Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Given how 30% said they're watching less NFL because of the kneeling...

I don't like the kneeling either, but the first time a fumble gets returned for a Touchdown with less than a minute left, the fans of that team will be even MORE mad.

15 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Who still has a ton of cap room to sign some of these big name guys?

Top teams according to a Spotrac search are:

1. Colts

2. Browns

3. Jets

4. Titans

5. Bears

6. 49ers

7. Buccs

8. Texans

Assuming thats up to date. I checked another site and the same 8 teams are there just different order

19 hours ago, jrry32 said:

You can't question if revenue is going up in the NFL. The salary cap is tied to revenue. The players get a percentage of the revenue, and the salary cap is determined by their cut. The salary cap just went up. That means revenues are going up. And I won't get back into the other topic.

Also the NFL is the only league with a publicly owned franchise. The Packers have to release all their numbers to the public at their Shareholders meeting before camp. In that release is the revenue they received from the league, gives you a strong idea the financial health of the league when that number is released. 

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So who are the biggest/best names left?

Eric Reid

Suh

Hankins

Who else?

Some "names" still left (includes guys who probably aren't very good any more, but are some notable names nonetheless) - 

• EJ Gaines is maybe the most notable based on performance last season
  • Bashaud Breeland (failed physical with Carolina)
  • Jack Mewhort (can't stay healthy, but when he is, he's kind of okay)
  • Jordan Matthews
  • Kenny Vaccaro
  • Terrell Pryor
  • Morgan Burnett
  • Eric Ebron
  • Navorro Bowman
  • Junior Gallette 
  • Bennie Logan 
  • Demarco Murray (I think he's done)
  • Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
  • Jeremy Maclin
  • Quinton Demps (underrated I think, but the safety market has been brutal)
  • Eric Decker
  • Elvis Dumervil 
  • Adrian Peterson
  • Frank Gore
  • DJ Fluker
  • Luke Joekel
  • Korey Toomer
  • Ross Cockrell (any zone heavy team should look into him)
  • Michael Floyd
  • Orleans Darkwa 

There are a lot of solid depth players and interesting guys available too like Eli Rogers, Damien Williams, etc

41 minutes ago, Forge said:
  • EJ Gaines is maybe the most notable based on performance last season
  • Bashaud Breeland (failed physical with Carolina)

The hot rumor early on was Gaines to Houston, but that talk died down after Colvin was signed. He'd still be a huge asset in a secondary.

Breeland would be a nice pickup, but will be interesting to see why he failed his physical.

On 3/17/2018 at 6:14 AM, Broncofan said:

Yeah the hip is why I’d only do a 1-year prove-it deal.  Just not a lot out there to upgrade C.  Always the draft too just that if the C is the play caller for line blocking that takes longer than G to learn.  

I wouldn't mind it for them if they do that 1-year prove-it deal and draft a center.  Buy them some time to not force a center immediately into action (or to just find the optimal combination of who at what position between Lamp, Feeney, ??Rookie??).  If Pouncey manages to stay healthy and shows out, let someone else pay him out that big "last contract."

Archived