Which Wide Receiver should we sign (2018)

Dashing202

Hey guys just a quick warm up thread before march starts .  With no proven vet or any one reliable wideout other than Crowder , who should we sign or Trade . 

Top ten wideouts for 2018:

Jarvis Landry

Sammie Watkins 

Allen Robinson

Jordan Mathews 

Terrel Pryor 

M.Lee

Mike Wallace

Taylor Gabriel 

John Brown

Paul Richardson.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/77018/309/2018-nfl-free-agent-tracker

rest of free agent list .

Potential casualties cut:

Emmanuel Saunders

Demarius Thomas 

Jordan Nelson

Dez Bryant 

J.Macklin 

Brandon Marshall

Id target Sammie Watkins as my first choice . He shouldn't command a lot of money and he has very good hands . He is only 24 and going 25 next season . 

I don't think we will get Landry or Allen at all. Realistically the redskins move would be to sign Dez Bryant or Taylor Gabriel.

If he’s as cheap as I think he’ll be, I like Taylor Gabriel. Runs a legit 4.3, stays healthy, and is capable off changing the game with one touch of the ball. Allen Robinson said he wants a Davante Adams type money. That’s 4yrs 58 mill. While I like the player, I’d rather invest that money on the other side of the ball.

1 minute ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

If he’s as cheap as I think he’ll be, I like Taylor Gabriel. Runs a legit 4.3, stays healthy, and is capable off changing the game with one touch of the ball. Allen Robinson said he wants a Davante Adams type money. That’s 4yrs 58 mill. While I like the player, I’d rather invest that money on the other side of the ball.

I thought the Jags also said they would franchise Allen Robinson. 

Allen Robinson (if he becomes available) would be a decent choice as a one year redemption pickup. See if you can get him at $5-6M so he can rehab and then let him walk to get a compensatory pick.

As for the rest:

• Landry, while talented, is top of the market. That's an awfully big splash
  • Watkins is rarely healthy. Talented yes, but you cannot count on him.
  • Mathews ... hmm ... maybe?
  • Pryor? No.
  • Lee and Wallace? No real interest from where I'm sitting.
  • Gabriel? @SeanTayorsaPIMP made an interesting point there. Perhaps a poor man's Tyreke Hill for Smith?
  • John Brown has flirted with stardom, but hasn't committed. Could be a cheaper (to us) compensatory pick pump primer than Robinson. Of course, that comes with the understanding that he's less likely to net us much.
  • Paul Richardson is the one I'm intrigued by, personally.

We'll see if any of the casualty list actually become free. Of them, Maclin and Marshall are probably past their prime and I'd have to chew on a large tree branch before I could come to terms with Dez Bryant in burgundy and gold. The other three (Jordy Nelson in particular) would be interesting additions, but they won't come cheap.

32 minutes ago, Woz said:

Allen Robinson (if he becomes available) would be a decent choice as a one year redemption pickup. See if you can get him at $5-6M so he can rehab and then let him walk to get a compensatory pick.

Pierre Garcon had some injury history before we signed him and he turned out to be a great pickup. 

I really haven't made up my mind on this, in regard to vet FAs. 

There are quite a few that I would smile and be excited over.. and very few, I guess, that I would give a bleh reaction over. 

If they go draft? my homer choice is D.J. Chark from LSU. I peg him as a 1st rd talent that will fall to day 2 somewhere. 

If the go vet FA? I like the idea of speedster Paul Richardson, but like the routes and sure hands of a Jarvis Landry. 

With so many areas that could potentially need a starting player... and with the hope of a healthy TE duo of Reed and VD getting lots of work? I don't know that it's best to invest too high at WR. 

Been one of those crazy days. My head is swimming in so many directions; I don't know wth I'm thinking, lol.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

As for the rest:

• Landry, while talented, is top of the market. That's an awfully big splash
  • Watkins is rarely healthy. Talented yes, but you cannot count on him.
  • Mathews ... hmm ... maybe?
  • Pryor? No.
  • Lee and Wallace? No real interest from where I'm sitting.
  • Gabriel? @SeanTayorsaPIMP made an interesting point there. Perhaps a poor man's Tyreke Hill for Smith?
  • John Brown has flirted with stardom, but hasn't committed. Could be a cheaper (to us) compensatory pick pump primer than Robinson. Of course, that comes with the understanding that he's less likely to net us much.
  • Paul Richardson is the one I'm intrigued by, personally.

We'll see if any of the casualty list actually become free. Of them, Maclin and Marshall are probably past their prime and I'd have to chew on a large tree branch before I could come to terms with Dez Bryant in burgundy and gold. The other three (Jordy Nelson in particular) would be interesting additions, but they won't come cheap.

Jordy Nelson would be good for us .  . 

He be more suitable as a vet wideout for us than dez . Nelson has a good attitude and he's been a reception catching machine .

i can see him playing a Garçon type role here . Cobb also a candidate to be released but I see greenbay keeping him due to the age difference.

with 

Archived