Madden 19

MacReady

24 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's going to take some time, but eventually people will find the best running plays and people will develop defenses to stop different formations/running plays.

One thing I have noticed is that the defender who is in the purple or light blue shade in a cover 3 or cover 2 defense will not jump up and bad the ball down if you try to spam out routes.  That's a pretty huge change because that route has been so good for a long time.

I also noticed this year that out routes are MUCH better than flat routes. You can almost always just spam quick out routes and get 5-10 yards without any trouble.

57 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

I never really had any problems running. Every year though, I start off slow. Of course, some games are different than others. I've had some terrible running games against the computer and against other players. It depends on the play calling from both sides. I do run a lot out of the shotgun though, maybe that's why? But, I run out of I form, etc From stretch plays to toss plays. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and I'm ok with that. I'll be happy to grind out the 4 yard runs. Mostly playing on all-pro or all-madden with sliders for realism.

I pretty much ran exclusively out of the shotgun in Madden 18 because the formation was so dominant.  I tried it last night in Madden 19 and the CPU was stuffing it every time.

I just played against a guy who was really good as a runner.  He was using the Patriots and I was the Rams.  Even though I have a monstrous defensive line, he almost always picked the right holes to run thorugh.  Really close game.  I only beat him because I was up by four points in the fourth quarter and he had to throw it.  Tried forcing it to Gronk on two possessions and I user picked him both times.

The one complaint I have with this game is that I wish user defenders were much more fluid like they were on the Xbox 360.  I still need to get used to how slow and sluggest defenders are in this game. 

29 minutes ago, showtime said:

I just played against a guy who was really good as a runner.  He was using the Patriots and I was the Rams.  Even though I have a monstrous defensive line, he almost always picked the right holes to run thorugh.  Really close game.  I only beat him because I was up by four points in the fourth quarter and he had to throw it.  Tried forcing it to Gronk on two possessions and I user picked him both times.

The one complaint I have with this game is that I wish user defenders were much more fluid like they were on the Xbox 360.  I still need to get used to how slow and sluggest defenders are in this game. 

I'm glad you brought this up, because that's actually one of my bright spots this year compared to last year. Linebackers were slow as hell last year, and this year it feels faster and you feel like you have more range.

I still think the usering overall on defense is very clunky and awkward and it's hard to change direction or even get to the right spot, but it's still better than it was last year where you really couldn't cover anyone in space with a linebacker, no matter how fast they were.

I'm hoping that over time I will get used to the user movement defensively.  I'm still getting beat too many times where I can't change direction as fast as I want/need to.  I guess that's more realistic and makes it to where you can't really take out a single player every single snap of the game.

24 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm hoping that over time I will get used to the user movement defensively.  I'm still getting beat too many times where I can't change direction as fast as I want/need to.  I guess that's more realistic and makes it to where you can't really take out a single player every single snap of the game.

Actually, I think that's a good thing. I hate when people just play as one guy and roam on defense. It's so annoying and unrealistic when playing. I get it when people cheese with their offensive plays. But, if you don't and play normal it's so frustrating. You shouldn't be able to change direction on a dime or faster cause it doesn't really happen like that. Maybe with elite elite.

16 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

Actually, I think that's a good thing. I hate when people just play as one guy and roam on defense. It's so annoying and unrealistic when playing. I get it when people cheese with their offensive plays. But, if you don't and play normal it's so frustrating. You shouldn't be able to change direction on a dime or faster cause it doesn't really happen like that. Maybe with elite elite.

Completely agree. We talked about this before and I had said that I would be totally cool if COD was turned down in sim mode and turned up in arcade mode. If I call a double move with a tight end and the user LB guesses wrong, I expect to complete the pass. 

Okay so, I need some feedback on this.

I'm playing in an online game.  I have the Vikings and my opponent has the Chargers.  I call a 4 WR set, three receivers on the right side, one on the left.  I have Stefon Diggs 1v1 with Jason Verrett.  I see this and I call an out route.  It was 3rd and 10, so I audible Diggs to run a 10 yard out route and I'm thinking this will be an easy completion.  As Diggs runs 10 yards and cuts, I'm expecting him to get separation from Verrett, but Verrett reads the play like a book and intercepts the pass.

I have never in my life seen man coverage (my opponent called a basic 2 man under) and a CB follow a WR on an out route.  Ever.  Verrett broke on the cut by Diggs perfectly.

So I'm thinking to myself... Man, that was just lucky.  I try a similar play, but to the other side.  Diggs 1v1 against Casey Hayward.  Again.  The CB reads the route like a book and gets an interception.  I'm literally sitting here at this point with my mouth open... I've never seen this before. 

In ever Madden I've ever played in my life.  Out routes are always EASY completions vs man coverage.  The WR always gets separation when he makes his cut during the route.  It doesn't matter who the WR or CB is in this case.  This is always money in 1v1 man coverage.

