Which Wide Receiver should we sign (2018)

Dashing202

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I would target Sammy Watkins, probably.

Or wait for cuts.

I think Dez Bryant would be a good signing. Like a DeWayne Bowe in KC type.

Dez just went off in the media like a conceded teenager. I want nothing to do with that guy, he’s a locker room cancer and always has been.

I’d only sign Watkins to a deal that costs under $10 million a year on a Ltd. He thinks he’s worth top wr $ but he hasn’t played like that type of player since 2015 when he had 60 recs, 1047 yds and 9 TDs. My thinking is we can get Watkins on a one-year deal like Jeffery and Pryor took last year in hopes that he plays well and then earns a LTD like Jeffery did in Philly. 

Watkins is capable of getting near over 1,000 yards like he did his rookie and 2nd years in tge league, he’s just battled injuries the last few years and hasn't done it.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Dez just went off in the media like a conceded teenager. I want nothing to do with that guy, he’s a locker room cancer and always has been.

I’d only sign Watkins to a deal that costs under $10 million a year on a Ltd. He thinks he’s worth top wr $ but he hasn’t played like that type of player since 2015 when he had 60 recs, 1047 yds and 9 TDs. My thinking is we can get Watkins on a one-year deal like Jeffery and Pryor took last year in hopes that he plays well and then earns a LTD like Jeffery did in Philly. 

Watkins is capable of getting near over 1,000 yards like he did his rookie and 2nd years in tge league, he’s just battled injuries the last few years and hasn't done it.

I agree with the one year deal . But disagree on the fact that Dez Bryant is a cancer . He wanted the ball a lot and Prescott kept making bad throws to him .

Bryant is a good #2 player and I'd take him .

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

I agree with the one year deal . But disagree on the fact that Dez Bryant is a cancer . He wanted the ball a lot and Prescott kept making bad throws to him .

Bryant is a good #2 player and I'd take him .

Dez Bryant is a talented player no doubt but you can’t deny that he’s a head case. He’s always been a head case. All the way back to college, the reason he didn’t go top 5 in the draft and almost fell to round 2 is because he’s a head case.

Right now the Redskins don’t have any head cases in their team and in their lockeroom. I hope it stays that way unless it’s getting Martavis Bryant for a late round conditional pick or taking a flyer on a late round ultra talented player in the draft who’s fallen because of off the field issues.

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

No

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Dez Bryant is a talented player no doubt but you can’t deny that he’s a head case. He’s always been a head case. All the way back to college, the reason he didn’t go top 5 in the draft and almost fell to round 2 is because he’s a head case.

Right now the Redskins don’t have any head cases in their team and in their lockeroom. I hope it stays that way unless it’s getting Martavis Bryant for a late round conditional pick or taking a flyer on a late round ultra talented player in the draft who’s fallen because of off the field issues.

Him being a head case is just a rumor . He has an attitude alpha mentality . But that doesn't indicate why we should randomly get lazy in free agent wideouts . 

again he isn't a number one but we do need someone that makes good tough catches . He does well in the open field as well .

also with Landry and Robinson being gone our options are falling . I rather draft Sutton or Ridley but I'm settling for what's in front of us . 

Watkins/Bryant/ Torry smith seems more of a redskins move .

it isn't beautiful but it's acceptable .

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

Him being a head case is just a rumor . He has an attitude alpha mentality . But that doesn't indicate why we should randomly get lazy in free agent wideouts . 

again he isn't a number one but we do need someone that makes good tough catches . He does well in the open field as well .

also with Landry and Robinson being gone our options are falling . I rather draft Sutton or Ridley but I'm settling for what's in front of us . 

Watkins/Bryant/ Torry smith seems more of a redskins move .

it isn't beautiful but it's acceptable .

The Redskins are not going to sign 2 high priced WRs and another mid range costing WR like Torrey Smith.

We have Doctson, Crowder and Reed who plays a lot like a big slot WR.

We only need 1 WR, preferably with sub 4.5 speed because we currently lack  that at the WR positon. Doctson is a younger version of a Dez type WR, I seriously doubt he’s even on the teams radar.

WRs who fit the speed need for the skins are guys like Watkins, Martavis Bryant (for the right price in a trade) Emmanuel Sanders (if he’s cut), Paul Richardson, Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith (if he’s cut), Albert Wilson, Taylor Gabriel, Tavon Austin (if he’s cut) or Markus Wheaton.

This isn’t madden. The Redskins aren’t going to go out and spend $20 million on 3 FA WRs. They might sign one WR or trade for one, if they do anything at all. They may just re-sign Grant and draft a WR to compete with him.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The Redskins are not going to sign 2 high priced WRs and another mid range costing WR like Torrey Smith.

We have Doctson, Crowder and Reed who plays a lot like a big slot WR.

We only need 1 WR, preferably with sub 4.5 speed because we currently lack  that at the WR positon. Doctson is a younger version of a Dez type WR, I seriously doubt he’s even on the teams radar.

WRs who fit the speed need for the skins are guys like Watkins, Martavis Bryant (for the right price in a trade) Emmanuel Sanders (if he’s cut), Paul Richardson, Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith (if he’s cut), Albert Wilson, Taylor Gabriel, Tavon Austin (if he’s cut) or Markus Wheaton.

This isn’t madden. The Redskins aren’t going to go out and spend $20 million on 3 FA WRs. They might sign one WR or trade for one, if they do anything at all. They may just re-sign Grant and draft a WR to compete with him.

Dude I didn't say sign all of them together .

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Starting to feel as if Sammie Watkins will be our main signing . Makes a lot of sense on our part.

This is where I am leaning too. 

Jordan Reed is on a year-to-year prove it deal that just spiked so naturally he's bound to be healthy for this season.
The potential of Doctson is super intriguing. He needs a 'dog' to partner with.

On the surface, it checks all the boxes.

9 minutes ago, footy_29 said:

This is where I am leaning too. 

Jordan Reed is on a year-to-year prove it deal that just spiked so naturally he's bound to be healthy for this season.
The potential of Doctson is super intriguing. He needs a 'dog' to partner with.

On the surface, it checks all the boxes.

I'd be excited because , Watkins is a talented player . He had number one upside but his health is a concern .

Jordan Mathews I see as the other option .

Donte Moncrief or Gabriel be our plan C options .

Archived