Jaguars Free Agents/Free Agency thread

.Buzz

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Mike Kaye said we're showing strong interest Mingo.

Makes sense.  I remember when a bunch of people around this forum were hard after him in the draft as a LEO guy.  xD  Hasn't really panned out at all as that type of guy, but he'd actually be a solid fit as our SAM LBer.  He's shown he can cover and play a bit in space too.  As long as the money is right.  It'd be a way to get that 3rd LBer with lots of athletic ability, without spending a premium draft pick on a position that won't be on the field half the time.

50 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Yeah.  Can't compete with that kind of money for Colvin.  Too bad, he was a good piece as the nickel here.  But i'll gladly take a Bouye for Colvin swap on our end.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Think he could be a pretty good replacement?

Honestly didn't see a single game of his last season. Only going off what I recall about him coming into the draft. I don't think he's been the same player since the injury. If it's for 2 to 3M per, maybe even close to 4, you can hope he gets back to that surrounded by a star studded cast here. If not, at least he's got experience that the young guys we have now don't. 

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

dareus, jackson restructure perhaps but honestly i see 1 guy thats a must keep and thats lambo. 

I’d keep Lambo and Grant.

i doubt we re-sign many of those guys and do much in FA next year. Gotta re-sign the youngins on D (Yan, Jalen and Myles).

still wonder what they are going to do with Dante.

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’d keep Lambo and Grant.

i doubt we re-sign many of those guys and do much in FA next year. Gotta re-sign the youngins on D (Yan, Jalen and Myles).

still wonder what they are going to do with Dante.

if im the jags i decline that player option unless im 100% commited to keeping him.  he isnt good enough as a pass rusher by himself meaning winning off the edge vs good tackles.  personally i think we need to start searching for a new subpackage rusher in the draft(i like haynes but im fairly concerned with him being only 220). 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

if im the jags i decline that player option unless im 100% commited to keeping him.  he isnt good enough as a pass rusher by himself meaning winning off the edge vs good tackles.  personally i think we need to start searching for a new subpackage rusher in the draft(i like haynes but im fairly concerned with him being only 220). 

Yea Fowler will be an interesting quandry when that option is available 

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Think he could be a pretty good replacement?

Personally I’d rather draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th that’s my IMO. It’s a fairly easy role to come out and play well early especially playing and learning from AJ and Jalen. But we still lack quality depth regardless.

33 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i want a 2nd edge guy who can create pressure around the edge

Something tell me you keep him for insurance I don’t see Campbell replicating last season. If he hits a wall. Fowler could bail us out.

5 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Is D.J. Hayden any good?

He was okay for the Lions last year. You could do worse for a 3rd CB, but had isn't as good as Colvin. Very average player. Wasn't a liability but also didn't create many plays. Play him in off man against a teams 3rd best WR and you'll be fine. 

Archived