Madden 19

MacReady

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Signed up and pre-loaded. I'm ready to be disappointed tomorrow!

I'm kind of confused.  I've seen people say that you get the game tomorrow at 11am, but EA's website says the game comes out on August 2nd.

In years past, EA has released the 10 hour trail of Madden a day early.  I'm not sure this is going to happen, but I hope it does.  If it does, I can play it tomorrow.  If not I have to wait an extra day haha

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm kind of confused.  I've seen people say that you get the game tomorrow at 11am, but EA's website says the game comes out on August 2nd.

In years past, EA has released the 10 hour trail of Madden a day early.  I'm not sure this is going to happen, but I hope it does.  If it does, I can play it tomorrow.  If not I have to wait an extra day haha

It says August 1st for the trial when I tried to open it today.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

0785b8a228a427247719cbed06eb09e0.png

It's tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

People have nothing to compare this game to. Most people find it awful that I know of, but people that never played 2K or any other game don't know how bad Madden is these days. They don't even try anymore.

It's an NFL game bro. You can putout absolute hot garbage with no competition and it will always be a top seller.

That's a solid point, but it is way more than that.  See, people need to understand the average person who plays games doesn't care about a lot of the issues that people complain about on forums.  The average joe who is 23 years old and works an 8 hour shift will come home from work, take a shower, eat dinner and play maybe one game of Madden then turn the game off. 

Call of Duty is a shooter and that genre has a hell of a lot of competition.  As someone who watches Twitch, YouTube and reads forums.... there are a lot of hardcore CoD players that have complained about the game endlessly over the past six years.  YET, the game is still the best selling game of the year.  Call of Duty WWII, a game that many hardcores complained about, was the #1 selling game of the past year.  Why?  Because the average joe (the overwhelming MAJORITY of people) don't care.  They don't care that CoD WWII shipped with a bare minimum amount of maps, that the killstreaks suck, the weapon balance is terrible, the bugs and glitches in the game.  All they do is get on with friends and have a blast playing the game.

Do you know that the overwhelming majority of NFL fans aren't apart of any internet forums?  They don't read forums about sports, they don't actually know much about sports.  The average NFL fan just watches the sport casually.  They don't care that the commish is hated amongst a lot of people, or that the Patriots supposedly cheated, the game has changed and the rules are 'softer', or who the best QB in the league is between Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.  The majority of people don't care about any of that. 

People who post on forums, become apart of online communities, and seek out additional knowledge/strats for a video game are more on the hardcore side.  A side that is a small amount of the population who buys these games.  It's just that they seem loud because we read these things.  The people who don't care and LOVE the game don't even post or read forums. 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

0785b8a228a427247719cbed06eb09e0.png

It's tomorrow!

I know that's the date, I just found it interesting because it was published everywhere that it was August 2nd.  That's awesome, though.  You two enjoy the game!

EDIT:  Here's one of the pictures

Madden-NFL-19-Pre-Order-Bonuses-EA-Origi

22 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Personally I'm more hyped for this madden than I have been in recent years. Some fundamental changes to franchise and team building in a positive direction do it for me

This is how I am right now.  Honestly wasn't planning on buying this initially and I could still change my mind (I have EA Access, although mainly because I'm too lazy to cancel the subscription) after the "free" 10-hour trial they give.  However, franchise mode looks better.  Not NBA 2K level yet, but improved.  Ditto with the game-play.  The presentation still needs improvement but I could see myself getting a lot of entertainment out of this game.  I'm mainly an online PVP and offline franchise player.  I love MUT, but there are so many challenges that the grind gets tiring after 2-3 weeks.

31 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

10 minutes in and the game has already crashed for me on PC, and when I go into practice mode the damn thing is stuttering nonstop....This feels like a damn alpha build.

Damn, that's unfortunate.  I'm assuming your PC is good enough to run the game properly?

Yep, downloading mine now!

I think I'm gonna try to mess around with the Giants first.  That team should be fun.  Barkley is gonna be a monster in the game (92 speed, 94 agility, 93 acceleration, 83 trucking, 91 juke) plus you still have Beckham, Shephard, and Engram to throw it to.

4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Yep, downloading mine now!

I think I'm gonna try to mess around with the Giants first.  That team should be fun.  Barkley is gonna be a monster in the game (92 speed, 94 agility, 93 acceleration, 83 trucking, 91 juke) plus you still have Beckham, Shephard, and Engram to throw it to.

Sweet.  All you need is a QB to actually throw those guys the football and you're set haha

:P 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Damn, that's unfortunate.  I'm assuming your PC is good enough to run the game properly?

Yeah I have a gaming PC.

The issue I think was that by default it sets the frame rate to "auto" which is broken because it is constantly trying to switch it between 30 and 60 fps while you're playing, making the game stutter every half second. I turned it to no limit and now it's fine.

28 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah I have a gaming PC.

The issue I think was that by default it sets the frame rate to "auto" which is broken because it is constantly trying to switch it between 30 and 60 fps while you're playing, making the game stutter every half second. I turned it to no limit and now it's fine.

You scared me into thinking it's gonna be broken when I get home from work lol

I did except there would be some issues being the first PC release in a while though

Archived