Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

38 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

You call my post bad but then you go and try and downplay an incredible Superbowl winning season to the Rams' one and done and say that they both have "enjoyed a year of similar success (but uh like Eagles had just a TINY LITTLE WEENCY BIT of success doe)".

Yeah ok buddy. 

If you’re going to quote...at least quote correctly. I said they both had success. Nothing about “similar”, which is kind of a big difference. Both teams missed the playoffs in 2016 and made it in 2017. The Eagles obviously made it further and won the championship. 

Doesnt really take away from the hypocrisy you were spewing. Your post is bad because you talk about regression to the mean trying to discount LA, but not for Philly. Or apparently, after a single season, Philly has established a winning culture, but LA hasn’t. Or maybe now you’re saying “LA hasn’t even done anything before this year” when the Eagles didn’t either. It’s garbage all the way around. 

Sorry to burst your bubble. Eagles are reigning champs, be happy instead of whiny.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Or you just hear the stories about how closely knit this team. Small stories coming out seemingly every week that express how close it is.

And let me guess, because you personally don’t know that about the Rams, they don’t have one?

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

If you’re going to quote...at least quote correctly. I said they both had success. Nothing about “similar”, which is kind of a big difference. Both teams missed the playoffs in 2016 and made it in 2017. The Eagles obviously made it further and won the championship. 

Doesnt really take away from the hypocrisy you were spewing. Your post is bad because you talk about regression to the mean trying to discount LA, but not for Philly. Or apparently, after a single season, Philly has established a winning culture, but LA hasn’t. Or maybe now you’re saying “LA hasn’t even done anything before this year” when the Eagles didn’t either. It’s garbage all the way around. 

Sorry to burst your bubble. Eagles are reigning champs, be happy instead of whiny.

And let me guess, because you personally don’t know that about the Rams, they don’t have one?

Exactly. We are the Champs right now.

Idc what we or LA did 2 years ago. I care about the now. And right now, we are the SB champions who have gotten better this offseason. While the Rams are a talented young team coming off a good season, but a disappointing season nonetheless in that they didnt win a playoff game. 

I get it, they added Talib and Peters. But they havent done much else of note at all. They have their OL back in tact. One that is relying on a 35 year old to continue to anchor it in Whitworth. They lost their #1 WR. Watkins may not have put up the stats, but he was very important for McVay and co in drawing coverage and opening things up for the other guys. Now they are going to be trotting out a couple of #2/#3 WRs as their top two starters. I dont know how well that is going to work. And i already covered earlier why I think their defense is getting laughably overrated. They basically decided that depth and strength at every position isnt important. Despite watching teams like Minny and Philly show just how valuable depth is. If the Rams lose their #1 CB (like we did for most all of the season) or their LT (like we did) or their MLB and anchor of their defense (if they had one bc i dont see one on that team) or god forbid they lose Goff, then theyre screwed. 

Cant stress enough how important it is to have a deep roster. People thought our coaches were nuts when they didnt bat an eye after losing Peters then Hicks and then Wentz. But the coaches had the last laugh there bc they knew then what we learned later on, which is that the guys behind them were able to come in and play just fine. 

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

Exactly. We are the Champs right now.

Idc what we or LA did 2 years ago. I care about the now. And right now, we are the SB champions who have gotten better this offseason. While the Rams are a talented young team coming off a good season, but a disappointing season nonetheless in that they didnt win a playoff game.

I doubt any Rams fan is disappointed in their season. And you were the one to bring up 2016, @Broncofan responded to your post. 

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

I get it, they added Talib and Peters. But they havent done much else of note at all. They have their OL back in tact. One that is relying on a 35 year old to continue to anchor it in Whitworth. They lost their #1 WR. Watkins may not have put up the stats, but he was very important for McVay and co in drawing coverage and opening things up for the other guys. Now they are going to be trotting out a couple of #2/#3 WRs as their top two starters. I dont know how well that is going to work. And i already covered earlier why I think their defense is getting laughably overrated. They basically decided that depth and strength at every position isnt important. Despite watching teams like Minny and Philly show just how valuable depth is. If the Rams lose their #1 CB (like we did for most all of the season) or their LT (like we did) or their MLB and anchor of their defense (if they had one bc i dont see one on that team) or god forbid they lose Goff, then theyre screwed. 

Cant stress enough how important it is to have a deep roster. People thought our coaches were nuts when they didnt bat an eye after losing Peters then Hicks and then Wentz. But the coaches had the last laugh there bc they knew then what we learned later on, which is that the guys behind them were able to come in and play just fine. 

Yeah, I don’t really have a problem with any of that (except the Watkins part, he wasn’t their #1 receiver at all). I agree that the Eagles have one of, if not the deepest rosters in the NFL. They’re deeper than LA at most positions. 

