Madden 19

MacReady

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Well sign me the F up then!

Like @Norm was saying.  If you already planned on buying at least two EA games within the next year, the $99 yearly subscription pays for itself.  Or, lets say for example a game comes out and you really want to try it.  Just do the monthly and spend $15 and get access to all their games.  Don't forget, EA also has Anthem coming out early in 2019 as well, so that will also be included as well as any other future games.

Just now, showtime said:

Like @Norm was saying.  If you already planned on buying at least two EA games within the next year, the $99 yearly subscription pays for itself.  Or, lets say for example a game comes out and you really want to try it.  Just do the monthly and spend $15 and get access to all their games.  Don't forget, EA also has Anthem coming out early in 2019 as well, so that will also be included as well as any other future games.

Well I was going to get Madden and BFV for sure. I couldn't care less about Anthem but just for those 2 games it's already paid for itself so yeah I'm all aboard this train.

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Hey if they come out with a great game I will play it. The biggest problem I have with them is the amount of talented development teams that they have destroyed with unrealistic deadlines and sheer stupidity. 

Bioware

Pandemic

Dreamworks

Visceral 

and those are only off the top of my head. Its not only that they do shady things its that IMO have made gaming worse instead of making it better. 

Yeah I just flat out don't agree overall they are a net negative to gaming.

Again, consumers are to blame as well here. They don't like rushed games and they don't like them delayed either. I know I read comments before that delaying hurts sales a lot more than a rushed game. So what is a business to do? Yeah, it sucks. It's kind of the world we live in. I know we don't want to admit these guys are a business first, but it's reality.

And yes, they aren't a super upstanding publisher, no doubt. But I guess I feel like everything they do is under this giant microscope, I could list a bunch of **** they have done lately that was all very "pro consumer/gamer" but it doesn't matter because they did other bad stuff so it doesn't count.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Well I was going to get Madden and BFV for sure. I couldn't care less about Anthem but just for those 2 games it's already paid for itself so yeah I'm all aboard this train.

I wish Premium was on Xbox as well.  I would 100% get it.  I'm like you, I don't care about Anthem, but I would definitely love to try it.  Same with NHL.  I enjoy FIFA because it's a pretty well made game, but I don't want to buy it all the time.  

Damn that's such a great deal. 

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

That stuff can at least be fixed, what couldn't be fixed was the poor writing, the dull characters and the lack of interesting elements within the universe presented.

Just my favorite example of such....

Ya see, I don't think this is great, nor do I think it's something that should be dwelled on, yet it is.

Just now, showtime said:

I wish Premium was on Xbox as well.  I would 100% get it.  I'm like you, I don't care about Anthem, but I would definitely love to try it.  Same with NHL.  I enjoy FIFA because it's a pretty well made game, but I don't want to buy it all the time.  

Damn that's such a great deal. 

Rumors are it'll make it. IDK if there's any truth to them. I'm the same with Anthem. It probably wasn't a buy for me, but knowing I'd buy madden and bfv it made sense to go this route and try anthem too. It's kind of crazy they are doing this still. I'm not the EA paranoia guy but yet I'm still like how is this going to work for them? But I'm sure they know the numbers and why it'll work $$wise

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

They even refunded my EA access money, the basic portion, It renewed 3 days ago. Got almost all 5 bucks back. Good guy EA!!!

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Rumors are it'll make it. IDK if there's any truth to them. I'm the same with Anthem. It probably wasn't a buy for me, but knowing I'd buy madden and bfv it made sense to go this route and try anthem too. It's kind of crazy they are doing this still. I'm not the EA paranoia guy but yet I'm still like how is this going to work for them? But I'm sure they know the numbers and why it'll work $$wise

I'm guessing it'll probably work out really well for them.  On PC, you have a very massive and hardcore Battlefield community, but I'm not sure how popular the other games are on PC.  Obviously Madden hasn't been on PC in a long time, but this deal is so good, I'm sure that people who would maybe by 0 or 1 EA game per year will want to get in on this deal.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm guessing it'll probably work out really well for them.  On PC, you have a very massive and hardcore Battlefield community, but I'm not sure how popular the other games are on PC.  Obviously Madden hasn't been on PC in a long time, but this deal is so good, I'm sure that people who would maybe by 0 or 1 EA game per year will want to get in on this deal.

Yeah good point. Outside of FIFA and BF I don't think most Origin PC games are very populated so it's easier to start there.

28 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah good point. Outside of FIFA and BF I don't think most Origin PC games are very populated so it's easier to start there.

The thing about console is, with EA Access, you still ultimately have to buy the games.  A ton of people will buy Madden digitally right from their Xbox.  I wonder what that means for Microsoft themselves... do they and Sony get a cut of the profit because they sold the consumer the game?  In this case, that would cut a huge hole into EA game sales on console since a lot of people wouldn't actually buy the games anymore.  Of course a ton of people would still buy Madden every year, but there would be a lot of people who just use the yearly subscription to get the games and never buy an EA game again.

So I'm kind of wondering if Microsoft would be against the Origin Premium subscription on console.

13 minutes ago, showtime said:

The thing about console is, with EA Access, you still ultimately have to buy the games.  A ton of people will buy Madden digitally right from their Xbox.  I wonder what that means for Microsoft themselves... do they and Sony get a cut of the profit because they sold the consumer the game?  In this case, that would cut a huge hole into EA game sales on console since a lot of people wouldn't actually buy the games anymore.  Of course a ton of people would still buy Madden every year, but there would be a lot of people who just use the yearly subscription to get the games and never buy an EA game again.

So I'm kind of wondering if Microsoft would be against the Origin Premium subscription on console.

This is way out of my league to speculate on, but I don't think Sony/MS make any different cut off sales whether it's digital or not. I could easily be wrong though. But yeah, IDK how that all works when it comes down to that. How much does the secondary market in consoles play in? You can't resell anything, like a ton of people would do with Madden, so if it's a sub and then you don't like it, there's fewer copies for someone else to get cheap so they just get the the sub too? IDK. I'm thinking too hard over something that doesn't matter to me lol

5 hours ago, showtime said:

Because your perception of how outspoken people are is just not correct.  Yes, there are people who are not happy with Madden, but the overwhelming majority of people are happy with the game and willingly buy it every single year.  It's the same with Call of Duty.  The majority of people who play that game have a ton of fun with it and look forward to it every year.

There is an extremely small percentage of people who are outspoken about Madden and Call of Duty and have major issues with those franchises.

People have nothing to compare this game to. Most people find it awful that I know of, but people that never played 2K or any other game don't know how bad Madden is these days. They don't even try anymore.

It's an NFL game bro. You can putout absolute hot garbage with no competition and it will always be a top seller.

Archived