I'm literally shocked by this.  This is really awesome, though.  What I'm curious about is, can all CB's do this or just really good ones?  Obviously Hayward is an amazing CB and Verrett is very very good as well.  Both of them have good man coverage ratings (Hayward 91, Verrett 87).  Hayward also has 97 play recognition and 97 awareness.  I'm going into practice mode vs a bad team to see if this is consistent vs bad CBs.

Has anyone else seen a CB read an out route like that in man coverage?  

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Okay so, I need some feedback on this.

I'm playing in an online game.  I have the Vikings and my opponent has the Chargers.  I call a 4 WR set, three receivers on the right side, one on the left.  I have Stefon Diggs 1v1 with Jason Verrett.  I see this and I call an out route.  It was 3rd and 10, so I audible Diggs to run a 10 yard out route and I'm thinking this will be an easy completion.  As Diggs runs 10 yards and cuts, I'm expecting him to get separation from Verrett, but Verrett reads the play like a book and intercepts the pass.

I have never in my life seen man coverage (my opponent called a basic 2 man under) and a CB follow a WR on an out route.  Ever.  Verrett broke on the cut by Diggs perfectly.

So I'm thinking to myself... Man, that was just lucky.  I try a similar play, but to the other side.  Diggs 1v1 against Casey Hayward.  Again.  The CB reads the route like a book and gets an interception.  I'm literally sitting here at this point with my mouth open... I've never seen this before. 

In ever Madden I've ever played in my life.  Out routes are always EASY completions vs man coverage.  The WR always gets separation when he makes his cut during the route.  It doesn't matter who the WR or CB is in this case.  This is always money in 1v1 man coverage.

I'm literally shocked by this.  This is really awesome, though.  What I'm curious about is, can all CB's do this or just really good ones?  Obviously Hayward is an amazing CB and Verrett is very very good as well.  Both of them have good man coverage ratings (Hayward 91, Verrett 87).  Hayward also has 97 play recognition and 97 awareness.  I'm going into practice mode vs a bad team to see if this is consistent vs bad CBs.

Has anyone else seen a CB read an out route like that in man coverage?  

I just went into practice mode and tried this.  I picked the Vikings and practiced against the Browns.  The CB I was throwing against was E.J. Gaines (who is terrible) and my WR got separation on every single out route.  Every one.  Next I went against the Jaguars and threw against Jalen Ramsey.  Literally every single pass I threw, Ramsey beat my WR on the cut during the out route.  Ramsey intercepted every pass or knocked the ball down.  My WR never caught one pass on him and Ramsey was never fooled on the out route.  

Holy hell, man.  This is game changing.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That seems intriguing. I do like it when CB's play to their actual ratings. What is Diggs' route running?

I looked at it before I went into practice mode.  I believe he is a 90 overall and the route running is broken up into three different parts (short routes, medium routes and deep routes).  His route running is in the low 90's in all of those aspects, I believe.  I continued to do it a few more times and Diggs fought with Ramsey.  There was one pass later on where he had to dive for it and he caught the pass as Ramsey dove for it as well.  It's pretty crazy.

As far as E.J. Gaines is concerned, he got burned on the cut every time.  It was just like the old times.  The way Gaines was getting beat on that route is how every single CB used to always get beat.  

I lost that online match.  I was down 21-0 in the first quarter.  Fumble return for a TD on opening kick off, Verrett pick 6 and Hayward pick 6.  That was cool as hell, though. I learned a lot from that game.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I looked at it before I went into practice mode.  I believe he is a 90 overall and the route running is broken up into three different parts (short routes, medium routes and deep routes).  His route running is in the low 90's in all of those aspects, I believe.  I continued to do it a few more times and Diggs fought with Ramsey.  There was one pass later on where he had to dive for it and he caught the pass as Ramsey dove for it as well.  It's pretty crazy.

As far as E.J. Gaines is concerned, he got burned on the cut every time.  It was just like the old times.  The way Gaines was getting beat on that route is how every single CB used to always get beat.  

I lost that online match.  I was down 21-0 in the first quarter.  Fumble return for a TD on opening kick off, Verrett pick 6 and Hayward pick 6.  That was cool as hell, though. I learned a lot from that game.

Usually the cut off for running those precise out routes is 94 overall route running (meaning 95+ will get you unbeatable). Try it with AB vs. Ramsey and let me know how it goes.

Also, was this just in 2 man under with the stock press, or with off coverage too?

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Usually the cut off for running those precise out routes is 94 overall route running (meaning 95+ will get you unbeatable). Try it with AB vs. Ramsey and let me know how it goes.

Also, was this just in 2 man under with the stock press, or with off coverage too?

I played it with just normal 2 man under.  I'll try it with Brown vs Ramsey.

Archived