Which Wide Receiver should we sign (2018)

Dashing202

6 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

No dude he's trash 

He’s actually not, he just hasn’t had luck with injuries the last two years. It’s interesting you want to sign Vonte Davis who is 3 years removed from having a good season but want nothing to do with Wheaton who is in the same boat and could be signed on a vet min contract.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s actually not, he just hasn’t had luck with injuries the last two years. It’s interesting you want to sign Vonte Davis who is 3 years removed from having a good season but want nothing to do with Wheaton who is in the same boat and could be signed on a vet min contract.

I didn't say I want Davis I said it'd be interesting . I could care less about him and he wasn't three years removed dude he was a year removed until he got injured .

wheaton is trash I rather have torry smith and smith sucks 

11 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I didn't say I want Davis I said it'd be interesting . I could care less about him and he wasn't three years removed dude he was a year removed until he got injured .

wheaton is trash I rather have torry smith and smith sucks 

The last time Vontae had a good season was 2015 aka 3 years ago. 3 years ago Wheaton caught 44 passes for 749 yards (a 17 yard avg) and 5 TDs while splitting time with Martavis Bryant.

The year before that in 2014 Wheaton caught 53 passes.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, who has to take multiple drug tests a year and is one more failed drug tests away from being suspended indefinitely.

Why do you keep bringing up the drug test . He's a very talented dude from what I remember didn't Trent Williams get suspended or something ?.

Bryant a young talented wideout and you don't even ant him cus he's one blow a way?. Like you don't k ow if he does it again . He's worth the risk 

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The last time Vontae had a good season was 2015 aka 3 years ago. 3 years ago Wheaton caught 44 passes for 749 yards (a 17 yard avg) and 5 TDs while splitting time with Martavis Bryant.

The year before that in 2014 Wheaton caught 53 passes.

Davis had a good 2016 year TURTLE. Also makes more sense of him than Wheaton who idk why you want ?.

the connection with davis and manusky makes sense .

wheaton again sucks . Rather over pay for Wallace than give that no good chump a chance .

4 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Why do you keep bringing up the drug test . He's a very talented dude from what I remember didn't Trent Williams get suspended or something ?.

Bryant a young talented wideout and you don't even ant him cus he's one blow a way?. Like you don't k ow if he does it again . He's worth the risk 

You clearly don’t know the troubles Bryant has had and the clear difference between where he is inthe drug test program vs TWill.

Martavis Bryant is a failed drug test away from being Josh Gordon and possibly missing an entire season of football or mroe.

That’s a huge deal and if you don’t think it’s a huge deal then you’re extremely naive.

Its an immense risk to trade anything more than a late round conditional pick for a guy like Bryant given the off the field issues he’s had since he was drafted.

This was an issue for him at Clemson too - just like Josh Gordon - the entire reason Bryant fell to the 4th round of the draft was because of his off the field problems.

20 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Davis had a good 2016 year TURTLE. Also makes more sense of him than Wheaton who idk why you want ?.

wheaton again sucks . Rather over pay for Wallace than give that no good chump a chance .

I don’t think you’ve ever seen Markus Wheaton play. He’s a speedster who stretches the field which, just so happens to be what we need. Wheaton replaced Wallace in Pitt in his 2nd and 3rd seasons and their offense really didn’t miss a beat.

Wallace is fast, but he’s a 50/50 wr who has problems with drops. I don’t have a problem with signing either guy, for the right price, but I wouldn’t overpay for Wallace just like I wouldn’t overpay for guys like Torrey Smith and Sammy Watkins. 

If you had actually read my original post about Wheaton, I said the obvious reason we should sign Wheaton is because he’s a low risk, possible high reward signing. We can get Wheaton on a vet min contract and if he’s healthy he’s very likely to catch 50 passes for 700 yards and 4 or 5 TDs. 

That’s good for a #3 wr and he’ll stretch the field which is something we missed last season as we had no 4.4 or better WRs on our team.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think you’ve ever seen Markus Wheaton play. He’s a speedster who stretches the field which, just so happens to be what we need. Wheaton replaced Wallace in Pitt in his 2nd and 3rd seasons and their offense really didn’t miss a beat.

