Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

Ian Rapoport just tweeted Suh cancelled his meeting with the Raiders and that the Rams left a strong impression. Narrowed his options down to Titans, Saints, and Rams. Of those 3, we have to be the favorite: Bigger market, Wade Phillips, chance to play next to Donald, , his strength and conditioning coach from Detroit/Miami is with the Rams, best Super Bowl chance. Signing a top tier player in FA for less money for the chance to win a Super Bowl is a Patriots type move!

Donald next to Suh simply wouldn't be fair. I've never witnessed in my days as a Dolphins fan an interior DL who saw double teams as consistently as Suh did.

If the Rams have DEs that are at least average, they should eat eat eat.

53 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Donald next to Suh simply wouldn't be fair. I've never witnessed in my days as a Dolphins fan an interior DL who saw double teams as consistently as Suh did.

If the Rams have DEs that are at least average, they should eat eat eat.

Donald and Brockers are the DE's, technically. Edge guys are a big hole on the roster.

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I like where NYJ is headed, but if I'm a WR, and I have to decide between Russell Wilson vs. rookie QB/Can't-stay-healthy-backup-QB's-filling-in, is this really a choice?  Has to be the $ difference between SEA & NYJ.

Look at the DBs he’d have to face. PP in Arizona, Sherman in SF and Talib/Peters all twice a year playing in Seattle. Might influence a free agent WR.

14 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Look at the DBs he’d have to face. PP in Arizona, Sherman in SF and Talib/Peters all twice a year playing in Seattle. Might influence a free agent WR.

The only one that influences me in his case is LAR.  Baldwin and even Lockett probably draw those guys (except LAR they both probably just play sides with NRC in the slot).   Now I suppose Jaron Brown makes it look crowded in SEA moreso than NYJ esp. with Robbie Anderson’s legal troubles.     But I prefer the QB who will sling it a lot and isn’t afraid to spread it around either. 

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The only one that influences me in his case is LAR.  Baldwin and even Lockett probably draw those guys (except LAR they both probably just play sides with NRC in the slot).   Now I suppose Jaron Brown makes it look crowded in SEA moreso than NYJ esp. with Robbie Anderson’s legal troubles.     But I prefer the QB who will sling it a lot and isn’t afraid to spread it around either. 

Wasn't one of the bigger issues for him in Washington though that Cousins spread it around so much?  Now, clearly part of that was due to not being able to stay on the field (9 games played, only two started), but he had 37 targets on the year, versus the breakout year in Cleveland where he was pushing 10 targets/gm.  He's one of those volume type receivers.  Now, I have no idea who the Jets' starting QB is going to be, but of the two options currently there right now (Teddy and McCown) both are the type to ride one favorite target pretty heavily (Teddy did it with Diggs whenever the pair of them were healthy; McCown did it with both Enunwa and later Robbie Anderson).  Meanwhile, Baldwin is Russ' volume receiver - the chemistry is clear and so is the trust.

I suppose it would really depend on if both teams are offering yet another 1-year prove-it deal or if one of them is offering a multi-year deal. 

15 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Wasn't one of the bigger issues for him in Washington though that Cousins spread it around so much?  Now, clearly part of that was due to not being able to stay on the field (9 games played, only two started), but he had 37 targets on the year, versus the breakout year in Cleveland where he was pushing 10 targets/gm.  He's one of those volume type receivers.  Now, I have no idea who the Jets' starting QB is going to be, but of the two options currently there right now (Teddy and McCown) both are the type to ride one favorite target pretty heavily (Teddy did it with Diggs whenever the pair of them were healthy; McCown did it with both Enunwa and later Robbie Anderson).  Meanwhile, Baldwin is Russ' volume receiver - the chemistry is clear and so is the trust.

I suppose it would really depend on if both teams are offering yet another 1-year prove-it deal or if one of them is offering a multi-year deal. 

Pryor’s biggest problem was he sucked hard last year.  Couldn’t win one on one for 50-50 balls and beat press where he did routinely the year before.   Apparently played all year with ankle injury since week 2.  I don’t blame Cousins Pryor really didn’t deserve the targets.  To his credit Pryor took full responsibility when the Skins benched him for....Ryan Grant (insert ankle & Grant joke here) 

He’d have more opportunity in NYJ on paper but I actually think he’d still be the 3 option there too behind Enunwa and Anderson (who surely has to miss time but doubt it’s season or career ending).  

