2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, Packerraymond said:

They have room for them both. They don't want Johnson back, this move shows that. Joyner and Watkins will be back.

You sure?  They can only tag one of them.  You're telling me if you were Watkins/Joyner you wouldn't see what else you would get offered?  I'd bet one of them leaves.  If I bet on this type of thing, I'd probably put 500 on one of those two leaving. 

8 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You sure?  They can only tag one of them.  You're telling me if you were Watkins/Joyner you wouldn't see what else you would get offered?  I'd bet one of them leaves.  If I bet on this type of thing, I'd probably put 500 on one of those two leaving. 

They have like 50m in cap. They get to live in Cali, they were the most improved team in the NFL last year. I don't see why either would want out.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

They have like 50m in cap. They get to live in Cali, they were the most improved team in the NFL last year. I don't see why either would want out.

We'll see.  Quote me if I'm wrong.  Quote me twice if I'm right. 

After seeing the compensation for Peters, I feel my opinion on him has been justified. No logical reason a player as highly thought of as him on a rookie deal is traded that cheap unless he’s a dirtbag. Glad we’re not going to be the team paying him and I would MUCH rather throw that kind of money at Trumaine Johnson. 

2 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

After seeing the compensation for Peters, I feel my opinion on him has been justified. No logical reason a player as highly thought of as him on a rookie deal is traded that cheap unless he’s a dirtbag. Glad we’re not going to be the team paying him and I would MUCH rather throw that kind of money at Trumaine Johnson. 

Isn't Trumaine Johnson kind of a dirtbag too? I vaguely remember something in college was a red flag before the draft and think he's been arrested a couple times since turning pro.

Edit: According to his wiki page he's been arrested for disorderly conduct, drunk driving, and reckless driving.

39 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Isn't Trumaine Johnson kind of a dirtbag too? I vaguely remember something in college was a red flag before the draft and think he's been arrested a couple times since turning pro.

Edit: According to his wiki page he's been arrested for disorderly conduct, drunk driving, and reckless driving.

I consider those kinds of infractions genuine mistakes if they’re not repeated, not obvious character flaws like Peters has shown to a wide variety of people. 

6 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I consider those kinds of infractions genuine mistakes if they’re not repeated, not obvious character flaws like Peters has shown to a wide variety of people. 

Typical.  Peters shows emotion on a football field and gets into an argument with a coach about a football game, he's a dirtbag POS.  No excuses.  Once and you are a bad person. 

Johnson is driving reckless and drunk driving and literally threatening LIVES DUE TO HIS IMMATURITY AND LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY, it's okay.  No problem.  Just don't do it again, pal. 

The drunk driving and reckless driving were two separate things.  Does he get a free pass for risking the lives of others by drunkennes and also a free pass for risking the lives of others by recklessness?  Is it kinda like a buy one, get one free deal? 

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

I want somebody like Peters on the defense.  I'm sorry, but I would rather have elite talent that acts childish about being coached than a bunch of scrubs who do whatever their coaches tell them.  If I was a coach and I had a player like Peters, I'd coach my defense to account for that.  Live with the mistakes, love the benefits.  Marcus Peters is not a bad person just like Charles Woodson was not a bad person.  He's confident in his ability and doesn't like his ability being questioned.  He has a problem with swallowing pride, that's it.  He's not a quitter.

That needs repeating.  He is not a quitter.  As that one person said, he left to the locker because he thought he was expelled, he came back ready to play, the defense didn't get back on the field.  How is that quitting?  It's not. 

As soon as we lost Charles Woodson, our secondary has SUCKED, and it hasn't created turnovers.  I can live with our secondary sucking if they're creating turnovers like they did in 2011.  We need that swagger in the backfield.  Randall has it, and he's been the only one who has been creating turnovers consistently for us.  Unfortunately, he's not an elite level talent.  Peters is.  Put Peters with Randall and our secondary goes from crap to elite pretty much just like that. 

Also, completely unrelated, I want Tramon Williams back as emergency depth.  I wouldn't ever want him to see the field, but I'd rather he see the field than some WR converted to corner that's two years away from being an XFL backup.  Literally. 

I know you and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of things in this forum, however, your spot on IMO with this.  We need some attitude on both sides of the ball, no Jack Tatum's, but players like Wayne Simmons.  I could live with House or Williams as vet back up.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Typical.  Peters shows emotion on a football field and gets into an argument with a coach about a football game, he's a dirtbag POS.  No excuses.  Once and you are a bad person. 

