn't approve either.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2024 at 11:22 AM, wcblack34 said:

I saw them at Target Field last summer and it was awesome

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I saw them at Target Field last summer and it was awesome

Yeah. I’ll definitely be getting out to see them again! I’ve seen more concerts post Covid than I had the previous 10 years. Too many good acts to risk another lockdown 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

JD Souther, the singer, songwriter and actor who co-wrote some of the biggest hits of the Eagles, like “New Kid in Town” and “Best of My Love,” and had a long solo career that included the top 10 hit “You’re Only Lonely,” died Tuesday at age 78. No cause of death was given but he was described by reps at Solters PR as dying peacefully at home in New Mexico.

Souther was about to go out for joint concert dates this fall with Karla Bonoff, another veteran of the 1970s Southern California singer-songwriter scene, and had performed as recently as five days ago.

Beyond his work with the Eagles, he was also closely associated with the discography of Linda Ronstadt, whom he dated in the 1970s, with the tracks she recorded including “Prisoner in Disguise” and “Faithless Love.” He also had songs recorded by the Dixie Chicks, George Strait and Bonnie Raitt.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/jd-souther-singer-co-wrote-eagles-classics-new-kid-town-dies-78-rcna171623

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

JD Souther, the singer, songwriter and actor who co-wrote some of the biggest hits of the Eagles, like “New Kid in Town” and “Best of My Love,” and had a long solo career that included the top 10 hit “You’re Only Lonely,” died Tuesday at age 78. No cause of death was given but he was described by reps at Solters PR as dying peacefully at home in New Mexico.

JD Souther performed Smoke Gets in your Eyes in Steven Speilberg's late 80's film, Always, with Richard Dreyfuss, Holly Hunter, and John Goodman (in one of his most hilarious roles). filmed in Montana (!) and giving a big boost to the local economy of a rural area, it's really a GREAT film if you haven't seen it. Typical Spielberg - drama, comedy, intense action, supernatural overtones, beautiful cinematography, oh and even two scenes with Audrey Hepburn in her last film.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Souther was about to go out for joint concert dates this fall with Karla Bonoff, another veteran of the 1970s Southern California singer-songwriter scene, and had performed as recently as five days ago.

Beyond his work with the Eagles, he was also closely associated with the discography of Linda Ronstadt, whom he dated in the 1970s, with the tracks she recorded including “Prisoner in Disguise” and “Faithless Love.” He also had songs recorded by the Dixie Chicks, George Strait and Bonnie Raitt.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/jd-souther-singer-co-wrote-eagles-classics-new-kid-town-dies-78-rcna171623

I appreciated JD's songwriting prowess...but I admire any man who dated Linda Ronstadt, who I had a major crush for in the 1970's!!

• Like 1