My problems were: 

A) Eagles have a winning culture, Rams don’t. It’s been one season of success for both teams. 

B) LA will suffer from regression to the mean. Eagles won’t. 

C) Rams aren’t threatening because they had no success before 2017. Neither did Philly.

Aside from that, I have no problems with anyone saying Philly’s the favorite in the NFC. I think it’s a tight race across the board and without thinking on it too hard, I’d probably pick them too. But you can express that without downplaying the other teams in a hypocritical manner - as you’ve done with a majority of your other posts. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Can we all agree that the Eagles and Rams futures are very bright. Both teams were criticized for trading up to get Goff and Wentz and now both teams are praised for not only having made those moves but other moves to make their teams window for success wide open for many many years to come.

Ill just say, the Goff v Wentz rivalry has began. Great round one unfortunately Wentz got hurt but the game was everything plus some. Looking forward to round two this upcoming season and hopefully a round three in the playoffs this upcoming season as well. 

Yes both teams seem like they will be good for awhile. 
But are in this great window where they don't have to give like half of the cap to their QBs yet. 

Our game last year lived up to the hype.

I'm interested to see how Goff and McVay evolve year 2, he's a smart guy...so will be interesting to see how he staves off the sophomore slump where teams start to figure you out a little bit more. Eagles did it well last year obviously, so no reason to think the Rams won't. 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Yes both teams seem like they will be good for awhile. 
But are in this great window where they don't have to give like half of the cap to their QBs yet. 

Our game last year lived up to the hype.

I'm interested to see how Goff and McVay evolve year 2, he's a smart guy...so will be interesting to see how he staves off the sophomore slump where teams start to figure you out a little bit more. Eagles did it well last year obviously, so no reason to think the Rams won't. 

I think the Rams offense might not be quite as good as it was (meaning top 3), but still will be very good. 

The defense is where Im concerned more for them. Because of the reasons I listed above...Like the lack of depth, or outside pass rush, or LBers....

9 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I think the Rams offense might not be quite as good as it was (meaning top 3), but still will be very good. 

The defense is where Im concerned more for them. Because of the reasons I listed above...Like the lack of depth, or outside pass rush, or LBers....

You're concerned about our defense? Seriously?

If we sign Suh, we have a very deep DL and a very deep secondary going into the Draft. We can focus on filling out the LB spot. This is such a silly criticism.

I think the Eagles, Vikings and Rams are all relatively "good culture teams" at the top of the pack in the NFC.
The Eagles have very outwardly projected a family and faith based culture and are very very close in the locker room and outside the building.
A lot of guys love Doug just like a lot of Vikings players adore Zimmer like they do Wade.
I don't know any anecdotes about the Rams, but I'm sure there are plenty.

Winning breeds that stuff

I think the only culture that really has this huge decade long impact is a Ownership and GM culture....because thats the stuff that craters teams.
Teams that like to cut corners, not question the "why's" of the world or be influenced by fan optics are pretty doomed.
Winning makes most locker room works, and you don't really know you have a good locker room until you take your lumps and have to fight back.

29 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

They basically decided that depth and strength at every position isnt important. Despite watching teams like Minny and Philly show just how valuable depth is. If the Rams lose their #1 CB (like we did for most all of the season) or their LT (like we did) or their MLB and anchor of their defense (if they had one bc i dont see one on that team) or god forbid they lose Goff, then theyre screwed. 

Are you on crack? We haven't even had the Draft yet. We just added Ramik Wilson as ILB depth today. FA isn't over. How in the hell can you comment on our depth before we've had a chance to address it?

And it is LAUGHABLE that you think we'd be in trouble if we lost our #1 CB. Our CB depth chart is currently:

Marcus Peters

Aqib Talib

Nickell Robey-Coleman

Sam Shields

Kayvon Webster

Troy Hill

Webster was our #2 CB last year and gave us solid play. Hill stepped up after Webster's injury and had a great game as our #2 CB against Atlanta. We have arguably the deepest group of CBs in the NFL. We're going to address LB in the Draft and won't be lacking in depth their either. Our defense won't lack depth after the Draft. And from all reports, we'll also be addressing our OL depth too.

While the Rams are a talented young team coming off a good season, but a disappointing season nonetheless in that they didnt win a playoff game. 

I don't know of a single Rams fan who is disappointed with how our season went.

They lost their #1 WR. Watkins may not have put up the stats, but he was very important for McVay and co in drawing coverage and opening things up for the other guys.

We lost our #3 WR.

If Mcbabe didn’t just run the ball instead of throwing it that Philly game would have been a different story.. Credit to Chris Long and I’m glad Sean was going for the throat.. 

