Jaguars Free Agents/Free Agency thread

.Buzz

10 hours ago, Speedyg said:

I don't think this is some set in stone fact that TC goes by when looking at QB. In nearly 2 decades in the NFL, he's only spent one 1st round pick on a QB and that was with Eli. The rest of the picks were mid to low-round draft selections. These are essentially back-up types that he's drafting. And when you're spending mid to late round picks on a QB, chances are they are going to be seniors because the good underclassmen are likely going to be viewed as having more potential and taken higher in the draft because of it.

it doesnt change the fact this year unless Coughlin is looking for a Backup caliber guy to go look for a QB. 

Lamar aint the answer.  Rudolph seems at best a less athletic bortles with slightly better passing skills.   we need to wait till like round 3 or 4 and thats when coughlin seemingly goes after qbs. 

QBs who might be available then: Kyle Lauletta, Mike White, Luke Falk, Kurt Benkert, Nic Shimonek, Riley Ferguson, Chase Litton. 

the only 1 ive seen us rumored to have atleast visited is Litton. 

a guy who i would love to see get a camp shot would be Peter Pujals who played at Holy Cross.  

10 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

it doesnt change the fact this year unless Coughlin is looking for a Backup caliber guy to go look for a QB. 

Lamar aint the answer.  Rudolph seems at best a less athletic bortles with slightly better passing skills.   we need to wait till like round 3 or 4 and thats when coughlin seemingly goes after qbs. 

QBs who might be available then: Kyle Lauletta, Mike White, Luke Falk, Kurt Benkert, Nic Shimonek, Riley Ferguson, Chase Litton. 

the only 1 ive seen us rumored to have atleast visited is Litton. 

a guy who i would love to see get a camp shot would be Peter Pujals who played at Holy Cross.  

That's when he goes for QBs because he had someone in place to start (Brunell, Eli). Now, maybe they think Bortles really is the guy and all they are looking for is a backup, in which case yeah some late round pick might be that (and with Kessler now here, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't take one until late if only for PS reasons).

But to clarify, when I say Lamar, this is what *I* want the Jaguars to do, not necessarily what they will do.

Regardless, all indications are that he'll be gone well before the 29th pick.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Isn't everything with NE smoke?

no. i do think Dave might be kicking himself in the rear for passing up  on potentially getting Jimmy G in a trade tho i would expect the price to be higher for an AFC team. 

that cooks deal came out from left field

On 4/11/2018 at 8:08 PM, LinderFournette said:

they also said the same thing about mahomes yet hes gonna start this year. 

If you read the article, it's not just about them being a starter, more about their potential or lack thereof in their early years as an NFL QB. 

10 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i gurantee you the guys on Lousville are more highly talented recruits then wyomings.  

The talent Louisville has to play is also better than what Wyoming has to play.

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We talked about Honey Badger but does anyone want Eric Reid?

I am not sure about Reid because I am not sure if he can play nickel corner. The reason I wanted HB was because of his versatility and he was a top tier nickel corner. He would have stepped in for AC and the team wouldn't have skipped a bit. I need to review Eric Reid a little more, but I don't think the talent level and fit was equal to HB. 

Archived