Wallace is fast, but he’s a 50/50 wr who has problems with drops. I don’t have a problem with signing either guy, for the right price, but I wouldn’t overpay for Wallace just like I wouldn’t overpay for guys like Torrey Smith and Sammy Watkins. 

If you had actually read my original post about Wheaton, I said the obvious reason we should sign Wheaton is because he’s a low risk, possible high reward signing. We can get Wheaton on a vet min contract and if he’s healthy he’s very likely to catch 50 passes for 700 yards and 4 or 5 TDs. 

That’s good for a #3 wr and he’ll stretch the field which is something we missed last season as we had no 4.4 or better WRs on our team.

Your right let's sign a dude that didn't have even 10 catches last season. And the year before that not even 200 yards .

hes really good .. at least Davis played some games dude .

@turtle28 @Dashing202 - 

You have written Doctson is a number 1 and Grant is really good. Crowder is the "best slot receiver in the game"

why would we need to even think about drafting or signing anything more than a number 4 wide receiver? 

:)

"a photographic mind is a terrible thing to waste" 

now to return to reality- with our new QB we need to sign Eifert at TE to go with glass man Reed and that stud from MD Davis ( Lil Danny always wanted to be a stud from UMD but was simply no more than a little tiny bud  and sign T Smith as a decoy to go long every play and try to open the field so Smith can Kilmer it (young bro's, check your snapface and google machine on Kilmer) it  throwing his 3 and 7 yard passes to the TE's and RB.

Boys 2018 is going to be really interesting. 

19 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Vontae was ok in 2016 but he wasn’t as good as he had been in previous years.

I said why I wanted to give Wheaton a shot. Because of his injury history he’ll be cheap, it’s a low risk possible high reward signing.

I never said, “I’d only sign Wheaton and then considered the WR positon fixed.” You’re assuming all I’d do to upgrade the WR position is sign Wheaton and I never said that.

I’d certainly re-sign Grant, sign a more reliable FA than Wheaton or draft one in round 1 or 2 and have those 3 guys battle it out for the starting WR job opposite Doctson.

13 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Your right let's sign a dude that didn't have even 10 catches last season. And the year before that not even 200 yards .

hes really good .. at least Davis played some games dude .

I don’t understand why you’re being so difficult. Wheaton broke his shoulder blade in 2016, that’s why he didn’t do much. Last year he tore he groin and that’s why he didn’t do much.

Just because a player had bad luck with injuries the last two seasons doesn’t mean he sucks, he’s just had bad luck with injuries. What’s most frustrating is you’re only looking at stats, I’ve seen almost every game Wheaton played as a Steeler and I’m telling you he’s a good downfield threat. By no means am I saying he’s some great player, but if he’s healthy he’s at worst an average WR.

If he had been in DC last year and had been healthy he would have been a starter. I’m pretty sure Kirk would have hit Wheaton on a few deep passes throughout the year and he probably would have averaged 15 yards per catch. If Wheaton is healthy and has a good qb throwing him the ball, his numbers would have been better than Grant’s because Wheaton is faster and more athletic than Grant.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t understand why you’re being so difficult. Wheaton broke his shoulder blade in 2016, that’s why he didn’t do much. Last year he tore he groin and that’s why he didn’t do much.

Just because a player had bad luck with injuries the last two seasons doesn’t mean he sucks, he’s just had bad luck with injuries. What’s most frustrating is you’re only looking at stats, I’ve seen almost every game Wheaton played as a Steeler and I’m telling you he’s a good downfield threat. By no means am I saying he’s some great player, but if he’s healthy he’s at worst an average WR.

If he had been in DC last year and had been healthy he would have been a starter. I’m pretty sure Kirk would have hit Wheaton on a few deep passes throughout the year and he probably would have averaged 15 yards per catch. If Wheaton is healthy and has a good qb throwing him the ball, his numbers would have been better than Grant’s because Wheaton is faster and more athletic than Grant.

Okay turtle 

Archived