And that Fumble by Kupp was crucial vs Mn. Point is that the Rams can go blow for blow with these 2 best teams and they killed the saints.. The rams had a tough schedule last year and iron sharpens iron.. They’ll be even better.. People forget just how bad everyone bashed Goff and produced at an incredible rate.

he’ll get better.. The rams had a great year last year.. They’re such a young team as well.. That the arrow is pointed up and boast the best RB in the NFL along with the best defensive player. 

And yes Donald is just one man.. But he’s the only one you need.. I still LOL at some of the calls the eagles got against the rams. Like that Flag on Tru was so freaking bad. The rams are there.. They’re on that level. That was year 1.. can’t wait for year 2 

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

The Rams look on the upswing. Sure. Absolutely. But they have far more question marks and holes than either of the aforementioned teams. Like their complete lack of a front 7. Unless you think Donald and Brockers with a bunch of JAGs is some sort of awesome unit. But I dont.  Because as great as he is,Donald is one player. You need depth up front. Bodies to throw and throw at the opposing OL. The Eagles showed just how important it is to have 4 or 5 guys who can rush the QB. Because when you put 5 guys out there on DL, the opponents OL is losing 10/10 times. Their weakest link is going to have to try and block the other teams best player, as you cant double team anyone. 

Sacks in 2017:

Rams - 48

Philly - 38

The Rams are returning every DL and Edge except for Robert Quinn. But they might be adding Suh (we'll see) and will likely spend their first pick on an Edge (Landry, Hubbard, etc.). If we add Suh, we've already made up for Quinn. If we add Suh and a top Edge in the Draft, we've gotten better. You don't seem like you know much about our team. Oh and I forgot, Dominique Easley is also coming back (although, there's a 50/50 chance he ends up on IR by Week 4).

I think it's ok to criticize problems until they are addressed, as long as you are then willing to give credit when they do get attention.

Otherwise what do we do this whole offseason or any offseason?

Rams will be good, they were already pretty good last year. 
They could be a better team and still have the same record, Just like both the vikings, Saints, Eagles and all these teams in the NFC we are looking at to repeat.
THe only advantage the Eagles have is a weaker division compared to the other 3. But we have a tough schedule like everyone.

22 minutes ago, El ramster said:

If Mcbabe didn’t just run the ball instead of throwing it that Philly game would have been a different story.. Credit to Chris Long and I’m glad Sean was going for the throat.. 

And that Fumble by Kupp was crucial vs Mn. Point is that the Rams can go blow for blow with these 2 best teams and they killed the saints.. The rams had a tough schedule last year and iron sharpens iron.. They’ll be even better.. People forget just how bad everyone bashed Goff and produced at an incredible rate.

he’ll get better.. The rams had a great year last year.. They’re such a young team as well.. That the arrow is pointed up and boast the best RB in the NFL along with the best defensive player. 

And yes Donald is just one man.. But he’s the only one you need.. I still LOL at some of the calls the eagles got against the rams. Like that Flag on Tru was so freaking bad. The rams are there.. They’re on that level. That was year 1.. can’t wait for year 2 

Any fan says the same kind of thing about any game (or games in this case) they took the L in.

They got beat, that's it. Do they lose 10 out of 10 times last year those two games? No probably not.
But it was no better than 50% and both our teams were built in a way that matched up well.

I mean..It made sense why Mcvay went to throw like that, get the ball out quick to protect Goffy. Not run into a highly rated rush D, and try to keep the score high cause the Rams weren't stopping the Eagles O. Yea he should've not made it so obvious...but it happens.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I mean..It made sense why Mcvay went to throw like that, get the ball out quick to protect Goffy. Not run into a highly rated rush D, and try to keep the score high cause the Rams weren't stopping the Eagles O. Yea he should've not made it so obvious...but it happens.

What? First of all, Gurley was averaging over 7 yards per carry in that game. Second of all, he didn't call a play to get the ball out quickly. He called a long-developing play-action passing play on the play after Rob Havenstein got injured. Our backup OT is the one who gave up the strip-sack. I love McVay's aggressiveness, but he made a bad decision there. And he admitted as much. But he's a young coach. He'll learn. 

Well this thread blows.

Congrats guys. Rams blah blegh blegh

Iggles. Blegh blegh blegh

Like two barfing crash test dummies competing who can barf more.

Too bad crash test dummies don't even have stomachs to up chuck from.

Too darned ed ed bad

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

What? First of all, Gurley was averaging over 7 yards per carry in that game. Second of all, he didn't call a play to get the ball out quickly. He called a long-developing play-action passing play on the play after Rob Havenstein got injured. Our backup OT is the one who gave up the strip-sack. I love McVay's aggressiveness, but he made a bad decision there. And he admitted as much. But he's a young coach. He'll learn. 

I was about to say. Gurley was making love to them. 

Archived