Devils Country Music Thread

devils1854

• 2 weeks later...

Was out of town for the holidays a little longer than I expected, and I didnt get all the albums done that I wanted. So I will do the list of my 25 favorite singles this year. Meaning these are my favorite songs that either werent on a album this year, were released as just singles, or were on albums not yet released or released in previous year. Simple version: These are the songs that arent on the album or EP rankings.

25.Mike and the Moonpies-The Way
24.Tyler Rich-The Difference
23.Cole Taylor-Ride Down a Dirt Road
22.Chad Cooke Band-Whatever It Takes
21.Carrie Underwood-Southbound

-Nothing really that special here. The Difference was Rich's first big label release, and that made a big difference for me liking it. Probably wont enjoy similar songs in the future. The Way from Mike and the Moonpies is a cover of the 90s hit from Fastball. Southbound by Carrie is a fun song. Something she really hasnt put out in a while.

20.Tyler Hammond-How I Always Been
19.Canaan Smith-Beer Drinkin Weather
18.Ashley McBryde-Girl Goin Nowhere
17.The Cadillac Three-All The Makings of a Saturday Night
16.Jordan Davis-Slow Dance In A Parking Lot

-Im realizing I really dont love these songs either. Ill give Jordan Davis credit. Slow Dance In A Parking Lot is easily the best song on his album, and even though its very poppy, its a good song, and he sings it well. The Cadillac Three have a new album coming out in Feburary, and All Tha Makings is their first single of the album. I usually arent that fond of the first singles from TC3, but this one is tolerable, even though its not one of their best. I miss Canaan Smith on the radio. He plays frat bro really well.

15.Sam Hunt-Kinfolks
14.Rich O'Toole-California
13.Sturgill Simpson-The Dead Dont Die
12.Granger Smith-Holler
11.Scotty McCreery-This is It

-Like clockwork, Sam Hunt puts out a new song and I know its bad, but I love it like usual. He just does his sthick better than everyone else trying to copy him in Nashville. I really want a bluegrass album from Sturgill after hearing The Dead Dont Die. Maybe he will go to that phase in his life after the rock one is over. Scotty McCreery has really been solid in his return these past couple years.

10.Michael Ray-One That Got Away
9.Granger Smith-Damn Strait
8.Colter Wall-Happy Reunion
7.Bri Bagwell-Cheat on Me
6.Triston Marez-Unbreak a Heartache

-Ive really grown to love Colter Wall. If you havent listend to him, he is the definition of western in country and western music. Happy Reunion is a song about a cowboy tending to cattle on a normal work day. Its a fun little song. I really got back in Granger Smith in 2019. I really started to hate him once he left Texas for Nashville, and changed much of his sound. The two songs he released this year were closer to what I heard from him earlier in the decade. Hopefully we get more new music from him in 2020 since his 2019 was derailed when his young son tragically died of an accident. Triston Marez once again. Will we see him again?

• Like 1