Leisher's very quick 2018 Packer Mock

jleisher

Messing around on Fanspeak.com, using their simulator I came up with this Packer draft.  For my Big Board, I used Chris Trapasso's from CBS, user-voted team needs and on difficult mode.  My team needs for this draft are Edge, CB, TE, WR, OL.  I have provided the players ranking on his board, and included some of the players available at that pick.  I think it turn out interesting, I would be happy.

#14.  Minkah Fitzpatrick  DB  Alabama (6)  (Okoronkwo #12, Vea #13, Jackson #14, Washington #15 and Miller #18.)

#45.  Dallas Goedert  TE  S. Dakota (48)  (Miller #33, Wynn #40, Andrews #41, Freeman #42, Smith #43 and Settle #44.)

#72.  Malik Jefferson  LB  Texas (52)  (Settle #44, Chubb #51, Bozeman #55, Daniels #60, Moore #64 and Hughes #70.)

Comp.  James Daniels  C/G  Iowa (60)  (Smith #74, Johnson #72, Reed #81, Scott #83, Walton #86, Jackson #91 and Davis #93.)

#110.  Carlton Davis  CB  Auburn (93)  (Scott, Jackson, Samuels, Nelson, Corbett, Williams and Brown.)

#141.  Dante Pettis  WR  Washington (148)  (Lazard, Penny, Wims, Phillips, Adams, Lasley and Allen.)

Comp.  Dorance Armstrong Jr.  Edge  Kansas St. (171) (McFadden, Holmes, Carrington, Moore and Yiadem.)

Comp.  Josey Jewell  ILB  Iowa (176) ( The above players, Crawford and Averett.)

Comp.  J'Mon Moore  WR  Missouri (170) (The above players, Robertson, Adeniyi, Quessenberry and Flowers.)

#172.  Brian O'Neill  T  Pittsburgh (216)

#213.  Mason Cole  C/G  Michigan (228)

Comp.  Kentavius Street  Edge/DE  NC St. (239)

Let the hating begin!  LOL!

No hate here. But why not a edge rusher earlier? And, for that matter, why draft all these players when its unlikely the team would be unlikely to be able to keep them all? Are there twelve guys on the team you'd replace with rookies? And this doesn't include any movement with FA, or UDFA's the Packers target. Besides, there are some developmental players the Packers need to evaluate during the exhibition season. It seems likely the Packers will package picks to move up in the draft to target specific needs. And I fully expect there to be a TE signing, rather than drafting a TE.

Fanspeak shows how different the big boards are right now.  Have turned out some mocks that I really love.  The love/hate on some of the prospects is mind boggling.

Like the draft, but we need to address the EDGE in the first three rounds.  Then grab another one later.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, ricky said:

No hate here. But why not a edge rusher earlier? And, for that matter, why draft all these players when its unlikely the team would be unlikely to be able to keep them all? Are there twelve guys on the team you'd replace with rookies? And this doesn't include any movement with FA, or UDFA's the Packers target. Besides, there are some developmental players the Packers need to evaluate during the exhibition season. It seems likely the Packers will package picks to move up in the draft to target specific needs. And I fully expect there to be a TE signing, rather than drafting a TE.

With the Big Board falling like it did, Fitzpatrick was the BPA, IMO.  He was one of a few players that some say is a starter from day one.  The Edge players available IMO, will take a year or so to develop.  Jefferson and Armstrong can both provide the rush, both player are going higher in some other mocks.  Now, with drafting  Davis in rd #4, this opens up other options with Fitzpatrick, playing S or CB.  If he stays at CB, you have King, Randall, Fitzpatrick and Davis at CB, much better depth.  As for TE's, I can see that both ways.  I don't think they will sign someone big, but maybe a Luke Wilson or resigning Rodgers.  Getting O'Neill and Cole in the 7th, wow, both those players go higher in other boards, and with Daniels, we just strengthened the OL.  Thanks for you input!

19 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Fanspeak shows how different the big boards are right now.  Have turned out some mocks that I really love.  The love/hate on some of the prospects is mind boggling.

Like the draft, but we need to address the EDGE in the first three rounds.  Then grab another one later.

Yes sir, you are correct about the big boards being all over the place.  Jefferson offers the same flexibility as CMJ, ILB/OLB.  I know there's questions about his love for the game, but the way the board fell, IMO he was my BPA.  Armstrong is so up and down on boards, getting him in the 5th, could be a steal.  Thanks for your input.

21 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

I think the Fan speak picks need to be abandoned for mocks.  I now we're a long way out fromthe draft,  but the player draft positions are so unrealistic. 

How do we know?  Not trying to be jerkish or anything, but like Dubz41 said, the big boards are all over the place.  It's so hard to tell who's is more realistic then the others.  I know Matt Miller of Bleacher Report is held with high regards with scouting, I like to use his BB.  Who do you think has the best or more realistic big board at this time?  Thanks!

Archived