Johnson is driving reckless and drunk driving and literally threatening LIVES DUE TO HIS IMMATURITY AND LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY, it's okay.  No problem.  Just don't do it again, pal. 

The drunk driving and reckless driving were two separate things.  Does he get a free pass for risking the lives of others by drunkennes and also a free pass for risking the lives of others by recklessness?  Is it kinda like a buy one, get one free deal? 

Yeah yeah, virtue signal all you’d like fact remains 2 teams put in offers for Peters with reports of him asking to be traded. Cleveland wasn’t even interested in him with all those picks, the GM who drafted him making the decisions and a pressing need at corner. Seems the people who make real decisions agree with me here but now you want to take a hard stance on Trumaine Johnson after being all the more forgiving towards Peters and his indiscretions. Typical indeed.

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

Yeah yeah, virtue signal all you’d like fact remains 2 teams put in offers for Peters with reports of him asking to be traded. Cleveland wasn’t even interested in him with all those picks, the GM who drafted him making the decisions and a pressing need at corner. Seems the people who make real decisions agree with me here but now you want to take a hard stance on Trumaine Johnson after being all the more forgiving towards Peters and his indiscretions. Typical indeed.

Virtue signaling? 

Two choices.  One number response.  Which is worse?

1. Leaving a football field after throwing a flag and getting into an argument with a coach
2. Drunk driving, reckless driving

And as to your other "point," those are the only teams that what's his face HEARD about being interested.  It does not mean they were the only teams interested. 

I'll be waiting for a 1 or a 2. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Virtue signaling? 

Two choices.  One number response.  Which is worse?

1. Leaving a football field after throwing a flag and getting into an argument with a coach
2. Drunk driving, reckless driving

And as to your other "point," those are the only teams that what's his face HEARD about being interested.  It does not mean they were the only teams interested. 

I'll be waiting for a 1 or a 2. 

I know plenty of good people who’ve made poor decisions behind the wheel of a car in a variety of ways. If it’s something they show they can’t get past, it becomes a serious concern. If it doesn’t, I’m not going to treat it the same way I treat a case like Peters. The more that comes out about his trade to LA, the more obvious it becomes to me his attitude solely on a personal level is a serious problem. You didn’t agree with me before and you won’t now, but that’s the way I see it and I expect Trumaine to garner plenty of interest in FA. Certainly more than Peters just garnered via trade for what turned out to be quite poor value given his reputation as an elite player around the league.

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

I like talking in circles.

What separates incidents for you?  Days?  Peters had one bad day.  Johnson had several bad days.

1 or 2.  If you can't give me a one or two, don't bother responding because all we'll be doing is padding our post counts because henceforth, if you respond to me on this matter, I will ask, "1 or 2?"

It's simple.  Which is worse?  Bad behavior on a football field, or drunk driving and reckless driving? 

Johnson will garner more interest as a FREE agent than a corner who will literally requiring losing draft picks?  You don't say.  YOU DON'T SAY! 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

What separates incidents for you?  Days?  Peters had one bad day.  Johnson had several bad days.

1 or 2.  If you can't give me a one or two, don't bother responding because all we'll be doing is padding our post counts because henceforth, if you respond to me on this matter, I will ask, "1 or 2?"

It's simple.  Which is worse?  Bad behavior on a football field, or drunk driving and reckless driving? 

Johnson will garner more interest as a FREE agent than a corner who will literally requiring losing draft picks?  You don't say.  YOU DON'T SAY! 

I don’t think I can make this anymore clear to you but I’ll try one more time since you’re being extra neurotic again. I consider a long, substantiated and clear history of personality flaws a bigger problem than a couple misdemeanor criminal violations. I consider the fact that Peters quit on his team at Washington, fell in the draft, and has now quit on his first NFL team (reportedly) a bigger concern than a DUI. I consider what he’s done to prove that paying him top dollar will handcuff you to his problems financially a serious burden and I don’t want any part of that and apparently 90+% of the league didn’t either. Got it yet? 

26 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

IlI consider what he’s done to prove that paying him top dollar will handcuff you to his problems financially a serious burden and I don’t want any part of that and apparently 90+% of the league didn’t either. Got it yet? 

90+% of the league?  Got a link to support this?

Archived