Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

Well given how revenue has increased...

Given how the protests reached their height and then were completely eliminated from being mentioned, pointed out, recognized or talked about midway through the season...

Given how ratings were still down...

Given how 30% said they're watching less NFL because of the kneeling...

Given how nearly every poll is a 50/50 split...

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And you're basically doing the same to a large group of people by blackballing any player because of protests. 

To be honest the owners and NFL should have never opened the door to protesting while representing their teams.  The opened pandora box and now everyone looses.

4 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

You don't think AA and minorities make up a huge part of the NFL fanbase? Blackballing a good player because he protested against systemic inequality would piss a lot of those people off.

I chose large percentage because nobody really knows the number, all parties that have feelings one way or another is large percentage but it doesn't change the fact that drawing a line or taking a position was a good idea or allowing your players to do it for you.  Business classes in the future will teach to NOT do what the NFL has done.  I promise you that...

3 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Even with Kap, the fact that he can’t even get in for a work out with teams is insane to me. 

I thought he had an offer last season and did not opt to take it.  Rumor is the texans had him for a work out this off season as well not sure if true.

35 minutes ago, valkrei said:

Show those numbers from a legit source? Because I question that statement.

You can't question if revenue is going up in the NFL. The salary cap is tied to revenue. The players get a percentage of the revenue, and the salary cap is determined by their cut. The salary cap just went up. That means revenues are going up. And I won't get back into the other topic.

Archived