2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

MM seems a lot more open about talking about this stuff than he has in the past. Those quotes on Damarious really make me wonder about what TT was thinking when he drafted him. He clearly drafted for need and put a square peg in a round hole. Then he doubled down on it by letting Hayward/Hyde walk. All of that BPA talk that TT and the front office always preached was really only true when he drafted Rodgers. I can't think of another pick that wasn't based on an obvious roster hole. He let us down by not getting in FAs on the fringe of the roster. I always believed in TT as a talent evaluator but it's clear he lacked in roster building and believed in his guys to his own fault during the second half of his tenure. Maybe once he got the ring he wanted to build another strictly through the draft? Lots of second guessing go on in my world...

BTW, Randall is going to be a stud FS/slot in CLE...

8 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

MM seems a lot more open about talking about this stuff than he has in the past. Those quotes on Damarious really make me wonder about what TT was thinking when he drafted him. He clearly drafted for need and put a square peg in a round hole. Then he doubled down on it by letting Hayward/Hyde walk. All of that BPA talk that TT and the front office always preached was really only true when he drafted Rodgers. I can't think of another pick that wasn't based on an obvious roster hole. He let us down by not getting in FAs on the fringe of the roster. I always believed in TT as a talent evaluator but it's clear he lacked in roster building and believed in his guys to his own fault during the second half of his tenure. Maybe once he got the ring he wanted to build another strictly through the draft? Lots of second guessing go on in my world...

BTW, Randall is going to be a stud FS/slot in CLE...

Just now, Jaegybomb said:

Hope not, he walked out of the stadium in the middle of games when his team was counting on him and gave the Packers the middle finger when we let him go. Definitely could happen though.

I hear you. He should've been moved based on the walking out, you just can't do that. However the reports of the vets wanting him cut are even more interesting given the context of him saying that the coaches (Dom) didn't hold anyone accountable. Leads me to believe he was calling out those vet players and they clearly didn't like it and wanted him gone. Can't say I blame him based on our defensive performance the last few years...

How is he in a position to call out anyone? Stop pouting and earn a starting spot.

Earn a starting spot?  He had been our starter each of the previous two years playing out of position and injured. 

People so quick to just hate players as soon as they leave Green Bay.  Kinda sick.  Everyone was praising Randall for calling out Capers when he did it.  Everyone.  Everyone had been calling for Capers to get fired for years and years and years.  Now that Randall's gone...

Randall didn't ask to get traded.

11 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Hope not, he walked out of the stadium in the middle of games when his team was counting on him and gave the Packers the middle finger when we let him go. Definitely could happen though.

What's this with the middle finger? 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Earn a starting spot?  He had been our starter each of the previous two years playing out of position and injured. 

People so quick to just hate players as soon as they leave Green Bay.  Kinda sick.  Everyone was praising Randall for calling out Capers when he did it.  Everyone.  Everyone had been calling for Capers to get fired for years and years and years.  Now that Randall's gone...

Randall didn't ask to get traded.

He had, in fact, tweeted that the "#1 seed goes through GB, get ya coats ready" early in the offseason. 

He was asking to be fired.

By that logic, you're asking to be ignored. 

He wasn't asking to be fired, and that's a stupid dumb made up lie. 

Him saying it was a stupid trade means literally nothing.  He has confidence in himself and believes he's capable of being a good player.  Thus, he thinks it was a stupid trade.

You can choose to hate him all you want.  Doesn't mean it's justified. 

2 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

“You’ll see how dumb that trade was very soon,” Randall said Friday on Twitter, adding three laughing-faced emojis.

Isn't this sort of similar to every player saying that he is going to make "insert teams" pay for not drafting them though? Rodgers has fueled his entire career by being slighted...

Archived