Jaguars Free Agents/Free Agency thread

.Buzz

I'd pass on Manziel.  It may not cost much of anything, and maybe he's changed, maybe he hasn't.  He's still not really a great QB though, and it's the sort of sideshow we don't need to invite to this team right now.  Certainly not for the limited "upside" of a potential 2nd/3rd string QB...maybe.  Let someone else bring that distraction to town.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'd pass on Manziel.  It may not cost much of anything, and maybe he's changed, maybe he hasn't.  He's still not really a great QB though, and it's the sort of sideshow we don't need to invite to this team right now.  Certainly not for the limited "upside" of a potential 2nd/3rd string QB...maybe.  Let someone else bring that distraction to town.

We pass with him, he’s a QB?

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

This. Theres really no one left out there that's worth signing other than just another body. 

A quick look at overthecap for our 2019 cap space and i see that we are in the red by 16.5M

Any guesses on who we lose next year?

These guys are decent cap hits with no dead money before June 1

Church-6m, but still a leader and good at what he does

A. Jones-4m

Dareus-10.5M, he changes our run defense big time but thats alot of money

Couple more with dead hits:

Gipson: 9m- 1.6 in dead money

M. Jackson: 11m-4m in dead money

How do we get back on the other side and have money for draft picks? Seems like Dareus is as good as gone or restructured. Jackson and Gipson were huge for us but we can't keep everyone. Thoughts?

We have roughly 19M for 2018 To rollover don't we? That might have played a role in the restructure of Telvin's contract. 

I think Dareus unless he regains pro bowl form is gone. He's been very good against the run for sure, but is he 10M good?

Abry might be gone too, though 4M is really nothing at this point, and he can line up at nose or LDE in our defense so that buys us time.

Damn I knew it was tight but didnt realize it's this tight. 

That 2019 figure doesn't even factor in Fowler's option which we need to decide by draft. I think that's 14M.

We need to find some replacements in this draft, and really why finding that young QB is needed. 20M a year is a lot to be paying Blake when we also have to stack the roster just to make him functional.

It's about a 15M difference between what Blake makes and what even a late 1st round rookie QB makes. Now next season we only save 4M, but the year after is huge. This could also be why they wait until next season to take one, unless one drops to us that we feel can't pass on.

Archived