In the end though it’s probably about the $. 

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Ian Rapoport just tweeted Suh cancelled his meeting with the Raiders and that the Rams left a strong impression. Narrowed his options down to Titans, Saints, and Rams. Of those 3, we have to be the favorite: Bigger market, Wade Phillips, chance to play next to Donald, , his strength and conditioning coach from Detroit/Miami is with the Rams, best Super Bowl chance. Signing a top tier player in FA for less money for the chance to win a Super Bowl is a Patriots type move!

They're saying the Rams made a strong impression because the visit just happened, not that they made the strongest impression. After the Saints visit he IGed that he really liked it down there and was excited about his opportunity. It was also reported that he loved Sean P and our Dennis Allen. If Saints get Suh they are just as much favorites as the Rams would be. In Nola, he plays next to a top DE Cam Jordan with Alex Okafor and Rankins filling out the line and a strong young secondary with the DROY. On top of that, Brees is a seasoned QB with playoff experience and one ring already. I think honestly LA and NOLA are neck in neck in terms of opportunity, chances of success and available cap space. I think LA takes the edge with marketing opportunities, playing next to Donald, and his ties with coaches. I think NOLA takes the edge with a more experienced offense with more career success, a dominant DE to play next to, and a stronger fan base.

I really dont see Suh realistically going to the LA Rams. 

I think he is using them (obvi just my theory but it has plenty of plausibility) as leverage against Tennessee and/or NO. Or using NO and LAR to make Tennessee pay him out the arse. Because idk how NO has the cap to sign him. 

Anyone that thinks Suh is going to take anything less than 10-12 million a year is nuts. He isnt taking a discount to chase a ring.  He literally has been open about his business like approach in football. He is a business man, who is great at what he does, and maximizes that talent to make as much money as possible.

Anyway even if he was going to be serious about going to chase a ring, then he would absolutely have visited Philly or NE. Obviously it probably wasnt super serious, but when he saw us practice last off-season he made a comment about how hed play on the team for free because of how impressive the culture/players/enviroment etc was. 

But lets say realistically that the Rams are a serious suitor. So what kind of "discount" would Suh get? The Rams have 30 million in cap. And people make the mistake of looking at cap room and not factoring in players that have already been resigned or signed or players that will need to be resigned within 1-3 years. LA has to pay literally two players contracts that will likely have to be top AAV and guaranteed figures amongst their positions (Gurley and Donald). Then you have Joyner who is playing under the tag and will need a new deal. And Goff after that. And Peters. 

Then, theres the whole problem of Donald. The Rams and Donald have been negotiating a new deal for like almost a year now and still havent worked out a new deal. So how would Donald feel, after having made only 1.9 million in 2017 and will make 6.9 million in 2018, if his team signs Suh to something like 3 years/40 million/24 guaranteed or something like that. Because 13 mil a year is about the low end of what Suh would probably ever consider to play for a contender (also remember that he will be taking the state taxes into account too. Because going from FL who has no state income taxes, to California, is a big difference and not in a good way for Suh). So the Rams are gonna commit that kind of money to a 31 year old Suh, when they havent even paid their own guy in Donald? And people think Donald wouldnt be upset about that? Please. Gimme a break.

Just like it is for us Eagles fans, Suh is a pipedream for LA. Its not happening.

As someone whose team will likely have to compete against both the Rams and Saints for supremacy of the NFC, I actually would be happy if one of them got Suh. Especially LA. 

Because i am someone who just witnessed firsthand how crucial team culture and locker room culture are. I just think if the Rams add Suh that they are basically going to be a mess internally. They would have a team (defense really) full of these new guys who literally have been serious concerns on or off the field for their teams for years. Suh is a guy who is going to walk into that locker room and immediately think "Im the man, Im the best player here, and yall better acknowledge that". Hows that gonna bode well for their young stars like Donald or LMJ or Goff? And not to mention their HC, despite being an incredible football mind, has zero evidence showing that he is someone who can build a team first, winning culture that The Pats and Eagles have. 

Archived