Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

6 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Didn't watch him last year. But if that's true, they still have to wonder if they are buying at an all-time high or after a true breakout.

Agreed 100%. The Raiders need all the talent we can get, especially at CB. So this risk is not that big of a shock imo. I read we are in contract talks and want to word it so we protect ourselves if he gets injured (of course).

Fingers crossed.

6 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Why would the Seahawks just let Richardson walk after trading Kearse and 2nd for him??? Doesn't make sound sense.

Why did they blow up their entire team instead of just fixing the O-line?

Don't know what the Seahawks are doing.

20 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

It’s called a franchise tag. 

They seem to have a hard cap on what they were offering him. I thought I saw that they were offering him 11 million?  The tag would have cost 14. I mean, kudos to them for not letting the sunk cost of a second alter their position I guess, but at the same time, I just would have eaten the other 3 for the much shorter investment and kept him on. Kind of a weird play by the Seahawks to be honest. I don't know why they drew a line in the sand there. 

21 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

It’s called a franchise tag. 

Not using a franchise tag /= voluntarily letting him walk.

The most accurate way to answer his question is to mention Seattle is still doing what they can to sign him to a contract.

8 hours ago, sp6488 said:

This isn't from a short story about a family staying in a hotel is it?  

I realized after posting that the actual image (i.e. the pipe and the fez involved a tiger and not a bear), but I believe the bear on the tricycle... might have been from said short story.  Though in the film adaptation that bear was doing something a bit more... adult.

19 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

It pisses me off that the Giants, or any team for that matter, are not trying to sign Eric Reid because of his activism. Screw these owners (yes Mara too).

Honestly makes me wish Al Davis was still alive.  It would have filled a need for his team with a quality player and it would have been a total Al move to make anyway.

Archived