2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, cannondale said:

I'll do it if you really quick go find the penny I dropped in my backyard. It's 10 acres. 

Ha!  You said find the penny, not return the penny.  Means I get to keep it.  You're the worst negotiator ever. 

In terms of trades, two corners who come to mind would be Logan Ryan and Kareem Jackson.

Titans just signed Butler to huge deal and have Adoree who had a pretty good rookie year. Could make Ryan expendable.

Texans just signed Colvin and have Kevin Johnson on a cheaper rookie contract still vs Jackson. Could make him expendable.

Just now, Jaegybomb said:

So where do we stand right now? 9 mil left and still need a starting CB and right guard?

I don't think it's possibly that low considering we had 20 million before we cut Jordy.  We don't have a realistic need at guard compared to WR or CB. 

Just now, Jaegybomb said:

So where do we stand right now? 9 mil left and still need a starting CB and right guard?

I think we are in better shape than that financially...but you may be right. Once AR signs his deal, we may create a bit more room. We need one legit starter at CB and then add a Tramon Williams or Bring back House. We will still need to draft one or two.

4 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

We had 17 and paid Wilk 8 right?

We were higher than 17 and MO got 5 with 3 in incentives. With projected draft signings...the 17 is accurate though. Cobb's contract could be adjusted by adding a couple years on the deal. Matthews could also be extended if needed. So stuff can be done or structure could be in place where the base for this year is low with a bigger hit next year when 22 mil rolls off the cap with Matthews and Cobb's deals ending.

Archived